U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2010, 05:39 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.P View Post
I don't agree with it but my dad says we need a mix of ilegal aliens b/c he said 80% of them are hardworking people we need the other 20% he said are here just to mooch of benifits.
We don't have enough hardworking people of our own? Where did your dad come up with the 80% figure anyway? We never need illegal aliens. It is against the law. How about we import legal ones instead that is if we truly need them. Or aren't the legal ones hardworking enough?

 
Old 08-15-2010, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Missouri
736 posts, read 411,284 times
Reputation: 1040
DUH I totally agree with you. Its my dad NOT ME who said we need them. I for one think were better off without them the illegal ones that is
 
Old 08-15-2010, 06:42 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.P View Post
DUH I totally agree with you. Its my dad NOT ME who said we need them. I for one think were better off without them the illegal ones that is
I realize that, sorry if I wasn't clear on that.
 
Old 08-15-2010, 09:20 PM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,319,941 times
Reputation: 6261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The OP relates to “benefits” of illegal immigration. We can’t think of any. You are the one claiming they benefit this country, but you have offered nothing to substantiate your claim.
I offered plenty. You refuse to acknowledge them as worthy. That's your choice, not mine.
 
Old 08-15-2010, 09:36 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I offered plenty. You refuse to acknowledge them as worthy. That's your choice, not mine.
There are no positives with the word "illegal" connected to it.
 
Old 08-15-2010, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,949,288 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There are no positives with the word "illegal" connected to it.
You make a valid point.
Shop lifters are good because uhmmm Some of them serve our country?
Drunk drivers are good because some of them go to church?
Car thieves are good because some of them have day jobs?
Just about as valid as the pro illegal posts.
 
Old 08-15-2010, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,249,569 times
Reputation: 4611
It's just about as positive as a negative.
 
Old 08-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Yac
 
5,881 posts, read 6,313,625 times
Since everyone jumped in to vent their frustration and repeat what's been said numerous times, instead of actually following the topic and/or giving the "pro illegals" a chance to speak out, I'm closing the thread.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top