U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 01:39 PM

894 posts, read 977,883 times

Advertisements

My neighbor is a retired cop, and a VET and he's sick to death of all of this mexican flag waiving crap and the disrespect they're showing our flag. So, he bought a huge mexican flag off ebay and plans to set it on fire in his front yard on July 4th.

It cracked me up when he told me what he was going to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 04:17 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,693,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
My neighbor is a retired cop, and a VET and he's sick to death of all of this mexican flag waiving crap and the disrespect they're showing our flag. So, he bought a huge mexican flag off ebay and plans to set it on fire in his front yard on July 4th.

We all should do that.......I'm going to.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:45 PM

2,792 posts, read 3,645,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post

Oh I'd love to be there to see that!

Old 08-18-2010, 05:47 PM

660 posts, read 1,221,674 times
What sickens me about this video is they're going to American schools, most likely getting their school meals, books, clothing, immunizations and tuition for free, and they hate America? "Viva La Mexico" I heard them shouting as the crowd walked away. Why are these ungrateful illegals living here?

Old 08-18-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
What sickens me about this video is they're going to American schools, most likely getting their school meals, books, clothing, immunizations and tuition for free, and they hate America? "Viva La Mexico" I heard them shouting as the crowd walked away. Why are these ungrateful illegals living here?
They're only here for a better life..

Old 08-18-2010, 07:03 PM

15,179 posts, read 16,213,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
At OUR expense.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:16 PM

706 posts, read 815,742 times
It appears that things have calmed down since July 4th, 1996.

http://mohaveminutemen.com/video/4Jul96ccir.wmv (broken link)

Old 08-18-2010, 09:01 PM

660 posts, read 1,221,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Then they should be a lot more appreciative.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
Then they should be a lot more appreciative.
I was being sarcastic.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:57 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,850,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
I strongly believe that most of these Tea-Partyers have more time on their hands than any other population segment (short of the great depression),
has had in a long time, many being without jobs, some having become entirely dependent upon food pantries, others living in the tent cities that have pockmarked
our once great nation, our once functionally employed people. I've been studying my world for 65 years, privileged in seeing so many societal improvements along
the way but there are too many things about the fabric of our country and the way that it has been bleached, stretched and tattered to a point of utter shame.
Eddie, Eddie...please do your homework before making such blatantly inflammatory and patently false accusations against nearly 30% (self-identified) of the U.S. population.

Gallup: Tea Partiers are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics.

Quote:
PRINCETON, NJ -- Tea Party supporters skew right politically; but demographically, they are generally representative of the public at large. That's the finding of a USA Today/Gallup poll conducted March 26-28, in which 28% of U.S. adults call themselves supporters of the Tea Party movement.

Tea Party supporters are decidedly Republican and conservative in their leanings. Also, compared with average Americans, supporters are slightly more likely to be male and less likely to be lower-income. In several other respects, however -- their age, educational background, employment status, and race -- Tea Partiers are quite representative of the public at large.
Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration