Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:30 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times

Advertisements

Did I mention the incident did NOT happen in the South and apparently the attackers weren't tea party members?

"Recorded by a store's surveillance camera, the assault was the first of 11 suspected anti-Hispanic bias attacks in a Staten Island neighborhood, re-igniting years-old tensions between blacks and Hispanics in New York City's most remote borough."

My Way News - Attacks against Mexicans inflame tensions in NYC

See, I'm thinking this is not really a racial issue at all but is an issue of illegals and dwindling jobs. The high unemployment rate is in the black community now. You promise to put millions of poor illegal people (regardless of where they are from) on a path to citizenship and they aren't going to settle for the "jobs Americans won't do" because once they become citizens they'll be competing for some blue collar jobs along with blue collar blacks and whites. And they won't supplement the workforce either because if they become citizens they'll be looking for and entitled to the same wages as native Americans, so someone will have to go, at the workplace. It just happens that a large percentage of blacks are out of work now.

"The unemployment rate for Blacks ages 16 and older inched up slightly last month to 15.6 percent, according to new data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, from 15.4 percent in June and 15.5 percent in May. The jobless rate represents the percentage of the working-age population that's unemployed."

1 in Every 4 Blacks Underemployed, More Black Women Jobless - DiversityInc.com (http://diversityinc.com/article/7974/1-in-Every-4-Blacks-Underemployed-More-Black-Women-Jobless/ - broken link)

I'd also like to add that another thing that will compound the unemployment problem is ending the wars overseas but this will impact both blue and white collar unemployment. It won't just be soldiers coming home but it will be a lot of civilian military support personnel both home and abroad that will be out of work in addition to government contractor employees both home and abroad. I suspect this is the secret reason (unemployment) no one is really in too big of a hurry to end the wars. I'm just throwing this part in because I could see tensions escalate and again, I think it all has to do with unemployment.

The "immigration reform" issue is a bigger hot potato than the media is currently discussing because no one seems to be talking about the impact legalizing millions of poor people will have on unemployment. It's easier for them to talk about skin color because they see everything through that lens.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:40 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,485 times
we just need to give them more welfare, food stamps, and medicaid. Then they'll be so happy that they won't commit crimes!

Old 08-16-2010, 09:41 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
we just need to give them more welfare, food stamps, and medicaid. Then they'll be so happy that they won't commit crimes!

could you post anything any more ******

Old 08-16-2010, 09:42 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Did I mention the incident did NOT happen in the South and apparently the attackers weren't tea party members?

"Recorded by a store's surveillance camera, the assault was the first of 11 suspected anti-Hispanic bias attacks in a Staten Island neighborhood, re-igniting years-old tensions between blacks and Hispanics in New York City's most remote borough."

See, I'm thinking this is not really a racial issue at all but is an issue of illegals and dwindling jobs. The high unemployment rate is in the black community now. You promise to put millions of poor illegal people (regardless of where they are from) on a path to citizenship and they aren't going to settle for the "jobs Americans won't do" because once they become citizens they'll be competing for some blue collar jobs along with blue collar blacks and whites. And they won't supplement the workforce either because if they become citizens they'll be looking for and entitled to the same wages as native Americans, so someone will have to go, at the workplace. It just happens that a large percentage of blacks are out of work now.

"The unemployment rate for Blacks ages 16 and older inched up slightly last month to 15.6 percent, according to new data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, from 15.4 percent in June and 15.5 percent in May. The jobless rate represents the percentage of the working-age population that's unemployed."

1 in Every 4 Blacks Underemployed, More Black Women Jobless - DiversityInc.com (http://diversityinc.com/article/7974/1-in-Every-4-Blacks-Underemployed-More-Black-Women-Jobless/ - broken link)

I'd also like to add that another thing that will compound the unemployment problem is ending the wars overseas but this will impact both blue and white collar unemployment. It won't just be soldiers coming home but it will be a lot of civilian military support personnel both home and abroad that will be out of work in addition to government contractor employees both home and abroad. I suspect this is the secret reason (unemployment) no one is really in too big of a hurry to end the wars. I'm just throwing this part in because I could see tensions escalate and again, I think it all has to do with unemployment.

The "immigration reform" issue is a bigger hot potato than the media is currently discussing because no one seems to be talking about the impact legalizing millions of poor people will have on unemployment. It's easier for them to talk about skin color because they see everything through that lens.

which is why im against illegal immigration to a point but also other political groups wouldnt fare any better with this issue and many blacks(american ones) dont wanna touch it but you can bet your dollar that if this was there country and the blacks(put country here) were the illegals they would be against it

Last edited by city414; 08-16-2010 at 09:56 AM..

Old 08-16-2010, 09:43 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Well as a liberal and an African American, when it comes to felonious assault, I will always side with the victim. Period. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Old 08-16-2010, 09:50 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
As LauraC so effectively pointed out. Illegal Trespassing is not a racial issue. It is an economic issue.

If you took away the Trespassers, a host of jobs will open up. So many negative factors will be removed. Illegals take food out of Legal American mouths, money out of OUR pockets, and check the percentages of crime in this country perpetrated by illegals. Don't take my word for it, look it up.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:52 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well as a liberal and an African American, when it comes to felonious assault, I will always side with the victim. Period. Is there anything else I can help you with?
I am a white right leaning libertarian and I agree with this 100%.

Is there really any question about it?

Old 08-16-2010, 09:53 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
I'm on the side of the law where a victim is involved.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:03 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Just like the folks in Appalachia!

Old 08-16-2010, 10:06 AM

783 posts, read 814,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

How do you define political correct and why should this label specificly be directed against liberals
Conservatives can be just as political correct but in other issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration