U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 11:32 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times

Advertisements

That the government DOES NOT give two hoots about the American people. Special interest money and power have ruled the day again. America is going down the toobs. I dont know that there is anything we can do. They dont listen and I really dont think we speak loud enough. How about we protest!!!!! (and not the just 4-10 people I have seen. Which is embarrassing) I am so angry and sad at the same time. What a let down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 12:23 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,752,426 times
We just need to vote them out ... perhaps a bunch of new blood would improve things a little but to really improve things we need to end lobbyist and special interest groups.

(Fat chance of that happening.)

Old 06-26-2007, 12:33 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,892,377 times
And I am convinced now, sadly, that this government (and not just the Republicans) is ACTIVELY out to destroy this country as we know it, and morph it into the rest of the already "globalized" world. Not sure what the payoff is for these traitors, but it is quite frightening and not sure either what is to be done on our part. I do believe there is a concerted effort to destroy western civilization as a whole, already happening in Eurabia of course. I guess we need to just keep a watch on who gets elected here, and keep on their butts every minute to do the right thing for our nation.

Last edited by lilypad; 06-26-2007 at 12:57 PM..

Old 06-26-2007, 01:04 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
This legislation will destroy America as we know it. I'm so angry about this I can't even talk about it yet.....

Old 06-26-2007, 02:26 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,743,435 times
If only we followed the money.

Nah, it's easier to focus on the symptom and not the money (and greed) that perpetuates the situation.

As long as the “movement” on this message board is fixated on poor people seeking to improve their dire situation rather than the greedy people that profit from them, this will NEVER be resolved and instead will feed into conditioning Americans to be feel "justified" in treating other human beings who have nothing like nothing.... while nothing changes except a moral decline.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:15 PM

5,115 posts, read 10,031,894 times
Once again, the two major parties prove that they are just corporate mouthpieces. Been this way for a long time and not likely to change any time soon. In order to get elected you need vast amounts of money... where is that going to come from and don't you think "they" (the "special interest" groups) want something in return for their donation, ahem, investment....

Old 06-26-2007, 03:47 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
This legislation will destroy America as we know it. I'm so angry about this I can't even talk about it yet.....
I fee the same way! I have been trying to make all my calls but many lines are busy, some saying their mailboxes are full. What we have to do is make the business suffer that hire illegal like Home Depot, Tyson and others AND we need to call or email them why we will o longer give them our business.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:13 PM

384 posts, read 850,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
That the government DOES NOT give two hoots about the American people. Special interest money and power have ruled the day again. America is going down the toobs. I dont know that there is anything we can do. They dont listen and I really dont think we speak loud enough. How about we protest!!!!! (and not the just 4-10 people I have seen. Which is embarrassing) I am so angry and sad at the same time. What a let down.
This issue is one of the most vital issues facing America today because it predicts our future and the distruction of our culture and legal system as we know it to be. We will have the opportunity to vote these Senate clowns out but who do we replace them with? Its time for America to really consider voting for third party candidates and kill the two party system. I believe there is so much collusion between Republicans and Democrats that there is hardly a line between them. These people will sell your future for money and power. The two reigning parties are so arrogant and confident that they have convinced the American people that 3rd party candidates are stupid, ignorant, uninformed bumpkins that Americans are afraid to "rock the boat" and give someone else an opportunity. I hear people talk about the system being broken, well, how will the system ever get fixed if we keep voting in the same people that have been brought up in the same corrupt structure in the same corrupt parties.

Protest may indeed be the next step if this President and the Congress thwart the will of the majority of the American people. It would be interesting to see how this government would handle massive protests by the majority of America instead of the minorities and illegals.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:14 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
If only we followed the money.

Nah, it's easier to focus on the symptom and not the money (and greed) that perpetuates the situation.

As long as the “movement” on this message board is fixated on poor people seeking to improve their dire situation rather than the greedy people that profit from them, this will NEVER be resolved and instead will feed into conditioning Americans to be feel "justified" in treating other human beings who have nothing like nothing.... while nothing changes except a moral decline.
It isnt just the money ( although I think they need heavy fines and jail time), illegals are not innocent in any of this. I have had to work with them, they come here knowing full well they will get what they want, most I met ( which over many years has been ALOT in construction) are NOT starving just tired of working two or three jobs, they just want the freebies and to be able to retire in better homes (as they tell me) in mexico. Most I have met hate us and would love nothing more than for us to continue paying for them. This bleeding heart crap will kill America, or does that not matter. They treat America and Americans like crap everyday, wheres the anger for that?!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:25 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,697,700 times
Default exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I fee the same way! I have been trying to make all my calls but many lines are busy, some saying their mailboxes are full. What we have to do is make the business suffer that hire illegal like Home Depot, Tyson and others AND we need to call or email them why we will o longer give them our business.
Hit them where it hurts, in the wallet. That is what we are based on and that is the only thing that matters. DONT shop at the stores that employ these people and dont use illegals for service (like landscaping) I dont trust voting, since illegals can vote and it is too easy to simply pull a "recount".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or