U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 01:16 PM

894 posts, read 949,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
One positive thing I can think is that they keep the American dream alive. Our country is made up of immigrants. They, like every other nationality, have brought many aspects of their culture that have affected our country in a positive way.
You're only half right.

No, they don't keep the "American dream" alive. AMERICANS do that!!!

There are LEGAL immigrants in this country. Yes, they have brought a good deal to this country that is positive.

There are ILLEGAL immigrants in this country. No, they have not brought anything positive to this country.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:16 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
One positive thing I can think is that they keep the American dream alive. Our country is made up of immigrants. They, like every other nationality, have brought many aspects of their culture that have affected our country in a positive way.
Can you be more specific? How have they kept the American Dream alive; and how have their cultures enhanced our country? Immigrants generally do benefit this country, but we arenít discussing immigrants. Weíre discussing illegal aliens.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Exactly. So which is it? They can't have it both ways. That's why I support sending them ALL home if they are in this country illegally.

I get tired of hearing people say things like "I know it's against the law for anyone to enter the US illegally. I'm all for securing our borders to prevent further illegal entry, but what should we do with the illegal aliens that are already here?"

I have a solution. REPATRIATE THEM WITH THEIR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN!

That's like saying: "I know home invasion is against the law. I'm all for putting better locks on my doors but what do I do with the home invaders that are already in my house?"
You reward them by giving them a set of keys to the house, along with free room and board. Of course, you will also be obligated to pay for any children they may have, and their K-12 education. Anything less would be mean-spirited and racist.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
The main problem is OUR government - duly elected by USC to protect THEIR country are allowing illegals and their supporters to "have it both ways". Until they grow some balls and pony up to their responsibilities it won't be changing.
I agree with you 100%!

That's why more people need to do the research as to whether or not their candidates have voted for or against bills that benefit illegals. Folks need to make their votes count and get rid of any politician that supports illegal immigration or bills that benefit illegals and/or anchor babies.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:22 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,273,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
You're only half right.

No, they don't keep the "American dream" alive. AMERICANS do that!!!

There are LEGAL immigrants in this country. Yes, they have brought a good deal to this country that is positive.

There are ILLEGAL immigrants in this country. No, they have not brought anything positive to this country.
In your opinion. You asked a question, I gave you an answer. What's the point of this thread?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Can you be more specific? How have they kept the American Dream alive; and how have their cultures enhanced our country? Immigrants generally do benefit this country, but we arenít discussing immigrants. Weíre discussing illegal aliens.
They are immigrants regardless. You can separate them from a legal standpoint, but this does not take away from the fact that legal or not, they bring the positive attributes of their culture with them.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:25 PM

Oh yeah, rape, murder, kidnapping, stealing, drug smuggling ... wonderful, positive things ALL. sheesh. what a load of BS.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
They are immigrants regardless. You can separate them from a legal standpoint, but this does not take away from the fact that legal or not, they bring the positive attributes of their culture with them.
In other words, a shoplifter is the same as a shopper. I donít think so. In any case, you still havenít listed anything specific. Exactly how do they benefit us?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In other words, a shoplifter is the same as a shopper. I donít think so. In any case, you still havenít listed anything specific. Exactly how do they benefit us?
They bring their cultures and tradition to our country. They increase church attendance. This helps many denominations. They contribute to these churches through tithing.

When they mix into the greater community, people experience different cultures. Their children are more tolerant than their parents/grandparents of previous generations as a result.

They do almost all the farm work. Americans don't like to pick the fields. This has been proven for generations.

They have children. Many of these children join in the military and help fight our wars.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:42 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,248,904 times
Quote:
They bring their cultures and tradition to our country. They increase church attendance. This helps many denominations. They contribute to these churches through tithing.

When they mix into the greater community, people experience different cultures. Their children are more tolerant than their parents/grandparents of previous generations as a result.

They do almost all the farm work. Americans don't like to pick the fields. This has been proven for generations.

They have children. Many of these children join in the military and help fight our wars.
The catholic church is running bankrupt now for two reasons,dirty priests and catering to illegals who put in less into the collections.

legal immigrants contribute to the american dream. illegals take away from it.

They send most of their money back home anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or