U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 04:41 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times

Advertisements

News update 8/23/10

video...
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...ted;photovideo

Cal-Maine Adds 800,000 Dozen Eggs to Recall - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 05:08 PM

140 posts, read 110,805 times
Dirty 3rd worlders should get kicked out of the country and the guy running the business should get prison time.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:05 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,895,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
More links on the illegal labor force in the food industry.

From the ultra White state of Vermont:

http://www.immigrationworksusa.org/u...immigrants.pdf
Interesting, and has some of the info which was in an article I had mentioned on another thread. I still have to find the paper it was in, though.

From the link you've provided:

Quote:
One 22-year-old farmhand named Juan says he paid about $2,800 to be smuggled into the United States, walking for four nights before he was picked up and taken to Kentucky in the back of a small truck. He ended up in Vermont.

He's been in Vermont for 19 months, sending money home to his family and saving some to open a little store and build himself a house one day. He makes $435 a week with housing, food and utilities paid for.

“The necessity in Mexico is what brings one here,” Juan told The Associated Press during an interview in Spanish. “For me, I don't think I'd do it again. It's very dangerous. I suffered a lot.”

He'd like to go home to Mexico for good this fall.
That says it all -- many of the illegals are here to siphon money out of the country for their own personal benefit.

The farmers who hire them are accomplices and should be penalized accordingly. Let Joe farmer hire on the American man or woman on welfare; let Joe farmer house them, provide them with food & utilities.

Perhaps hiring employees who can understand the English language and abide by laws might be a small step in the right direction and help prevent cases of food-bourne illness.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:58 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
He makes $435 a week with housing, food and utilities paid for.
Illegals have no resposibilities.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Breaking NEWS:
Quote:
Feed given to hens at two farms in Iowa is the likely source of a nationwide salmonella outbreak, federal officials say.
Salmonella linked to feed given to hens - CNN.com

Blaming the illegals = FAIL.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:08 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
Remember the spinach scare?

I also remember when pro-illegal supporters would ask if we would like to pay $10 for a head of lettuce. How much does a contaminated one really cost?

Old 08-26-2010, 03:50 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Breaking NEWS:

Even if illegals were responsible for the egg problem, the government wouldn’t admit it. I’m surprised we aren’t all dead from the contaminated garbage we get from China. Nevertheless, our government continues to permit the importation of their tainted goods. Of course, China owns us, so what can we expect. That’s right, so does Mexico.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:30 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,117,815 times
I don't really believe it was the feed, why did it take them from May till now to isolate that it was feed?

Plus it's coming from CNN, the Illegal Alien Apologist Network.

I heard that the contamination may not have only come from the feed, but other sources as well.

Either way you slice it, filthy conditions and poor hygiene breed disease, and that's what we have processing OUR FOOD, and working with our FOOD SUPPLY!!!!

Old 08-26-2010, 07:47 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Breaking NEWS:

And WHO was handling the feed?

Old 08-26-2010, 08:56 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't really believe it was the feed, why did it take them from May till now to isolate that it was feed?

Plus it's coming from CNN, the Illegal Alien Apologist Network.

I heard that the contamination may not have only come from the feed, but other sources as well.

Either way you slice it, filthy conditions and poor hygiene breed disease, and that's what we have processing OUR FOOD, and working with our FOOD SUPPLY!!!!
Do we even HAVE any unbiased MSM anymore that actually knows what the word ILLEGAL means?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration