Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:05 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,033,188 times

Advertisements

I side with the victim (oh, I'm not a liberal, BTW, but I'm white) as I don't approve of violence.

But I live here. Someone please tell me why no one complains when the Hispanics attack the Whites or Blacks? It's never reported in the paper. The police don't bring their observation towers in. There is never a long line of cop cars watching over us. We can't walk down Port Richmond avenue anymore.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
According to the local NYC news media -- the black perps deliberately targeted individuals they thought to be illegals because they thought the illegals would be carrying a lot of cash and wouldn't report the crime to the police.
It's not smart for anyone to walk around with wads of big cash. If a white guy was mugged because he had $5000 in cash, then everyone would blame the victim. Also one has to wonder how these illegals in the heart of a city have such large amounts of cash on them. They didn't get it by picking lettuce.

It sounds like someone stole from their drug dealer to me. Yes it's a crime all the same but there's a reason someone suspects these guys are carrying a whole lot of money around.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:20 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
I defend the victims, so long as they really are victims and not using their position as an agenda. IE faked.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:49 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's not smart for anyone to walk around with wads of big cash. If a white guy was mugged because he had $5000 in cash, then everyone would blame the victim. Also one has to wonder how these illegals in the heart of a city have such large amounts of cash on them. They didn't get it by picking lettuce.

It sounds like someone stole from their drug dealer to me. Yes it's a crime all the same but there's a reason someone suspects these guys are carrying a whole lot of money around.
Why do you always have to make assumptions in everything your post?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:52 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
"They hate us because we're Mexicans," he said while sitting at El Centro del Inmigrante, a center for immigrant day workers. "They aren't robbing just anybody."
But..............that's racial profiling!

Last edited by mkfarnam; 08-17-2010 at 10:05 AM..

Old 08-17-2010, 10:00 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
I side with the victim (oh, I'm not a liberal, BTW, but I'm white) as I don't approve of violence.

But I live here. Someone please tell me why no one complains when the Hispanics attack the Whites or Blacks? It's never reported in the paper. The police don't bring their observation towers in. There is never a long line of cop cars watching over us. We can't walk down Port Richmond avenue anymore.
We all know the answer to that one: it's racist to point out when a an illegal commits a crime against a white or black person.

If we asked for the same treatment (observation towers, lines of cops) in response to Hispanic on white or on black crime, we would be told it is racist; we would be told that they are acting out as they have been oppressed for so long, that we don't understand the difficulty they face, the fears they have...wah, wah, wah.

Young men beating an illegal to death is national news. Illegals raping, drunkenly plowing down, and or murdering a citizen is swept under the rug like unwanted dust. The only time it would make the news is if 1) the victim is a nun, or 2) the victim is a politician's wife, child, family member.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Olmedo, who was hospitalized for five days and was briefly in a coma, contends he was targeted because of his ethnicity, not because he had been involved in a related incident or because the suspects wanted to steal his belongings.

After all, Olmedo said, they didn't take an expensive watch that he was wearing.

"It was," he said in Spanish, "a hate crime."
Oh...of course. you were attacked and robbed because of your ethnicity.
I guess they didn't take your "expensive" watch because it was "assembled in Mexico"

If ethnicity was the reason, I doubt that he would have lived to tell about it.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 08-17-2010 at 10:23 AM..

Old 08-17-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Quote:
Sounds like your "approval" lacks "clout" on both sides.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:23 PM

683 posts, read 1,468,807 times
I'd take the side of Cameron Diaz.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:59 PM

14 posts, read 19,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
You started this thread and choose to focus on race. Go look at the many threads with race as the topic of complaint and you will see it is the conservative/right that almost always starts them. You guys are obsessed with race.

Which 'economic educated' news commentator comes to mind?
If someone wants news and/or advice on economics then their best bet is to listen to an economist, not a news commentator. There are economists who report on the economy.

Once again, which of the following three spends more time slamming people because of their race. hint: it isn't the former fellow with the college education.

I copied this from my post on a different thread. It fits as a rebuttal to part of your post.

Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994. At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she earned a Doctorate in Philosophy (DPhil) in politics from Oxford University.

Beck's education:

Graduated high school in 1982. In 1996, while working for a New Haven-area radio station, Beck briefly attended Yale University. Beck took one theology class, "Early Christology," and then dropped out.

Rushy's education:

Because of his parents' desire to see him attend college, he enrolled in Southeast Missouri State University but left the school after two semesters and one summer. According to his mother, "he flunked everything", and "he just didn't seem interested in anything except radio."
Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh although for the most part are self educated (so was the vast majority of the men who wrote our consitution) have BOTH been recognized with honorary Doctorates! Both are extremely well versed in the constitution AND the bill of rights, while at times Maddow has expressed opinions that make you wonder if she has even READ either document. Some of the most brilliant minds in history have flunked many classes, even the greatest physicist of all Albert Einstein failed algebra. I prefer to judge someone on their intellect, not on their ability to sit through some liberal minded college professors lectures and parrot back the answers they wish to hear. I firmly believe that education breeds liberalism and knowledge breeds conservatism.

Last edited by grantman61; 08-17-2010 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: spelling oops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration