U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 10:07 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times

Advertisements

If you haven't noticed, this thread is being Hi-Jacked.
These pro-illegals aren't even worth responding to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 12:44 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
I guess i do not understand this at all. I do have many hispanic friends, the odd thing is that in front of their homes, they proudly fly the American Flag, and i am not kidding. Now that Obama says he is going to do something about this failing economy, i wish so badly, he will start to do something about our illegal problem, THAT WOULD BE A NICE CHANGE!

Old 09-01-2010, 07:55 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
[quote=chica_bella813;15709346]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Even when votes are lost and there constituents lose faith in them, someone else may fill there shoes but the same rhetoric will in fact continue and remain the same, just a different suit and a different party. Words in your mouth....Why would I do that??? Your opinion wasn't that important to me. I may quote you but my references are certainly not regarding your point of view only. You are not the only one on this thread that has made ascinine remarks regarding this issue. Look, this is a losing battle. A sad one nonetheless, but a losing one. It would be nice if we could keep America safe and make sure everyone is naturalized that came from another country. As much protesting or debating or even seats lost, which will definitely take place in November it is an uphill battle this reform for illegal immigration.
You would be wrong that this travesty would continue towards the American people endlessly by us voting them and their replacements out of congress. Even a kid when punished often enough for their wrongdoings eventually gets the word and stops their negative behavior. The last time amnesty was proposed the phones to our politician's offices rang off the hook and their fax machines were bombarded with opposition. Well guess what? It worked....no amnesty!

As for the asinine comments in here that is merely your opinion. You obviously have an agenda so anything that would oppose your viewpoint would be considered asinine to you.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 AM

2,106 posts, read 2,626,646 times
[quote=chicagonut;15712968]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post

You would be wrong that this travesty would continue towards the American people endlessly by us voting them and their replacements out of congress. Even a kid when punished often enough for their wrongdoings eventually gets the word and stops their negative behavior. The last time amnesty was proposed the phones to our politician's offices rang off the hook and their fax machines were bombarded with opposition. Well guess what? It worked....no amnesty!

As for the asinine comments in here that is merely your opinion. You obviously have an agenda so anything that would oppose your viewpoint would be considered asinine to you.
I have NO agenda--None whatsoever. Just engaging in this thread. That's all. I don't think this Administration is doing enough on many fronts. Really truly I don't.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:48 PM

18,095 posts, read 16,629,431 times
Would anyone's opinion change if it turned out that these guys in the truck were skin heads or KKK members and shouted racial names at the marchers?

Point is, we don't know what was said before the guy, illegal or not, grabbed the flag out of the guys hand. So don't make assumptions until you know all the facts.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:37 AM

244 posts, read 174,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
Notice the mainstream media never refers to Mexican Nationalists as racists, racial supremacists, xenophobes, and so forth. Why is that?
Because political correctness demands that if someone is not caucasian then they are a member of a minority. Being granted minority status also allows a person to say anything they want without reprocussion. One could say all white people will burn in hell and it's fine because they have freedom of speech. But, to be white and say something like that???? I kinda wish I was a minority so I could say whatever I like and not be accountable for it.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
OK. I just watched the video. A few observations...1) Using shocking as the the description of the video footage is typical news hype. It was hardly that. 2) Was the guy waving the American flag crashing the apparent Mexican cause march? If so, though his right, it's kind of stupid. Like wearing a Chargers jersey and sitting in the Raider Nation section in Oakland. Just a bad idea. 3) If someone was burning the American flag, would you stop them? If they resisted, would you use force?

We have the freedom of expression here within certain restrictions. We can peacefully gather. We can express our opinions without fear of government reprisal. But there are right ways and a wrong ways of trying to get points across. With this freedom comes great responsibility and the need to act in as responsible a fashion as possible. Getting in someone's face or trying to "shove an idea down someone's throat" are rarely effective means of communication.
Very well spoken

Old 09-06-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Actually it's worst for Black Americans, and not just at the border. In New Jersey 3 Black honor students were victims of ethnic cleansing by an illegal Latino immigrant from Peru. When questioned by police the killer said he had never met them but killed them because he hated Blacks. The same illegal also pleaded guilty to raping a 5 year old Black girl.

The Newark Murders: More Black Blood on White Liberals Hands Red Alerts: The American Survival Blog
While it may not be a pleasant idea, I genuinely believe that in some cases the death penalty should be expedited and without remorse. Regardless of ethnicity.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantman61 View Post
You are absolutely correct. I also noticed the police on site did nothing until the Americans went to retirieve our flag. As a disabled veteran this makes my blood boil. Too many of my good friends are no longer with us because they gave all to protect that flag.
Thank you for your service to our country. I appreciate it.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
My neighbor is a retired cop, and a VET and he's sick to death of all of this mexican flag waiving crap and the disrespect they're showing our flag. So, he bought a huge mexican flag off ebay and plans to set it on fire in his front yard on July 4th.

It cracked me up when he told me what he was going to do.
WAIT WAIT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL HIM NOT TO!!!! If he does that it means he's being culturally insensitive and racist! Make sure he understands that if he shows ANY amount of patriotism that he is discriminating against the greatest gift from the Almighty that Man has ever received.....Mexico, in all its greatness and splendor. Instead he might consider coughing up more of his retirement to feed and clothe illegals who care nothing for this country.

(If people couldn't catch the sarcasm then we have a problem)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration