Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 03:33 PM

308 posts, read 446,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
My neighbor is a retired cop, and a VET and he's sick to death of all of this mexican flag waiving crap and the disrespect they're showing our flag. So, he bought a huge mexican flag off ebay and plans to set it on fire in his front yard on July 4th.

It cracked me up when he told me what he was going to do.
Be sure to do it on May 5th as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 05:31 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromNY View Post
Be sure to do it on May 5th as well!
Best to do it on September 16th!

Old 08-19-2010, 06:45 PM

894 posts, read 1,127,257 times
Why? What's Sept. 16th?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:30 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Mexican Independence Day

Old 08-19-2010, 07:35 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Why? What's Sept. 16th?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Mexican Independence Day
Thanks Opyelie, I should have said so in my post.
{geek} Sept 16th is coming up first and fast.
Get pictures!

Old 08-19-2010, 09:04 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I was being sarcastic.
Oh, okay. It's hard to tell sometimes in this place!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:04 AM

894 posts, read 1,127,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Thanks Opyelie, I should have said so in my post.
{geek} Sept 16th is coming up first and fast.
Get pictures!
Sorry ... {geek} is blind. There won't be any photos.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:19 AM

5 posts, read 9,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
What sickens me about this video is they're going to American schools, most likely getting their school meals, books, clothing, immunizations and tuition for free, and they hate America? "Viva La Mexico" I heard them shouting as the crowd walked away. Why are these ungrateful illegals living here?

I'm sorry I just had to reply to this. Yes, let's assume these students are illegal just for the simple fact that they are of Mexican descent. While your at it, lets also assume that every single person in the USA of south American descent or anyone who doesn't look white is also illegal. How do you know for sure these students are illegal? Have you seen their birth certificates - no you haven't. So you are only judging their American citizenship based on their ethnicity.

Quote:
My neighbor is a retired cop, and a VET and he's sick to death of all of this mexican flag waiving crap and the disrespect they're showing our flag. So, he bought a huge mexican flag off ebay and plans to set it on fire in his front yard on July 4th.

It cracked me up when he told me what he was going to do.
So you think hate crimes are funny?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:54 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Charms View Post
I'm sorry I just had to reply to this. Yes, let's assume these students are illegal just for the simple fact that they are of Mexican descent. While your at it, lets also assume that every single person in the USA of south American descent or anyone who doesn't look white is also illegal. How do you know for sure these students are illegal? Have you seen their birth certificates - no you haven't. So you are only judging their American citizenship based on their ethnicity.

Agreed, we don't know the legal status of those students, however if these students are American citizens I find their behavior even more despicable. I don't think burning a foreign flag would be considered a hate crime.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:15 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Perhaps you haven’t heard of the nationwide campaign launched by illegal alien students (DREAMies). They flaunt their illegal status, while they DEMAND legalization.

Nearly two dozen DREAM Act students arrested today (VIDEO) - Desert, Science and Hot Dogs: The Three Sonorans (http://tucsoncitizen.com/three-sonorans/2010/07/20/nearly-two-dozen-dream-act-students-arrested-today-video/ - broken link)

YouTube - DREAM Act Protest Shuts down Wilshire Blvd. in L.A., 9 Arrested

Quote:
Then, THIS should be considered a hate crime also. Should it not?

Warning! The following video contains profanity.

YouTube - Hate Mongering Illegal Alien Radicals Desecrate American Flag and Spew Racism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration