U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 03:54 PM

32,967 posts, read 30,230,881 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigration grenade: 60K Texas anchor babies get U.S. citizenship every year

"Last year at Parkland, 11,071 babies were born to women who were noncitizens - about 74 percent of total deliveries. Most of these women are believed to be in the country illegally." The Dallas Morning News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 04:03 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,978,451 times
snopes.com: Parkland Memorial Hospital and Illegal Immigrants

Claim: A recent patient survey indicated that 70% of the women who gave birth at Parkland in the first three months of 2006 were illegal immigrants.

but.....

Most immigrant patients have jobs and pay taxes, through paycheck deductions or property taxes included in their rent, administrators at the Dallas and Fort Worth hospitals said. At both institutions, they have a better record of paying their bills than low-income Americans do, the administrators said.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:09 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,949,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post

Claim: A recent patient survey indicated that 70% of the women who gave birth at Parkland in the first three months of 2006 were illegal immigrants.

but.....

Most immigrant patients have jobs and pay taxes, through paycheck deductions or property taxes included in their rent, administrators at the Dallas and Fort Worth hospitals said. At both institutions, they have a better record of paying their bills than low-income Americans do, the administrators said.
or through property taxes included in their rent? Are you serious? I pay close to 3900.00 total property tax on my property. Where I live thats a bit high. I would gladly do away with all my other taxes and just pay that property tax.
No sir they do not pay their fair share. How do they pay taxes through payroll deduction if they are illegal? That means no SSN. Oh because they commit a few crimes including fraud or ID theft.
Model citizens 1 and all.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:26 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,983,395 times
Quote:

but.....

Apparently you can't READ - IMMIGRANTS (those here LEGALLY). It does NOT say ILLEGALS - but spin away as USUAL

Old 08-10-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:

but.....

Immigrant != Illegal Immigrant , I would hope legal Immigrants would pay their bills.

The largest group of illegal immigrant patients is pregnant women, hospital figures show. ........ Under a 2002 amendment WE the Federal tax payers pay for their births.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:42 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,978,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Apparently you can't READ - IMMIGRANTS (those here LEGALLY). It does NOT say ILLEGALS - but spin away as USUAL
In context "immigrant" in the article I quoted from refers to both legal & illegal immigrants - euphemistically referred to in the article as "uninsured Hispanic immigrants with uncertain immigration status".

Old 08-10-2010, 04:44 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Quote:

but.....

Most of these pregnant illegal women do not have medical insurance to cover the birth of their numerous babies so it is comes out of our tax coffers and increases our policy rates. Then they are entitled to all kinds of welfare and other freebies for their instant citizen broods till they are 18 years of age. Nice racket they've got going there.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:00 PM

555 posts, read 738,232 times
Look at how many female illegals are shown crossing in this video:

Gaming the Border: a Report from Cochise County, Arizona | Center for Immigration Studies

No wonder there are so many anchor babies. Build the gol dang fence. I bet they couldn't climb a ladder and drop down 16 or so feet.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
In context "immigrant" in the article I quoted from refers to both legal & illegal immigrants - euphemistically referred to in the article as "uninsured Hispanic immigrants with uncertain immigration status".
I don't think I've ever seen you discern legal from illegal in any reply.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:14 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,181,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
or through property taxes included in their rent? Are you serious? I pay close to 3900.00 total property tax on my property. Where I live thats a bit high. I would gladly do away with all my other taxes and just pay that property tax.
No sir they do not pay their fair share. How do they pay taxes through payroll deduction if they are illegal? That means no SSN. Oh because they commit a few crimes including fraud or ID theft.
Model citizens 1 and all.
There is a big difference between "immigrant patient" and "illegal immigrant patient." The ones who work with a visa pay taxes and the ones using stolen I.D's...well the poor sot that is the real owner of that I.D gets to pay or spend many months trying to gain his or her life back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or