Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 01:39 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

This has been going on for a long time now.....

There's 2 things to remember as all of this goes on.

Things can only go so far......and..

"There's a limit to EVERYTHING!"

The way these people have been making fools of themselves and stirring up the boiling nitro bowl, their expiration date is right around the corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,132 times
Everybody please calm down.
Yac.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:27 AM

894 posts, read 1,127,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
{geek} You welcome to ask for explanations or a better understanding of any post at any time.
Yeah, the only time I really even have to ask is when it's a video that's been posted as the OP and nothing else.

If all I can hear is a bunch of high pitched screeching, I have no idea what that's about.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:43 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,653 times
good thing the police were there or ole chico would have been made into a beef enchilida..............

Old 08-17-2010, 03:16 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
This link is over 3 years old
Nope....happened on May 5, 2010. Over three months old, yes.

Three years?

Hardly.

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees | NBC Bay Area

Old 08-17-2010, 05:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Back in the early 90's Japan and the USA were having some trade disputes. I owned a Toyota pick up. I work in a factory. As 1 might imagine my truck seemed to get a lot of unwanted attention. Bent antenna and flat tires. American flag bumper stickers on my windshield etc.
Friendly protest? Obviously I didn't think so.
The guys with the flags were driving by. Maybe they shouted a rebuttal to the protestors slogans. The protestor who grabbed the flag and threw it to the ground crossed the line. Not because it was our flag, but because it wasn't his property to grab and throw to the ground.
They chanted demanding respect and yet demonstrated none.
How I feel it applies to my story.
Some said I was at fault for driving my truck to work at a factory knowing how many felt about Japan. As if somehow this antagonized the vandals.
I get how the vandals felt. Misplaced loyalty to detroit and ignorance about the fact that my truck was at least as American as the average chevy dodge or ford of the day. In fact maybe more so. At least mine was assembled here by US citizens. Not true of the domestic trucks of the day. Mexico and Canada built theirs.
The protestors have a right to their protest. That right ended when they attacked someone elses property.
I wonder why the cop did not arrest the thug wearing the wife beater for the attack.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:06 PM

14 posts, read 19,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Personally, I take great offense at our American Flag being attacked, & the flag of another country being paraded in OUR streets,.That seems like an act of hostile invasion.
You are absolutely correct. I also noticed the police on site did nothing until the Americans went to retirieve our flag. As a disabled veteran this makes my blood boil. Too many of my good friends are no longer with us because they gave all to protect that flag.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
this is not mexico. displays of cultural pride are fine. but consistent rejection of the host countries language culture and laws is not acceptable.
please leave.
AMEN! nuff said!

Old 08-17-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I'd love to see them try that crap in MY town, that's all I'm gonna say about that!
Believe me, if they aren't stopped, they WILL!!!

Old 08-17-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
What I saw was a peaceful demonstration except for maybe knocking the American flag out of the guy in the truck's hand. Last I checked, such a demonstration is legal and really quite American.

Do you know why these people were marching? Your blanket assumptions are questionable at best and potentially put you beyond ignorant...and not in a good way.

BTW, all this legality applies if they are legal. If not then all bets are off.
How far do you think you would get in Mexico with a "peaceful demonstration" waving the American flag. I can guarantee that as soon as someone knocked the Mexican flag to the ground the police watching (if they hadn't broken it up already) would have opened fire on the person knocking down that flag before i was fully on the ground. Legal or illegal - if you don't love my country get the f*** out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration