U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:37 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,120 posts, read 5,862,273 times

Advertisements

I look at what's happening with the amnesty bill, and I think that there just HAS to be something we don't know that's forcing our government into wanting to pass this thing. The public is overwhelmingly against it, it compromises the security of the country, and so on so forth. I just can't believe that they would be so foolish. I was thinking that perhaps it has to do with the movement to unite Canada, US, and Mexico. This could just be a move towards that. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
JD.

198 posts, read 433,600 times
Default Not as funny as I wish it was.

If you would have told me that a month ago, I would have laughed in your face. I was familiar with this conspiracy theory and blew it off as nutjobs cooking up another whopper. Now, your guess is as good as mine. There has to be something pretty darn good in the works for all these Senators and a lame-duck El Presidente to do political hari-kari over this sham. To completely IGNORE the citizens the way they have is just unbelievable. Makes you wonder if our democratic republic is even workable anymore.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:09 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,512 times
Of course that's it. They are going to allow Mexican truck drivers all over our roads and fill our country with Mexicans that will vote in favor of the North American Union.

We are going to have to come up with something drastic to say we have had enough and it better be good. They are killing off the middle class.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:17 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,004,847 times
It's the growing Hispanic population in the US and their continued propensity to vote in elections. Back in 2000 Hispanic voters cast something like 8% of the total votes. In 2004 the numbers increased to something like 12%, and it's is forecast that by 2012 Hispanics will cast about 20% of the total votes. So both parties in Washington, just to hold on to the congressional seats that they currently have, not to increase their seats in congress, but to just hold on to the ones they currently have, need more and more Hispanic voters in every single election from here on out. So no one in Washington, unless they have an extremely secure seat, wants to alienate Hispanic voters.

So many republicans in congress are catering to Hispanics now looking at the demographics of their states. Which is the real reason we haven't seen the border secured during a time of war when the Bush Administration's own intelligence estimates indicate we already have terrorists sneaking across our southern border. They don't want to upset the Hispanic population. They look at what happened in California with Republican Governor Pete Wilson and the republican party out there after Proposition 187 passed. It killed the republican party in California for at least a generation.

Add in the fact that corporations want the cheap labor to increase their bottom lines, and corporations really have more influence (campaign donations) over our government than actual American citizens, it's a no brainier for politicians who are looking out for their own political futures rather than doing what's best for America in general.

As far as our democratic senators, they know most immigrants vote democratic by a 3 to 1 margin. I imagine when Bush started pushing this amnesty proposal most democrats in congress probably couldn't believe their political fortune. If this passes, Bush is going to sign it into law and for all intents and purposes kill off the republican party as we know it locking in a democratic congress for at least the next two or three generations.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:19 PM

I wasn't aware that this was already a much discussed idea. What's so incredibly frustrating is just what JD. mentioned. We're a democracy, and this certainly flies in the face of that!

Old 06-26-2007, 10:20 PM

I just thought of this... I don't think the American public is aware of just how hostile Hispanics are towards Americans. I almost think that the threat is so great that we don't have a choice but unify the three countries. Canada and Mexico have so much to gain from it; I wondered right from the get-go about what the draw is for the US. Could it be that it prevents a war between the US and Mexico? I don't know, this could be out there, but there has to be something very big behind it all. It just doesn't make sense.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:11 PM

Bush is a big business president. He sees the European Union and its growing clout worldwide. Both in terms of the sheer vastness of its economy, and in the world courts, and he sees us isolated with less and less influence unless we grow our own position in a similar way. Look what happened to Microsoft. The EU is hitting them with an antitrust suit and it's effecting the way they do business right here in the states.

Bush knows illegals lower wages, increase the budget strains on local economies, and commit crimes in such huge numbers that 27% of all our inmates in the US are illegals. He knows the down side, contrary to popular belief Bush is actually very smart. He wants to create a North American Union and I think if he can't do it through the congress he'll sign some very scary executive orders before he leaves office.

Bush will go down in history as one of our most influential presidents ever. Love him or hate him, he's going to do many things that will affect this nation for generations to come, including stacking the USSC with republicans, spend a trillion dollars in a war we can't win, permanently open up our borders, end the republican party as we know it, and in all likelihood form a North American Union of sorts.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:25 PM

3,748 posts, read 7,213,486 times
Good points, but what does North American Unions have anything to do with the failure to enforce border security and illegals. Does Bush need to have illegals here to create the North American Union?

I read your previous post. So the border stays open because Bush is afraid of the Mexican votes. I guess the votes of the rest of America don't matter.

Last edited by davidt1; 06-26-2007 at 11:33 PM..

Old 06-26-2007, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Good points, but what does North American Unions have anything to do with the failure to enforce border security and illegals. Does Bush need to have illegals here to create the North American Union?

The more porous our border is the more diverse our labor force is. Unemployed Mexicans move to the US and find jobs. Over the long run the open border equalizes wages. It lowers our wages and raises the Mexicans. For example look at the North American Super Highway being built. It will result in American truckers either losing their jobs or working for lower wages. All while Mexican truckers gain access to our highways all the way up to Canada. With the border open and the amnesty proposal enacted we will see at least 30 million Mexicans move up over the next generation. And that is the legal ones, that doesn't include the illegals that will keep coming. Even if the North American Union efforts fail, our economies will become vastly more intertwined. Look at all the money Mexicans send back home. Look at all the American banks offering home loans across the border. The more illegals we have here from Mexico, the easier it is to form a North American Union.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 AM

3,748 posts, read 7,213,486 times
American truckers lose their jobs or work for lower wages. Illegals take jobs from Americans and send the money they make home. Illegals are granted amnesty and become voting power. More illegals will be coming through open borders. Sounds like a win-win situation for everyone except the working Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or