U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 04:15 PM

15,587 posts, read 22,415,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
...Most Mexican-Americans in this country would not support what they are doing...
You do mean most legal Mexican-Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 04:32 PM

19,454 posts, read 13,202,435 times
Whoever the guy in the truck was, it seems he did a lot more to upset all those people then simply waving a flag out his window.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:54 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
[quote=OnTheLookout;15776538]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
If it's a losing battle, then perhaps we should militarize the border, using indiscriminate lethal force if someone tries to violate our border? Would it still be a losing battle then?
I don't know how I ended being the quoted one you responded to but that wasn't my post. I am anti-illegal immigration and agree that the border should be militarized.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:00 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,331,363 times
Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. And the slogans were all flown in the last war....

I recently re-read this whole thread...yes a fit of insomnia will do that. I see some encouraging things through all the frustrations and assumptions. People discussing issues with all the challenges of communication, disagreements and different ideologies among them. This is America and this is what we are allowed to do without looking over our shoulders in fear.

I have a few things that came to mind from this...

Politicians do a great job campaigning...selling us on their agendas if you will...It's a shame they don't seem to be able to deliver on their promises nearly as well.

Silence is consent. If you don't go out and use your voice (voting, running for office, protesting, editorials, City Data posts etc.) there is little or no use in complaining.

Being oppressed is a sad state of being but perhaps even sadder is believing you can do nothing and then well...doing nothing...

Old 09-09-2010, 10:14 AM

720 posts, read 588,221 times
So lemme get this straight, the douchbags walk down the street yelling "we want respect", BUT BUT don't give the same...Please....Go home..

Old 09-09-2010, 12:21 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,557,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
So lemme get this straight, the douchbags walk down the street yelling "we want respect", BUT BUT don't give the same...Please....Go home..
They don't deserve ANY respect. They & their people are apparently too weak-willed to get together and fight to make THEIR home country a better place. Much easier to do it the lazy way & sneak into another country illegally & act like a bunch of spoiled children demanding to be taken care of.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
They don't deserve ANY respect. They & their people are apparently too weak-willed to get together and fight to make THEIR home country a better place. Much easier to do it the lazy way & sneak into another country illegally & act like a bunch of spoiled children demanding to be taken care of.
Originally Posted by justanothermanger

Really. Do you think this is an accurate portrayal? Do you consider yourselves well informed? Openminded? Compassionate?

Old 09-09-2010, 03:04 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,958,322 times
THEY want "justice" " respect" "rights" blah blah yada yada - well WE want obedience to our damn LAWS.............

Old 09-09-2010, 06:34 PM

720 posts, read 588,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Originally Posted by justanothermanger

Really. Do you think this is an accurate portrayal? Do you consider yourselves well informed? Openminded? Compassionate?
Why sir, yes I do! I call it how it is. And at this point all these idiots are doing is throwing a fit like a 2 year old right now, because they are BREAKING THE LAW, and getting called on it!

Old 09-30-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Why sir, yes I do! I call it how it is. And at this point all these idiots are doing is throwing a fit like a 2 year old right now, because they are BREAKING THE LAW, and getting called on it!
This all may be true...but what are your sources? I don't trust any of the mainstream media outlets. Many of the people commenting here complain about biased media but are getting much of their info. from guess what? Biased media...What say you my fellow American?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration