U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:39 AM

244 posts, read 174,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
My neighbor is a retired cop, and a VET and he's sick to death of all of this mexican flag waiving crap and the disrespect they're showing our flag. So, he bought a huge mexican flag off ebay and plans to set it on fire in his front yard on July 4th.

It cracked me up when he told me what he was going to do.
If you could tape that I think it'd be a hoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 11:04 AM

244 posts, read 174,362 times
[quote=chica_bella813;15709346]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Even when votes are lost and there constituents lose faith in them, someone else may fill there shoes but the same rhetoric will in fact continue and remain the same, just a different suit and a different party. Words in your mouth....Why would I do that??? Your opinion wasn't that important to me. I may quote you but my references are certainly not regarding your point of view only. You are not the only one on this thread that has made ascinine remarks regarding this issue. Look, this is a losing battle. A sad one nonetheless, but a losing one. It would be nice if we could keep America safe and make sure everyone is naturalized that came from another country. As much protesting or debating or even seats lost, which will definitely take place in November it is an uphill battle this reform for illegal immigration.
If it's a losing battle, then perhaps we should militarize the border, using indiscriminate lethal force if someone tries to violate our border? Would it still be a losing battle then?

Old 09-06-2010, 12:26 PM

894 posts, read 949,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
WAIT WAIT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL HIM NOT TO!!!! If he does that it means he's being culturally insensitive and racist! Make sure he understands that if he shows ANY amount of patriotism that he is discriminating against the greatest gift from the Almighty that Man has ever received.....Mexico, in all its greatness and splendor. Instead he might consider coughing up more of his retirement to feed and clothe illegals who care nothing for this country.

(If people couldn't catch the sarcasm then we have a problem)
My neighbor (the retired Policeman) is Mexican, full-blooded. His parents came here legally and he was a small boy at the time. He still has family in Mexico. He's a really nice man, too. Been my neighbor for about 10 yrs now.

He gets really ticked off at the illegal mexicans that come here and disrespect the US, its Flag, its customs, and its citizens. You think we sound harsh here, pfffff .... you should hear HIM talk. OMG! Too funny~

Old 09-06-2010, 01:10 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,329,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I am trying to figure out this post. The part about being without jobs has forced a good many of them to food pantries and thank God for them being there. I am not sure whether you are "downing" tea partyers or praising them. They are just people, most of them, who are tired of the problems we are encountering and they are speaking out. I am not a tea partyer but I get tired of the people who act like they are sent from satan himself. Good for them for speaking out and trying to make their voices heard besides just posting on a message board.
No Annie, I'm not knocking the Tea Party nor it's people, those people are what I'm now calling the grass roots of a growing mass of those Americans
who have left their armchairs and their desktops and have finally decided to do something about the sham deal that we've been getting. The intent
within my comment was only lacking in it's failure to underscore those causitive factors which have incited or inspired this greater step toward preserving
whatever remnants of the fabric that our rapidly changing country, still remain.

I place no blame upon those without jobs or work for their hands. I have sympathy for those who have been reduced to a new low, a time when they
feed themselves at food pantries or collect redeemable cans and bottles in order to buy that food, nourishment enough to get through one more day of an
ever challenging and changing, America. My heart is with those Tea Party people because I can clearly see all of the reasons for why they feel as they do.

In much the same manner as many generations ago, a population gathered in Boston to protest a tax, imposed by a distant government without having
benefit of representation. Today, a new generation gathers in public, in traditional fashion and are ready to make a new protest, they've had enough from
a succession of people who have been wearing the mantle of responsibility for guiding ( or misguiding) our country, and taken away the American dream,
adulterating or diminishing it to a state where they too are not going to take it any more and most certainly do I not see any one of them, as you refer or
infer to be, Satan inspired.

Forgive me for not making myself clear in my earlier post. I hope that I was able to help you figure out that post. Somewhere further down this thread,
there's another poster who somehow, also lacked the ability to understand my meaning and motive so I'm just going to hope that they will accept this post as
my last word here, on the subject of Tea Party. Have a great day, Annie...

Old 09-06-2010, 02:43 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,554,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Would anyone's opinion change if it turned out that these guys in the truck were skin heads or KKK members and shouted racial names at the marchers?

Point is, we don't know what was said before the guy, illegal or not, grabbed the flag out of the guys hand. So don't make assumptions until you know all the facts.
OH yeah. WORDS are always a good excuse for the other side to resort to VIOLENCE/destruction of private property.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:44 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,554,588 times
[quote=OnTheLookout;15776538]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
If it's a losing battle, then perhaps we should militarize the border, using indiscriminate lethal force if someone tries to violate our border? Would it still be a losing battle then?
Nothing else seems to be working....

Old 09-06-2010, 02:47 PM

15,587 posts, read 22,390,380 times
If that scumbag knocked my flag off my truck I would shove that flag up his ass.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:51 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813
If it's a losing battle, then perhaps we should militarize the border, using
Quote:
indiscriminate lethal force
if someone tries to violate our border? Would it still be a losing battle then?
Which is what? pea shooters?

Old 09-06-2010, 02:55 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,329,722 times
Kele,
You wrote:

"Eddie, Eddie...please do your homework before making such blatantly inflammatory and patently false accusations against nearly 30% (self-identified) of the U.S. population."

Please be as willing to point out, as closely as you can, those "blatant, inflammatory and patently false" accusations which you accuse me of, in a recently posted comment of mine.
Would you do that for me? I'll make a deal with you, I'll be glad to forfeit one (1) "rep" point for each plausible example that you can give, which supports your own outrageous, uncalled for
and "patently" presumptuous assertion. As for me and my last 17 months of hard-core unemployment, I'm sandwiched in here, with that nearly 30% of America's growing population but, I'm
fighting damn hard, to make myself understood by the other 29.999%.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:09 PM

4,053 posts, read 4,429,035 times
Let's try not to generalize. Most Mexican-Americans in this country would not support what they are doing. Everyone should be able to be proud of their heritiage and everyone is free to wave the Mexican flag if they so choose. However, to wave it in this type of protest is hypocritical. For example, in yesteryear, when there was discrimination against Irish, Italian, Portuguese (etc) immigrants, people would look pretty silly waving those flags in this type of protest, wouldn't they? BTW, the passenger was hardly "attacked".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration