U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 08:26 AM

307 posts, read 326,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Then, THIS should be considered a hate crime also. Should it not?
In this PC world it is only a hate crime when an American does it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 10:06 AM

660 posts, read 1,189,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Agreed, we don't know the legal status of those students, however if these students are American citizens I find their behavior even more despicable. I don't think burning a foreign flag would be considered a hate crime.
That's a great reply and I agree that their behavior would be considered worse if they are supposedly "American Citizens".

And I have met people in School who came to the USA to become American Citizens along with their families and were very grateful and respectful of it. They wouldn't even think of acting like those idiots in that video.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:14 AM

894 posts, read 950,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Charms View Post
So you think hate crimes are funny?
Where on Earth did I say I thought hate crimes were funny? I may be 100% blind but that doesn't mean I'm stupid and am unaware of what I've written.

Perhaps you should read back through what I have said in this thread, since you seem to have a problem understanding what was actually written. Mind you, it also isn't polite to put words in someone else's mouth.

The only thing I said was I found my neighbor's comments funny. There are NO laws in THIS country against burning a mexican flag. You want to scream "hate crime" then go to mexico and light their flag on fire because that's the ONLY place burning the mexican flag is illegal.

In case you didn't happen to notice, this is the USA and our Flag is the American Flag -- NOT the mexican flag!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:21 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
That's a great reply and I agree that their behavior would be considered worse if they are supposedly "American Citizens".

Quote:
And I have met people in School who came to the USA to become American Citizens
along with their families and were very grateful and respectful of it. They wouldn't even think of acting like those idiots in that video.
"Un"American Citizens as far as I'm concerned

Old 08-20-2010, 11:43 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,950,538 times
Quote:

So you think hate crimes are funny?
So it's only a "hate crime" if it's a Mexican flag that's destroyed but it was okay for Mexicans to trample an American flag? Strange logic there.......

Old 08-20-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
"Un"American Citizens as far as I'm concerned
Well the difference between my classmates families and those who seem to hate the USA but still decide to reside here and take advantage of our free and subsidized programs is they came here legally. The family applied for Visas, citizenship and did everything the legal way. They didn't just cross a border like some folks and then become a burden to our local and federal government as well as the hospitals and anywhere/anything else they can manage to get for free.

Maybe when people have to work hard to become an American citizen they will realize what it means and appreciate it more. When Amnesty is just handed to someone because the government has no clue what else to do it seems to go unappreciated.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry I just had to reply to this. Yes, let's assume these students are illegal just for the simple fact that they are of Mexican descent. While your at it, lets also assume that every single person in the USA of south American descent or anyone who doesn't look white is also illegal. How do you know for sure these students are illegal? Have you seen their birth certificates - no you haven't. So you are only judging their American citizenship based on their ethnicity.
No one has said that everyone that is here that isn't white is illegal. Exaggerating to make a point loses any respect from me.

And how come it doesn't seem to bother you that "they" just walked up and yanked that guy's American Flag out of his hand and throw it to the ground? And why are you not concerned with the shouting of fight bating slogans that are obviously Anti-American after the flag was ripped out of that guy's hands?

Instead you choose to concentrate of the use of the word "Illegal". Pitiful.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Good post "inthemiddletoo" thanks for posting it.

Quote:
Mario Obledo Calls for Burning of Anti-Immigrant Sign
Mr. Obledo was once the California of Secretary Health, Education and Welfare under Gov. Jerry Brown, so one might expect that he would have learned a little more American respect for free speech, but evidently not. “I'm going to deface the billboard or burn it,” stated Mr. Obledo.
Quote:
(The billboard in question read, “Welcome to California, the Illegal Immigration State. Don't let this happen to your state.”)

Old 08-20-2010, 10:20 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,036,047 times
We need to clean up America and get rid of the trash.

Time to track down and deport every single illegal who is here before it goes any further.

Along with all those anti American Mexicans who do not want to be American, respect our culture and our laws.

People need to demand this administration to protect our country and our culture.

CLOSE THE MEXICAN BORDER NOW, completely. No one in and no one out until we can get control of our country.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:57 AM

216 posts, read 198,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Good post "inthemiddletoo" thanks for posting it.
Thanks Mkfarnam...
you are lucky you got out of here. the disparity is mind boggling. one day I will leave here for good too. To be sure it will be a state that respects Americans and our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration