U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 03:17 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times

Advertisements

................................"Illegal immigrants flocking to 3 states to obtain identification"
Aug. 14, 2010 12:00 AM
Associated Press

BURIEN, Wash. - Carlos Hernandez packed up his family and left Arizona after the state passed its sweeping immigration crackdown. The illegal immigrant's new home outside Seattle offered something Arizona could not: a driver's license.

Three states - Washington, New Mexico and Utah - allow illegal immigrants to get licenses because their laws do not require proof of citizenship or legal residency. An Associated Press analysis found that those states have seen a surge in immigrants seeking IDs in recent months, a trend experts attribute to crackdowns on illegal immigration in Arizona and elsewhere.....

Read more: Illegal immigrants flocking to 3 states to obtain identification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 07:41 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
In which case they deserve the burden heading their way.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:44 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
then those will be the states whose social services are overrun.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:12 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
If it comes down to making sacrifices in order to gain our country back, I'm willing to give up a couple states, California being one of them.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:43 PM

4,896 posts, read 5,864,783 times
Does that mean they will stay in those states or can they then go to another state and apply for a new license since they had one from one of those states ?

Old 08-14-2010, 09:51 PM

17,022 posts, read 9,066,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
In which case they deserve the burden heading their way.

Amen!
You make the bed you lie in.

Expect Strange Bedfellows.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:07 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Does that mean they will stay in those states or can they then go to another state and apply for a new license since they had one from one of those states ?
They don't even have to be in those states in the first place. They can live illegally in some other state, and very easily obtain NM drivers licenses which they can then use as identification and proof of legal residence and drive on any road in any state. It's pretty much the next best thing to actual citizenship.

All that's needed is a matricula card which can be a total sham - it's very easy for anyone to buy one and a utility bill which just takes someone putting their electric bill or other in their name - or a someone with the same last name that's on the matricula card lending them a statement to use.

That's all it takes - no proof of actual identification needed at all. NM does not verify their identify - if the matricula card is a sham - the NM officials don't care one bit.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:55 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They don't even have to be in those states in the first place. They can live illegally in some other state, and very easily obtain NM drivers licenses which they can then use as identification and proof of legal residence and drive on any road in any state. It's pretty much the next best thing to actual citizenship.

All that's needed is a matricula card which can be a total sham - it's very easy for anyone to buy one and a utility bill which just takes someone putting their electric bill or other in their name - or a someone with the same last name that's on the matricula card lending them a statement to use.

That's all it takes - no proof of actual identification needed at all. NM does not verify their identify - if the matricula card is a sham - the NM officials don't care one bit.
Illegals know all of the tricks of the trade. Read the comments on the following links.

Surge in illegal immigrants seeking licenses in 3 states - DREAM Act Portal Forum

washington is no longer requiring proof of address for dl!! - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Old 08-15-2010, 12:21 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Most of them coming to Washington tend to stay over on the west side of the Cascades (Seattle is a sanctuary city after all) but they're starting to drift eastwards.

This really frosts my a$$ when I consider the hooplah and legal documents my daughter and I were required to show to get a valid WA DL, but then we're LEGAL immigrants. They've now brought in an "enhanced" DL you can ONLY get if you're a USC, so they're off limits for legal residents. I have to wonder how long before illegals start producing fake documents that entitle THEM to the "enhanced" licences.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:50 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Most of them coming to Washington tend to stay over on the west side of the Cascades (Seattle is a sanctuary city after all) but they're starting to drift eastwards.

This really frosts my a$$ when I consider the hooplah and legal documents my daughter and I were required to show to get a valid WA DL, but then we're LEGAL immigrants. They've now brought in an "enhanced" DL you can ONLY get if you're a USC, so they're off limits for legal residents. I have to wonder how long before illegals start producing fake documents that entitle THEM to the "enhanced" licences.
I know what you mean. My son was born in this country, and has a valid birth certificate and SSN. Yet, because he is now 18, he canít get a DL in Maryland unless he can present proof of residency. We were told he needs to produce a rent receipt or utility bill. Hellllooooo, he just graduated from high school. How the heck would he have either of those in his name? I told the lady he has hundreds of letters sent to our address from colleges, and she told me he must have mail from an official government agency. Then, she said we could use his high school transcript as ONE form of verification, but we still need another. Mind you, until last year, MD was issuing driverís licenses to illegals as though they were being paid on commission for each illegal alien DL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or