Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 05:01 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
Buenos Aires National Wildlife refuge... Organ Pipe National monument, Ironwood National forest... not safe if you're alone and unarmed. All within about 20-30 minutes of my location. This situation should be a national embarrassment.
Instead it's a national news blackout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 12:25 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
WTH?

CNSNews.com - EXCLUSIVE: Arizona Sheriff: Border Patrol Has Retreated from Parts of Border Because It (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/71105 - broken link)
I talked to my Border Patrol contacts about this and they say it isn't true. They are questioning this guys motivations and why he'd be saying these things. They said that IF it was deemed "too dangerous" they would simply up the amount of patrols and not let agents go out alone to patrol. They also said that the Border Patrol wouldn't say things like this to the general public, even if it was true, and that sheriff is out of line. There has been NO "retreat" anywhere.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:31 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,037 times
ya, you never see the TRUTH on the news. The fact is that our government has its own agenda. That`s why they like to play "pretend" about the problems at the border.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:54 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I talked to my Border Patrol contacts about this and they say it isn't true. They are questioning this guys motivations and why he'd be saying these things. They said that IF it was deemed "too dangerous" they would simply up the amount of patrols and not let agents go out alone to patrol. They also said that the Border Patrol wouldn't say things like this to the general public, even if it was true, and that sheriff is out of line. There has been NO "retreat" anywhere.
CA archery Deer starts in 2 weeks. Since the camping areas are all filled we are going to be forced to camp in BLM land. We are going to be armed to the teeth since this is a known Illegal Alien/drug corridor and it's 20 miles from the border. I wouldn't feel safe at night out there without my small army that will be in base camp.

Every BP member we have contact with agrees that we should be armed even though it's illegal to carry a firearm in archery season. What does that tell us? This is in San Diego County.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:58 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
If it is true, it’s appalling. Also, it’s troubling that they stated, "even if true" they wouldn’t admit it. If it’s a fabrication, I would certainly like to know his motives.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
CA archery Deer starts in 2 weeks. Since the camping areas are all filled we are going to be forced to camp in BLM land. We are going to be armed to the teeth since this is a known Illegal Alien/drug corridor and it's 20 miles from the border. I wouldn't feel safe at night out there without my small army that will be in base camp.

Every BP member we have contact with agrees that we should be armed even though it's illegal to carry a firearm in archery season. What does that tell us? This is in San Diego County.
I don't blame you for being armed and am glad that the BP agrees you should be. Just because you have guns doesn't mean you're going hunt with them. Self protection is a right, or should be. I'm kinda glad that AZ has loosened up their gun laws but worry about it sometimes too.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If it is true, it’s appalling. Also, it’s troubling that they stated, "even if true" they wouldn’t admit it. If it’s a fabrication, I would certainly like to know his motives.
It isn't true and what they meant about not telling the public if it WAS is because they know that the general public worries about it already and they wouldn't want to make it worse. However, they have assured me that it isn't true and nothing to worry about. One speculation was that this is an election year and I wish it wasn't because then we might know what people's REAL motivations are, for doing and saying things. When it gets mixed up with politics it gets 'screwy'.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
biggest mexican export, dope and violence.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:35 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Instead it's a national news blackout.
This is a blackout?
Current Travel Warnings

Old 08-18-2010, 01:38 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
Quote:
It isn't true and what they meant about not telling the public if it WAS is because they know that the general public worries about it already and they wouldn't want to make it worse. However, they have assured me that it isn't true and nothing to worry about. One speculation was that this is an election year and I wish it wasn't because then we might know what people's REAL motivations are, for doing and saying things. When it gets mixed up with politics it gets 'screwy'.
I agree. I also know a supervisor in BP (through other people) who said the same thing - there is no retreat. I don't believe the sheriff. I'd also, like you, like to know what his real motivations are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration