U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 06:16 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,390,520 times

Advertisements

Glad to hear some of what's going on is making a difference. I only hope it isn't just in Arizona and that it doesn't dissappear after November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 12:00 AM

8,297 posts, read 9,157,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
CA doesn't see it that way. I can get in big trouble carrying a firearm during archery season. Even the BP guys I hunt with carry during bow because the law is so asinine with the current mess we have with all the Illegals in the area.
I was under the impression that the BP, being Fed. LEOs, were actually required to carry at all times. On and off duty. This was actually being discussed amongst some agents when new applicants asked about it. Also I knew quite a few cops at one time and I know they did carry at all times.

Heck, I bet you could hold off illegals with a bow! They are just as accurate as a gun if you really know how to use one. And self defense with a bow is just as justifiable, I would think.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:13 AM

216 posts, read 199,021 times
how about a nice high pressure hose?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:24 AM

32,944 posts, read 30,201,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I was under the impression that the BP, being Fed. LEOs, were actually required to carry at all times. On and off duty. This was actually being discussed amongst some agents when new applicants asked about it. Also I knew quite a few cops at one time and I know they did carry at all times.

Heck, I bet you could hold off illegals with a bow! They are just as accurate as a gun if you really know how to use one. And self defense with a bow is just as justifiable, I would think.
They won't let LE carry (even with a CCW) at the fair here. This State is back a$$wards.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:46 AM

739 posts, read 1,978,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
Buenos Aires National Wildlife refuge... Organ Pipe National monument, Ironwood National forest... not safe if you're alone and unarmed. All within about 20-30 minutes of my location. This situation should be a national embarrassment.
I will probably go to prison for running my mouth but I always thought the US comes first before other countries. Also I should be able to go anywhere in the US I want to without being shot by criminals from other countries. This is a national security issue the US needs to give mexico an ultimatum that either the crimes and illegals stop or the US will stop it with any force necessary.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:04 AM

8,297 posts, read 9,157,734 times
Quote:
They won't let LE carry (even with a CCW) at the fair here. This State is back a$$wards.
I find that very odd but I guess every state has different requirements. In AZ you aren't even required to have a CCW permit anymore and it's always been legal to open carry, any time. Maybe we just think we are still part of the "old West".

Old 08-19-2010, 11:44 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Quote:
Wow! I thought LE carried weapons at all times. I know my brother never left home without his. I guess MD has a different policy.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:29 PM

3,808 posts, read 4,530,780 times
Quote:
Maybe we just think we are still part of the "old West".
Seeing that our Government refuses to secure the border
I'd call it common sense

Old 08-19-2010, 03:05 PM

32,944 posts, read 30,201,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wow! I thought LE carried weapons at all times. I know my brother never left home without his. I guess MD has a different policy.
I checked, they finally changed it. But ,the area that is bow only is off limits to all LE except BP (on duty) and game and fish. LE cannot carry while bow hunting.

San Diego County Fair: Off-duty, qualified law enforcement officers or qualified retired law enforcement officers are allowed to carry concealed weapons into the fair. You must identify yourself to security at the entrance. Credentials will be verified by a sheriff’s deputy. Officers must sign a document attesting to their compliance with all pertinent state and federal laws and the policies and procedures of their individual employers; and, that they are not at the time of entry, nor will be while on the fairgrounds, under the influence of alcohol or any intoxicating or hallucinatory drug.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:20 PM

555 posts, read 737,895 times
Quote:
I talked to my Border Patrol contacts about this and they say it isn't true. They are questioning this guys motivations and why he'd be saying these things. They said that IF it was deemed "too dangerous" they would simply up the amount of patrols and not let agents go out alone to patrol. They also said that the Border Patrol wouldn't say things like this to the general public, even if it was true, and that sheriff is out of line. There has been NO "retreat" anywhere.
Sorry, but I just don't believe that. I realized several months ago that something fishy was up with the BP as far as confronting armed drug smugglers. Give me a link to a story about the BP shooting at armed smugglers. BP knows where the drug routes are. They know what hilltops lookouts are on. They could probably find some armed smugglers every day if they really wanted to.

I mentioned this lack of confrontation to Glen Spencer of American Border Patrol. He told me he had heard the same thing, that BP was avoiding it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or