U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 01:20 PM

207 posts, read 466,614 times

Advertisements

This is one of the most ridiculous threads concerning illegals yet.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:03 PM

23,871 posts, read 16,108,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
This is one of the most ridiculous threads concerning illegals yet.
Obviously you have not had the onsalught of leaf blowers in your neighborhood. They are disgusting and the people that work these unnecessary machines are infringing on the privacy and health of others all for the sake of pretending to do some sort of work. I blame the moron Americans that hire these people even more. Yes, I have a real problem with it and they have been banned in many cities in the U.S. so I will assume that I am not the only one concerned.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 08-12-2010 at 03:11 PM..

Old 08-12-2010, 03:32 PM

207 posts, read 466,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Obviously you have not had the onsalught of leaf blowers in your neighborhood. They are disgusting and the people that work these unnecessary machines are infringing on the privacy and health of others all for the sake of pretending to do some sort of work. I blame the moron Americans that hire these people even more. Yes, I have a real problem with it and they have been banned in many cities in the U.S. so I will assume that I am not the only one concerned.
No... I have an onslaught of illegal aliens passing thru my neighborhood. Some of 'em carry automatic weapons. You don't know what real problems are.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:59 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,095,836 times
what a stupid thread!!!
the ASSumption is that bannign leafblowers will have an impact on illegal immigration.

so now apparently only illegals use leaf blowers? oh wait, so do "obese white guys".

this thread really diminishes the level of discourse here on the board.
too many generalizations and assumptions. im suprised at how many people agree with this idiotic thread.

first of all, just because someone has a leafblower does not mean they are illegal (exhibit A: ovcatto). besides, how can you tell by SIGHT if the person is illegal?
further, lets say that it is illegals being used as gardners/leaf blowers. if they went back to using rakes and brooms, wouldnt that potentially require more man power. wouldnt there be a need for more gardners (alleged illegals)?

wow. the sad thing is that you probably sat around thinking about this for a while. X's 1K

if you want to complain about the noise and air pollution about these machines, go to the garden forum. seriously.

not here.
Quote:
Seriously, kill two birds with one stone. Those obnoxious, noxious and unnecessary portable pollution backpacks are by far, the most stupid thing ever to hit the market. I have a neighbor that paved over her entire backyard and still uses a gardening service that shows up three times a week to blow dirt into the air. Are people this stupid all over the country? It's bad enough we are dealing with the onslaught of illegals, but having to deal with this insane polluting and horribly noisy machine attached their backs is way over the top. Is this the job niche that American workers will not fill? Some cities have had the sense to ban these things, sadly and pathetically, mine has not.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:46 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
I used to help out a landscaper buddy of mine. Leaf blowers are a time and labor saver.
Loud? Without a doubt.
What leaf blowers have to do with illegal immigration I honestly have no clue.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:56 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,994,016 times
Quote:
you are not alone. i've gotten after them for blowing their dust on my car that I just washed. Of course, those illegals don't understand a word of english, so I have to curse at them in spanish. Pretending is right. oftentimes, they are just blowing dust in the air.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:26 PM

10,404 posts, read 8,387,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Leaf blowers are indeed annoying. They are also highly effective. So much so that I often wonder why you need hire anyone to do it for you. What's next? Hiring people to turn the lights on and off?
Nope we've got "the clapper" for that.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:38 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,312,753 times
What's wrong with leaf blowers? Leaves have needs too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or