U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:01 AM

27 posts, read 13,364 times

Advertisements

Mexico has abundant resources and the 12 biggest economy and perfectly able to take care of it's people. But if we do it for them, why should they do it. They have to be force and our government will not force them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 12:33 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,329,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I'll give her credit for being honest. Lots of future votes for the Democrats.
I hear rumblings that while the Democrats are known for pandering to minorities, including illegals, they are not alone. For instance, there are stories of many corporations fishing in the immigrant pool. The ownership of those corporations tends to go across partisan lines. Simply put, they are a mix of right and left. Regardless of their political affiliation, as profiteers first, they see these people as a sort of commodity. Something to profit from and they utilize / exploit them accordingly. If there is blame to direct, it should be directed at all who allow / promote / exploit illegal immigrants. Some are just more explicit in their approach.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:41 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,553,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Talking time is over. As we sit in here and talk all of these points, illegal immigration continues in massive amounts. Time for America to take action. Not just fax, write and call. August 28th will be an interesting day in D.C. It's time to show up.
tick-tock...
I agree, but what happens on Aug 28th (besides my mom's birthday! ) ??

Old 08-12-2010, 12:51 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,494,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Our country will someday regret permitting this travesty to occur. Its a free-for-all. Im surprised they even require women to give birth on U.S. soil. Why not simply charge a fee for U.S. citizenship. After all, it is our moral obligation to offer U.S. citizenship to all who desire it for their children.
I agree 100% about this travesty

As far as charging I'm sure that all of the people that support
ILLEGAL'S will whine about such an idea

We MUST demand that our Law's are enforced and that the
border is secure until then it's the same old show

And if people think that just being here is a birth right
without being a citizen let them support them

Old 08-12-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I agree, but what happens on Aug 28th (besides my mom's birthday! ) ??
Happy birthday Mom! Besides that, I think it's Glenn Beck's revealing of the Plan in Washington D.C. Exactly what that is is another story. GB's vision of how to "get this country back on track" and to end the "bipartisan corruption that has damaged our country"?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:19 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
This woman is not an illegal immigrant.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:22 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I agree 100% about this travesty

As far as charging I'm sure that all of the people that support
ILLEGAL'S will whine about such an idea

We MUST demand that our Law's are enforced and that the
border is secure until then it's the same old show

And if people think that just being here is a birth right
without being a citizen let them support them
Tell me how enforcing the law and a secure border would have prevented this woman from coming in here legally on a visitor's visa?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Tell me how enforcing the law and a secure border would have prevented this woman from coming in here legally on a visitor's visa?
Part of the problem here is that people lump all foreigners into the same boat. When in reality, many are here on a visa, working or not, and many are going throught the legal channels to attain citizenship.

Another challenge is the written word. The lawyers can take just about any law, amendment etc. an interpet it in a myriad of ways.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:12 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This woman is not an illegal immigrant.
Youre right. Shes an unethical Mexican citizen, who entered the U.S. on a tourist visa under false pretenses.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Youre right. Shes an unethical Mexican citizen, who entered the U.S. on a tourist visa under false pretenses.
Yes. True...She only told her family, not immigration. But there are plenty of lawyers willing to defend her if need be regardless of the intent of Amendment 14.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration