U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 05:08 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
This brought tears to my eyes....so disturbing. If the guys in the truck demonstrate what America is then I wouldn't want to be American--They were instigating and exchanging demeaning and explicit remarks to those young kids. Whatever the man in the jeep stated it was so powerfully negative that it drove the young Mexican student to knock down the American flag. He is human and was responding out of anger to the insult. Just as the guys in the truck are human and responded to the insult of the mexican knocking down the flag....Violence is surely not the answer. Never will get anyone anywhere.

It seems like Mexicans are the new Blacks....This country was built by immigrants and it has always had an open door policy for ignorance, er immigrants.

I believe in Immigration reform and allowing the Mexicans to become citizens if they have no priors against them.

But those young men in the truck also have roots that don't derive here as well, So all of us reading these threads can say that America is our home now but if you look at your history it wasn't at one time or another.
Mexicans are the new blacks? Oh, please! We haven't had an open door policy on immigration since the 1920's nor should we. We certainly have never welcomed illegal aliens nor should we.

I disagree with your proposal to give these "illegal" alien Mexicans our citizenship nor any other illegals who didn't do it the legal way. You think that most of them just jumped our border and layed low and did nothing other than that? How about stealing I.D's and SS numbers? How about stealing our jobs and benefits? Our own citizens wouldn't get rewarded for stealing or using fake documents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 05:17 PM

2,106 posts, read 2,626,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Mexicans are the new blacks? Oh, please! We haven't had an open door policy on immigration since the 1920's nor should we. We certainly have never welcomed illegal aliens nor should we.

I disagree with your proposal to give these "illegal" alien Mexicans our citizenship nor any other illegals who didn't do it the legal way. You think that most of them just jumped our border and layed low and did nothing other than that? How about stealing I.D's and SS numbers? How about stealing our jobs and benefits? Our own citizens wouldn't get rewarded for stealing or using fake documents.
That's what's wrong with America today...Assumptions, deflection, Assumptions--Just because you see a Mexican You automatically assume they are Illegal???? Do you do backround checks on all Mexicans you meet before labeling them "illegals"??? Just like the term racist is too commonly used so is the term illegal.

There are a percentage that may have stolen ID's and SS numbers...Hell White Americans and Black Americans do that every day--Hence Idenity Theft...Geez.. Take all your problems out on the Mexican--did it make a difference??? Did that promote your cause, blaming the Mexican did it get you those benefits and jobs you wanted?? Probably not......

Most of the jobs the Mexicans have are labor work and are not commonly envied, but in these economic times they may be. We welcome illegals every day...Come to South Florida....Then we can talk...Until then tootles.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:09 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times
Quote:
That's what's wrong with America today...Assumptions, deflection, Assumptions--Just because you see a Mexican You automatically assume they are Illegal???? Do you do backround checks on all Mexicans you meet before labeling them "illegals"??? Just like the term racist is too commonly used so is the term illegal.

There are a percentage that may have stolen ID's and SS numbers...Hell White Americans and Black Americans do that every day--Hence Idenity Theft...Geez.. Take all your problems out on the Mexican--did it make a difference??? Did that promote your cause, blaming the Mexican did it get you those benefits and jobs you wanted?? Probably not......

Most of the jobs the Mexicans have are labor work and are not commonly envied, but in these economic times they may be. We welcome illegals every day...Come to South Florida....Then we can talk...Until then tootles.
Well you certainly made some assumptions regarding what was said by the guys in the truck, and you seem to be assuming the mexican marchers were legals - so if it's good for you, it's good for others, no?

Old 08-31-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:

Don't put words in my mouth or others. I have never stated nor implied that when I see someone who could be of Mexican ancestry that I immediately think they are here illegally. In fact I have stated that over and over in here. I use the term illegal only when I know for a fact that someone is. It isn't inaccurate to state that we have at least 12 million illegals here and most of them are from Mexico though. Of course illegal Mexicans and other illegal aliens are stealing our jobs. I am retired so no one is stealing a job from me but I know many Americans who have had their jobs stolen by illegal aliens and I care about my fellow Americans.

The only jobs that adult Americans might not do for a living is picking crops and for that the farmers have access to unlimited visas for LEGAL immigrant workers. All other jobs Americans have always done whether they be an adult or our youth that is until the illegals and the greedy employers undercut them for those jobs. We have always had a large blue collar workforce in our country. Who is welcoming these illegals? Certainly not your everyday hard working American. Why would they welcome them to steal their own jobs from them?

Yes, there are Americans who steal identities also and I expect them to suffer the full brunt of the law when they are caught. We don't need to import illegal foreigners doing the same thing when they shouldn't even be here in the first place. Take my problems out on Mexicans? Where did I say I even have any problems personally other than the same problems that all Americans have in general which is trying to keep our politicians and government honest and to put Americans first.

Come to south Florida for what? Illegals are all over our country now.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Well you certainly made some assumptions regarding what was said by the guys in the truck, and you seem to be assuming the mexican marchers were legals - so if it's good for you, it's good for others, no?
No its not. Your point is futile. Whether they are legal or not is that relevant to you?? Are you being efffected by that in Australia??? Has the immigration problem with Mexicans affected your country??? I guess you are very naive to think the men in the truck invited the Mexicans for tea and crumpets. Pathetic...

Old 08-31-2010, 08:26 PM

[quote=chicagonut;15707127]Don't put words in my mouth or others. I have never stated nor implied that when I see someone who could be of Mexican ancestry that I immediately think they are here illegally. In fact I have stated that over and over in here. I use the term illegal only when I know for a fact that someone is. It isn't inaccurate to state that we have at least 12 million illegals here and most of them are from Mexico though. Of course illegal Mexicans and other illegal aliens are stealing our jobs. I am retired so no one is stealing a job from me but I know many Americans who have had their jobs stolen by illegal aliens and I care about my fellow Americans.

The only jobs that adult Americans might not do for a living is picking crops and for that the farmers have access to unlimited visas for LEGAL immigrant workers. All other jobs Americans have always done whether they be an adult or our youth that is until the illegals and the greedy employers undercut them for those jobs. We have always had a large blue collar workforce in our country. Who is welcoming these illegals? Certainly not your everyday hard working American. Why would they welcome them to steal their own jobs from them?

Yes, there are Americans who steal identities also and I expect them to suffer the full brunt of the law when they are caught. We don't need to import illegal foreigners doing the same thing when they shouldn't even be here in the first place. Take my problems out on Mexicans? Where did I say I even have any problems personally other than the same problems that all Americans have in general which is trying to keep our politicians and government honest and to put Americans first.

Come to south Florida for what? Illegals are all over our country now.[/quote]

Words in your mouth..okay I can only go on based on what you and others reveal on these forums. The thread above mine from our friend across the pond appears to be adamant that the young men in the videos are illegal. So your intro to my response is moot

Keep politicians and government honest and put American first--that is such an outlandish thought as if that has ever happened or ever will happen. I guess our debate on illegal immigration will help promote that ideology??? That would be nice, but you know better.

You are retired, You have been around a while and know that politics/government remains dishonest. I guess you are the new embodiement of the Tea Party movement and the voice for this thread....So sad.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:28 PM

894 posts, read 949,993 times
Quote:
No its not. Your point is futile. Whether they are legal or not is that relevant to you?? Are you being efffected by that in Australia??? Has the immigration problem with Mexicans affected your country??? I guess you are very naive to think the men in the truck invited the Mexicans for tea and crumpets. Pathetic...
Take a good look at his Location and note it says:
Spokane via Sydney, Australia

Translation: He's originally FROM Sydney, and NOW LIVES in Spokane (which is indeed located in the United States within the state of Washington).

Old 08-31-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Take a good look at his Location and note it says:
Spokane via Sydney, Australia

Translation: He's originally FROM Sydney, and NOW LIVES in Spokane (which is indeed located in the United States within the state of Washington).
I am completely aware of where Spokane is....I stand corrected.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:50 PM

[quote=chica_bella813;15708888]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Don't put words in my mouth or others. I have never stated nor implied that when I see someone who could be of Mexican ancestry that I immediately think they are here illegally. In fact I have stated that over and over in here. I use the term illegal only when I know for a fact that someone is. It isn't inaccurate to state that we have at least 12 million illegals here and most of them are from Mexico though. Of course illegal Mexicans and other illegal aliens are stealing our jobs. I am retired so no one is stealing a job from me but I know many Americans who have had their jobs stolen by illegal aliens and I care about my fellow Americans.

Come to south Florida for what? Illegals are all over our country now.[/quote]

Words in your mouth..okay I can only go on based on what you and others reveal on these forums. The thread above mine from our friend across the pond appears to be adamant that the young men in the videos are illegal. So your intro to my response is moot

Keep politicians and government honest and put American first--that is such an outlandish thought as if that has ever happened or ever will happen. I guess our debate on illegal immigration will help promote that ideology??? That would be nice, but you know better.

You are retired, You have been around a while and know that politics/government remains dishonest. I guess you are the new embodiement of the Tea Party movement and the voice for this thread....So sad.
As I said, don't put words in MY mouth and most of us in here have not revealed as you call it that we think everyone here from Mexican ancestry is an illegal.

So it is outlandish to try and keep our politicians honest? It is a tough nut to crack for sure but when they start losing votes and their cushy seats in congress they will think twice about betraying us. It is our phone calls, faxes and voting them out of office that will promote this idealogy with them over illegal immigration, not you and I debating illegal immigration.

What is sad is you making fun of the Tea Party movement and making assumptions about me.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:02 PM

[quote=chicagonut;15709226]
Quote:

As I said, don't put words in MY mouth and most of us in here have not revealed as you call it that we think everyone here from Mexican ancestry is an illegal.

So it is outlandish to try and keep our politicians honest? It is a tough nut to crack for sure but when they start losing votes and their cushy seats in congress they will think twice about betraying us. It is our phone calls, faxes and voting them out of office that will promote this idealogy with them over illegal immigration, not you and I debating illegal immigration.

What is sad is you making fun of the Tea Party movement and making assumptions about me.
Even when votes are lost and there constituents lose faith in them, someone else may fill there shoes but the same rhetoric will in fact continue and remain the same, just a different suit and a different party. Words in your mouth....Why would I do that??? Your opinion wasn't that important to me. I may quote you but my references are certainly not regarding your point of view only. You are not the only one on this thread that has made ascinine remarks regarding this issue. Look, this is a losing battle. A sad one nonetheless, but a losing one. It would be nice if we could keep America safe and make sure everyone is naturalized that came from another country. As much protesting or debating or even seats lost, which will definitely take place in November it is an uphill battle this reform for illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration