U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-16-2010, 07:14 AM
 
4,628 posts, read 9,027,023 times
Reputation: 4225

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
You are a liar...twice. Read the line below the blotter and go back and read the original OP of the first thread.

It's the Webb County Sheriff's Office in Laredo, referenced in the first line of the police blotter and apparently referred to as the LSO.

More current info here in a 5 part series.
You are quoting nothing more than blogs & not offering anything official (you know, from an actual police agency). Find one source that is directly from a police department, sheriff's office, BP, ICE or any authority in a position to know the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well something you won't see on the corporate MSM channels as it goes against the agenda of the current administration.
...
The "Mexican problem" HAS crossed the border and we are not being told about it.
Where've you been for the past 30 years? If you think criminal activity by Mexican gangs in this country is something new, you haven't been paying attention.

And if it were true that the agenda of the current admin is to control the media (which includes the internet, btw), then it would be logical (!) that they are controlling this and every other site as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-16-2010, 07:28 AM
 
4,628 posts, read 9,027,023 times
Reputation: 4225
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It wouldn't be very difficult for illegals to steal police unifoms, badges, guns, cars - whatever and falsify documents to make them appear to be police and do whatever they want over here. It's said that cartel members do use stolen police uniforms when carrying out murders and assassinations.
Unfortunately, not all cartel gang members are illegals. And no, it is not difficult to purchase or steal anything everything necessary to make these crooks appear to be police or ICE or BP - at least to the general public.

I am sure the situation is much more grave in the border states than those of us who don't live there are lead to believe. The lack of knowledge and belief is our own fault; people are naturally content to believe nothing is as bad as it seems if it does not directly affect our own lives.

However, that does not necessarily make our own apathy one giant governmental conspiracy. Nor does it give credibility to any extremists' sites, who themselves have a distinct, anti-American government agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,847 posts, read 1,850,347 times
Reputation: 1741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post

I am sure the situation is much more grave in the border states than those of us who don't live there are lead to believe. .
I live in a border state, and not too far from the border, and trust me truer words were never spoken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 04:38 PM
 
4,270 posts, read 7,885,000 times
Reputation: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
I live in a border state, and not too far from the border, and trust me truer words were never spoken.
Yes. It is up to the people in the border areas to demonstrate how and why they need help, and how grave their situation is. If/when they do that, the American people will determine how to best respond to the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2010, 07:01 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Unfortunately, not all cartel gang members are illegals. And no, it is not difficult to purchase or steal anything everything necessary to make these crooks appear to be police or ICE or BP - at least to the general public.

I am sure the situation is much more grave in the border states than those of us who don't live there are lead to believe. The lack of knowledge and belief is our own fault; people are naturally content to believe nothing is as bad as it seems if it does not directly affect our own lives.

However, that does not necessarily make our own apathy one giant governmental conspiracy. Nor does it give credibility to any extremists' sites, who themselves have a distinct, anti-American government agenda.
More information:

Bulletin warned of drug violence in El Paso - El Paso Times

Baranyay said he could not release what was in the bulletin because it was coded "law enforcement sensitive," but the broadcast that dispatchers repeated several times on Sunday mentioned Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman Loera, plans for a kidnapping in El Paso, the Aztecas gang and an alleged hit man nicknamed "Carnicero" (butcher).


Yes - much goes on that the public is not supposed to know about. In this article they come right out and say it. They are suppressing a whole lot of this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2010, 01:33 PM
 
Location: The Heartland
4,457 posts, read 3,593,689 times
Reputation: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
You are quoting nothing more than blogs & not offering anything official (you know, from an actual police agency). Find one source that is directly from a police department, sheriff's office, BP, ICE or any authority in a position to know the facts.
Now tell me if we the people are privy to everything that goes on with "a police department, sheriff's office, BP, ICE or any authority in a position to know the facts."

I post what I find and in this case I also posted a disclaimer just as I did the first thread. Take your finger pointing and point it where the sun doesn't shine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2010, 02:53 PM
 
4,628 posts, read 9,027,023 times
Reputation: 4225
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post

I post what I find and in this case I also posted a disclaimer just as I did the first thread. Take your finger pointing and point it where the sun doesn't shine.
Tsk, tsk...your temper's getting the best of you. More histrionics really don't help the situation. You post what you find, without first at least attempting to verify it. Calm down, and try to at least not post inflammatory things. You really shouldn't do that.

Last edited by Wicked Felina; 08-18-2010 at 03:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2010, 03:03 PM
 
4,628 posts, read 9,027,023 times
Reputation: 4225
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
More information:

Bulletin warned of drug violence in El Paso - El Paso Times

Baranyay said he could not release what was in the bulletin because it was coded "law enforcement sensitive," but the broadcast that dispatchers repeated several times on Sunday mentioned Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman Loera, plans for a kidnapping in El Paso, the Aztecas gang and an alleged hit man nicknamed "Carnicero" (butcher).


Yes - much goes on that the public is not supposed to know about. In this article they come right out and say it. They are suppressing a whole lot of this stuff.
I absolutely believe that much of it is suppressed. If some information were to compromise a situation, I hope that it would not be released. But I am having a hard time believing that it's some great big conspiracy to delude the American people into believing all's well on the homes front as some in these threads tout. You people who actually live there already know that it is not well.

I'm sure that news outlets are sometimes specifically requested by law enforcement to not release certain information immediately. The news outlets must've heard the info being dispatched.

If the news outfits have scanners, then the gangs do as well.

Some info shouldn't be released to the general public until after the fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2010, 03:11 PM
 
Location: On a Long Island in NY
7,624 posts, read 8,115,516 times
Reputation: 6949
I don't see why this is a surprise, law enforcement agencies (especially on the federal level) have been hiding things from the American public for years in regards to illegal immigration, the drug cartels, and border security. Look at the incident where Los Zetas tried to blow up the Falcon Dam in Zapata County, TX - the Feds denied the story and hid it from the media and the public for weeks before they finally acknowledged that the reports of the plot were true.

In fact, the head of Homeland Security even outright denies that we have a very serious problem when it comes to border security. To claim that there is a media blackout on the issue would be a perfectly logical statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2010, 04:26 PM
 
Location: The Heartland
4,457 posts, read 3,593,689 times
Reputation: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Tsk, tsk...your temper's getting the best of you. More histrionics really don't help the situation.
Neither does your ignorance.
Quote:
You post what you find, without first at least attempting to verify it. Calm down, and try to at least not post inflammatory things. You really shouldn't do that.
Again, more ignorance, you have no idea what I have or have not done and you are wholly ignorant of the entire first thread (which has been mentioned but you failed to bother with) on the subject where many (including myself) tried to find more information from the MSM and typical LEO's. Unfortunately these organizations are not always forthcoming with news they do not want out so again...I post what I find with disclaimers and leave the rest to the folks here to discern or glean what they will from it.

I see you did not answer my question and conveniently left it out of your reply which for your type is typical because the true answer exposes your weakness. Here it is again for you to have a second try at; Now tell me if we the people are privy to everything that goes on with "a police department, sheriff's office, BP, ICE or any authority in a position to know the facts."

You should work on your own plethora of faults before trying to point out others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top