U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 04:16 PM

3,277 posts, read 4,493,145 times

Advertisements

I love how you frame it as though the opinions of black liberals and hispanic liberals are already a foregone conclusion.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:54 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
and this belongs in THIS particular forum because?

Old 08-16-2010, 05:20 PM

4,811 posts, read 8,550,725 times
I defend hispanics =)

Old 08-16-2010, 05:23 PM

73 posts, read 90,913 times
Neither. Violence doesn't solve problems. It just makes new ones.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:44 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
i have to agree here. in om the victims side.

further, for the OP, if you dont think its a race/ethnic issue, then what is it? (im not saying its a gauge for racial tension, but i do think race/ethnicity is a factor). how did the perps (black white or other) pick their victims? they targetted a certain group based on appearances [probably skin color].

what do you call that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well as a liberal and an African American, when it comes to felonious assault, I will always side with the victim. Period. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:59 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
This is the funniest line I have read on here all day. You have the entire left that wants to call people racist, they want to call people uncle toms, house negros etc...
You got that right! Along with being called haters, xenophobes, nativists. You name it the left has called the right every racist label in the book and it usually is because the right stands up for the rule of law aka our immigration laws. The left interjects race into everything that has to do with the enforcement of our immigration laws.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:36 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well as a liberal and an African American, when it comes to felonious assault, I will always side with the victim. Period. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Well I'm not a white liberal or a black liberal - but I saw that whole piece as very biased and very inflammatory.

The entire article portrayed the illegal Mexicans as completely innocent people and portrayed the black Americans as totally evil. How more one-sided could they be?

Obviously the Mexicans are not angels, they move into these neighborhoods and make it clear they're taking over, and just like in other neighbhorhoods they take over, they blast their music at all hours of the night and behave very obnoxiously.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm saying I personally don't think it's a racial issue but when the media sees everything in terms of race it trumps what I see as an economic issue. As I said in another post once, if the millions of Mexicans running over the border were doctors and scientists, it wouldn't get much attention...which is why we have immigration laws on the books to begin with as to the number of poor people we let into this country that will be a burden to it. When the poor people just happen to be Mexican, it turns into an issue of Mexicans being a burden instead of poor illegals being a burden. They aren't a burden because they're Mexican. They're a burden because they are poor and because there here in the millions, illegally.

I also think there is another issue in play and that is the economic education of your average news media reporter and personality. They can talk about race and politics but some of those liberal arts majors are this side of DUH! when it comes to economics. If you aren't reading or listening to the business reporters, you are only getting half of the story and that half is all about race.
It might be a racial issue - but when the very racist Vicente Fox smeared American blacks, you sure didn't see La Raza types speak out against that - they began repeating it. And when Mexico's government released the racist stamp right after, Mexicans lined up to buy it.

The problem is - Mexicans are racist against American blacks - there can be no denying that. They believe they are superior, they believe they have the right to bring highly addictive drugs to sell in black neighborhoods, destroy black youth and the inner city with their drugs.

There are two sides to this racial issue - and the Mexicans are not little angels in this, they refuse to assimilate and adapt. They view themselves as superior to Americans whose jobs they intend to take and believe they are more entitled to the welfare programs than are inner city blacks.

I find it incredible that the media has so suddenly switched from the blacks as victims to trying to portray blacks as evil oppressors now that the Mexicans have arrived - apparently they are much better victims for the media - so much that they are portrayed as utterly innocent.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:02 PM

And for those who think this is just "race" - there is a lot of Mexican on Mexican violence - how do you explain that?

YouTube - News - Oakland - Nortenos Gang Violence - 2006

Old 08-16-2010, 08:15 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,887,589 times
According to the local NYC news media -- the black perps deliberately targeted individuals they thought to be illegals because they thought the illegals would be carrying a lot of cash and wouldn't report the crime to the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or