U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:21 AM

2,791 posts, read 3,553,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
The current administration has done nothing to stop illegal immigration. If anything, they have encouraged more illegal immigration into the county. How, you ask?

1. They appointed a Mexican to the Supreme Court.

2. They prevent ICE from doing their job properly

3. They leave it up to companies to check for immigration status of the people they hire.

4. They give companies advanced warning of immigration inspection.

5. They are now releasing illegal aliens from deportation centers.

During the Presidential Election, I had hoped that Obama, being a black, would have sympathy for poor Americans who are hurt by illegal immigration. I was wrong. Apparently, this man has more sympathy for illegal trespassers than his fellow Americans. I will now vote against him and against anybody who is associated with him in any way, shape, or form.
Problem is, for 8 years the Republican administration left the borders wide open, so I don't want them back in,either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 08:07 AM

34,990 posts, read 33,855,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
...That is my question. I am not interested in personal beliefs, but HARD FACTS. Has there been a significant difference in border control since Obama has become president? What are the numbers, what are the FACTS?? Can anyone help me w/ the specifics?
Do you have a computer?

This admin has rounded up and deported more IIs than any other admin so far.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:28 PM

2,106 posts, read 2,625,614 times
Nada

Old 09-01-2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Nada
Do you have a computer?

Old 09-01-2010, 05:50 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,858,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Do you have a computer?

Oh, but then there's this:

Obama Orders Release of Thousands of Detained Illegal Aliens

You have to pay attention to what the left hand is doing while Barry tries to distract you by waiving a carrot in the right hand.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:25 AM

3,743 posts, read 7,206,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Problem is, for 8 years the Republican administration left the borders wide open, so I don't want them back in,either!
There are big differences in immigration enforcement between the last and the current administration. You quoted me, but I don't know if you actually read what I wrote. The Obama administration is not enforcing the laws. Ice no longer do raids. They are releasing illegals instead deporting them. They let employers self-enforce immigration laws. The previous administration actually enforced the laws.

What's sad is, despite all the facts and evidence, there are still Obama shills on the forum trying to tell people otherwise.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Oh, but then there's this:

Obama Orders Release of Thousands of Detained Illegal Aliens

You have to pay attention to what the left hand is doing while Barry tries to distract you by waiving a carrot in the right hand.
Not sure how that affects the 400,000 that have been deported. Care to explain, Moderator cut: personal attack? That would be entertaining somewhat.

Your own link sez, "Rocha said the deportation of criminals accounts for about half of all removals, an all-time high. If the immigrants released under the new policy have their applications for legalization turned down, ICE will resume removal proceedings."

Last edited by Yac; 09-03-2010 at 07:52 AM..

Old 09-01-2010, 03:26 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Not sure how that affects the 400,000 that have been deported. Care to explain, from the 16-year-old's political font of knowledge you demonstrate above? That would be entertaining somewhat.

Your own link sez, "Rocha said the deportation of criminals accounts for about half of all removals, an all-time high. If the immigrants released under the new policy have their applications for legalization turned down, ICE will resume removal proceedings."

IF they even apply...........and they're not "immigrants" they're illegal aliens.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
IF they even apply...........and they're not "immigrants" they're illegal aliens.
Do you realize you're trying to correct a quote?

And are you so naive that you think these people are just turned loose onto the sidewalk? Do a little homework, just some.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:00 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Yep I'm SO naive that I think when people are detained pending deportation hearings they should be held UNTIL those hearings happen..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or