Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 01:12 PM

452 posts, read 1,132,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON - The Senate drove a stake Thursday through President Bush's plan to legalize millions of unlawful immigrants, likely postponing major action on immigration until after the 2008 elections.

Responding to a stinging political setback, President Bush sounded resigned to defeat.

"Legal immigration is one of the top concerns of the American people, and Congress' failure to act on it is a disappointment," Bush said after an appearance in Newport, R.I. "The American people understand the status quo is unacceptable when it comes to our immigration laws. A lot of us worked hard to see if we couldn't find common ground. It didn't work."
Who is this man? I think he is lost.

"Legal immigration" is not one of the top concerns of the American People, ILLEGAL immigration is the top concern of the American People.

No, Mr. President Congress' failure to act on it is not a disappointment...YOU are the disappointment.

Mr. President your actions and the actions of your turn coat friends is what’s unacceptable, ENFORCE CURRENT laws and stop telling us we need NEW ones.

Your DAMN RIGHT it didn't work!!!

full story,
Immigration bill suffers major defeat - Politics - MSNBC.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 01:19 PM

52 posts, read 134,989 times
I do have to agree with Bush on one point.."the status quo is unacceptable"
He's right, we need to enforce the laws we already have!

Old 06-28-2007, 03:14 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,608 times
This president has an intensive training on how to manipulate the media, the world and how to cheat on Americans. I guess he has spent hours and hours inside the secret locations of the secret intelligence agencies.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:03 AM

1,903 posts, read 7,900,436 times
Translation: "I lost. However, don't expect me to change my mind. I'm going to take a walk with Barney and Cheney. I'll be back!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration