Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:20 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"You've got to have comprehensive reform that recognizes a need for strong border security, a need for strong interior enforcement, but also a means for families and workers to come here lawfully ... and an ability for people who've been here for a very long time to get right with the law by paying a fine and learning English and paying their taxes, and getting to the back of the line," Morton said.

http://azstarnet.com/news/state-and-regional/article_0a4c1377-a46d-5d79-bedf-2c953215f55b.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 10:49 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times
Well John Morton sure has had some time to
put together a nice little speech

"For those who doubt the federal government's resolve in the enforcement of immigration law, let me say this: We are committed to strong, effective immigration enforcement, and the facts speak for themselves," ICE Director John Morton said. AND He said his agency removed a record 380,000 illegal immigrants from the U.S. last fiscal year, and about a third of them were convicted criminals. So far this fiscal year, ICE removed 136,000 illegal immigrants who are convicted criminals, also a record

And with the most unsecured border on planet earth they
will most likely bust the same ones again very shortly

As part of his visit, Morton also announced the results of a three-day statewide operation he said was the largest of its kind in Arizona. The operation, which ended Wednesday evening, netted the arrests of 63 illegal immigrants who are convicted criminals and immigrants with outstanding orders of deportation who failed to leave the country.

Sheriff Joe & The MCSO arrest that many in a afternoon

This is nothing more then a dog and pony show (not to offend any dogs or ponies) to plant the idea that something might be getting done and slide that thing called
Amnesty in or as they refer to it as 'REFORM'

Last edited by Mouser; 08-12-2010 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: installed missing letter

Old 08-12-2010, 10:50 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,707 times
I see no reason to reward people just because they've managed to escape deportation 'for a very long time.'

Old 08-12-2010, 10:52 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Apparently the US government can put a price on citizenship. I hope it is enough to pay off our debt and not just for votes. Grrrrrrrr.

Regan was wrong with amnesty in the 80's and Obama's administration is wrong now. Doubley wrong.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:56 PM

2 posts, read 1,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

http://azstarnet.com/news/state-and-regional/article_0a4c1377-a46d-5d79-bedf-2c953215f55b.html (broken link)
I don't see a problem with this at all.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:39 AM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leni_D View Post
That's odd, I believe we already have a process for ANYONE that wants to come here. Now we have a 2 tiered process, one for Mexicans and Guatemalans and a much tougher one for the rest of the World.

Yep, sounds fair to me, slightly racist but fair right? I don't see why these poor Latinos shouldn't get a break over poor blacks from Africa right?

I mean, hey, they are right across our border and they can just walk in. Logistics man, logistics.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:06 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post

"For those who doubt the federal government's resolve in the enforcement of immigration law, let me say this: We are committed to strong, effective immigration enforcement, and the facts speak for themselves," ICE Director John Morton said. AND He said his agency removed a record 380,000 illegal immigrants from the U.S. last fiscal year, and about a third of them were convicted criminals. So far this fiscal year, ICE removed 136,000 illegal immigrants who are convicted criminals, also a record

As part of his visit, Morton also announced the results of a three-day statewide operation he said was the largest of its kind in Arizona. The operation, which ended Wednesday evening, netted the arrests of 63 illegal immigrants who are convicted criminals and immigrants with outstanding orders of deportation who failed to leave the country.

This is nothing more then a dog and pony show (not to offend any dogs or ponies) to plant the idea that something might be getting done and slide that thing called
For every thousand they remove every year at least twice that many enter so I am not impressed.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:04 AM

555 posts, read 877,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post

This scares the heck out of me. Coupled with the the $600 million just approved for increased border security, there is obviously some kind of immigration reform offensive going on. I would expect Obama to try and pass his amnesty/citizenship legislation in the lame duck session after the Dems suffer big losses in November, but before the lamos must leave Congress in January. This will be in the cold winter months around the holidays when it will be hard to get our people in the streets to protest.

We are going to need a backlash much bigger than that which stopped Kennedy-McCain several years ago, or that will be the end of America as we knew and loved her.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:35 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

About more Border Patrol being added, I just heard about that this morning on the radio , here in OK

Old 08-13-2010, 09:53 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leni_D View Post
I do. This is nothing but amnesty, and we already know amnesty DOES NOT WORK. Where is the punishment for violating our laws? Moreover, how can illegals be in the “back of the line” when the line is located outside the US on foreign soil?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration