U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:43 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I thought that if I created a space for the few who seem to be so pro-illegal that they'd jump on the chance to. They seemed to be avoiding this open request for them to give us the reason for their stance. When someone can't openly debate, not where they stand, but why they take that stance then you can only assume their stance has no merit.

So let's turn this around. Have you been negatively affected by illegal aliens on a personal level? Please don't use the generalized reasons.

My story: I went bankrupt and lost my contracting business primarily because I couldn't compete. I was a c-15 flooring contractor here in Cali for nearly 30 years and I had been competing with illegals for most of those years. In the last 10 years it became impossible to be competitive. I couldn't hire competent labor making it impossible to do business. More than 40% of the flooring companies in the South Los Angeles area have gone under. It's out of control and impossible to do business if you are a licensed contractor who is trying to run your business lawfully.

Wages for flooring have stayed the same for 15 years yet supplies have more than doubled in the same span of time. When I started in this buisness a good week for a crew was about $1000 (1980 dollars), now a good week is 1500.00(2006 Dollars). Most guys are choosing to fold up like I did after years of struggle.
How sad. This is happening nationwide, but the bleeding hearts only bleed for illegals. They have absolutely no compassion for citizens who are suffering due to illegal immigration. We had a regular member who also lost everything because he could not compete against unethical contractors. Hopefully, rabid pro-illegals wonít launch vicious attacks against you as they did with him. He was taunted so unmercifully, until he lost it, and was banned.

Donít hold your breath waiting for pro-illegals to defend their position. They canít.

Thanks for sharing your story. Hang in there.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Yes. I've been negatively impacted by an illegal.

This was before I lost my eyesight completely. I was at work in a women's retail clothing store. An illegal alien with a gun came into the store and robbed the store at gunpoint, and raped me. I ended up pregnant with his baby. I'm Mormon and don't believe in killing babies. I was forced to make a choice of having this spawn or aborting it. I chose to abort which is against my faith. As a result, I was excommunicated from the only church I have ever loved.

An illegal alien cost me dearly.

They arrested and charged him, and then deported him. He never spent one day in our prisons for his crimes.
I am at a loss for words. As a woman, I canít even fathom experiencing something so incredibly horrific. Know that you may have been excommunicated from your church, but they canít nullify your relationship with God, and thatís all that matters.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:58 AM

894 posts, read 949,782 times
Thanks, Benicar. I have never let it stand in my way of my relationship with God. There isn't anything in Heaven, Hell, or Earth, that could do that.

I get very emotionally upset when I read stories about these illegals that come here and rape and kill and everyone seems to think that being here illegally is a victimless crime. Well, it isn't.

It takes a long time to get over being raped.

I was lucky though. The same illegal had robbed another store in the same complex just a few days prior to my store, and not only did he rape that girl too, but he shot her 3 times. She died in the ambulance on her way to the hospital. She was just 19 yrs old.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Benicar. I have never let it stand in my way of my relationship with God. There isn't anything in Heaven, Hell, or Earth, that could do that.

I get very emotionally upset when I read stories about these illegals that come here and rape and kill and everyone seems to think that being here illegally is a victimless crime. Well, it isn't.

It takes a long time to get over being raped.

I was lucky though. The same illegal had robbed another store in the same complex just a few days prior to my store, and not only did he rape that girl too, but he shot her 3 times. She died in the ambulance on her way to the hospital. She was just 19 yrs old.
I have no doubt, it has been your faith and trust in God that has given you the strength to overcome such a tragic event in your life. Youíre right. Illegal immigration is not a victimless crime, as evidenced by their countless victims.

It has been estimated that illegal aliens have committed 1 million sex offenses. Yet, we are racists and xenophobes for opposing this scum. And yes, anyone who rapes is lower than the lowest pond scum.

May God continue to bless and strengthen you.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:53 AM

894 posts, read 949,782 times
There's a lot of really good information about illegal immigration and what it actually costs us, here:
The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration.

On this page in the site, the bit toward the bottom (with links) about the illegal alien that raped two nuns and then strangled one of them with her own Rosary Beads, is particularly disgusting.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:07 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,248,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It has been estimated that illegal aliens have committed 1 million sex offenses.
The US would be so much safer without them. Geez I hate the arrogance some of them show. Acting like they deserve to be here and we owe them something.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:09 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Quote:
Yes. I've been negatively impacted by an illegal.

This was before I lost my eyesight completely. I was at work in a women's retail clothing store. An illegal alien with a gun came into the store and robbed the store at gunpoint, and raped me. I ended up pregnant with his baby. I'm Mormon and don't believe in killing babies. I was forced to make a choice of having this spawn or aborting it. I chose to abort which is against my faith. As a result, I was excommunicated from the only church I have ever loved.

An illegal alien cost me dearly.

They arrested and charged him, and then deported him. He never spent one day in our prisons for his crimes.
Geek, I'm so sorry you had to go through this - once from an illegal then again from your church. Cases like yours are one of the reasons I am no longer a LDS.

The sad thing is if we put this scum on death row where they truly belong we'd then have the Mexican govt trying to intercede on behalf of THEIR citizens and trying to say the US had no right to put them to death (funny how they only belong to them when it suits them).

Old 08-15-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
There's a lot of really good information about illegal immigration and what it actually costs us, here:
The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration.

On this page in the site, the bit toward the bottom (with links) about the illegal alien that raped two nuns and then strangled one of them with her own Rosary Beads, is particularly disgusting.
Hereís another report on those ďseeking a better life.Ē I heard about the nun, and it is appalling. They have also wreaked havoc in the DC area. They killed a promising teenager who was simply riding the bus home from school (gang initiation), as well as senior citizens in their homes. The rapes are too plentiful to even list, including infants and toddlers. Itís frightening that these violent criminals will be eligible for amnesty if they have managed to avoid being convicted of their crimes.

Quote:
FAIRMONT CITY -- All seven people charged in connection with a bloody melee on Sunday at a Mexican restaurant and bar are illegal immigrants, and they may be deported, according to detectives.
7 charged in Mexican restaurant melee are illegal immigrants, may be deported - From the online desk - bnd.com (http://www.bnd.com/2010/08/14/1363922/7-charged-in-melee-are-illegal.html?storylink=addthis - broken link)

Old 08-15-2010, 12:16 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,248,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
The sad thing is if we put this scum on death row where they truly belong we'd then have the Mexican govt trying to interceded on behalf of THEIR citizens (funny how they only belong to them when it suits them)
weird that you mentioned that. there is a mexican national set to be executed on tuesday. He came here illegally as a kid and raped and killed two 14 year olds. His lawyers had the nerve to argue that because he is illegal then he should be represented by mexican counsel and that his conviction should be overturned because he wasn't and further that he should be governed by mexican law so the death penalty would not apply to him

Old 08-15-2010, 12:20 PM

736 posts, read 409,834 times
My only good experience is when they are leaving this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or