U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 AM

3,730 posts, read 5,090,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The objection isn't to skin color or race. The objection is to having our identity and culture changed as a nation. Part of that culture is the English language. There are other cultural differences and ideals between anglo whites and Hispanic whites that are different. There lays the problem not race or skin color.
Very true. Unlike earlier waves of immigrants from Europe that wished to assimilate, learn English, and who shared common values and backgrounds, todays illegal hordes do not wish to assimilate, and retain their loyalty toward their mother country, sometimes for several generations. If the census projections given in the OP are correct, there will huge changes in the Southwestern part of America, with civil war a real possibility long before 2050. No country can survive unchanged with the Balkanization now taking place in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 09:19 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Very true. Unlike earlier waves of immigrants from Europe that wished to assimilate, learn English, and who shared common values and backgrounds, todays illegal hordes do not wish to assimilate, and retain their loyalty toward their mother country, sometimes for several generations. If the census projections given in the OP are correct, there will huge changes in the Southwestern part of America, with civil war a real possibility long before 2050. No country can survive unchanged with the Balkanization now taking place in the USA.
It won't just be in the southwest either unless millions of these illegal aliens are deported.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:57 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,112,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Could we send all the illegal Mexicans to Puerto Rico since nobody wants to return them to Mexico? They already speak Spanish there.

On second thought... 18,000,000+ is a lot to throw on Puerto Rico.
No thanks. We already have enough trouble dealing with the illegals from the Dominican Republic

Old 08-23-2010, 11:26 PM

739 posts, read 1,973,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
I don't know about civil war but if we have a severe depression and we get someone that uses the illegals as a scapegoat and is chrismatic we could end up with something like the holocaust but instead of it being jews being killed we would be rounding up illegals and killing them. We need to have mass deportations but they doesn't mean we can kill them.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:54 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
I don't know about civil war but if we have a severe depression and we get someone that uses the illegals as a scapegoat and is chrismatic we could end up with something like the holocaust but instead of it being jews being killed we would be rounding up illegals and killing them. We need to have mass deportations but they doesn't mean we can kill them.
That will NEVER happen. Even the most rabid anti-illegals would not sit idly by and allow people to be exterminated like rats. One would have to be pure evil to condone such an atrocity. Iím mad as hell over this mess, but that doesnít mean I want illegals harmed, let alone, murdered.

We donít need mass deportations. We simply need our laws enforced, and the freebies to end. Then, they will leave of their own volition.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:09 AM

2,671 posts, read 2,705,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
U.S. Hispanic population to triple by 2050 - USATODAY.com

Racial/ethnic groups 2005 ~ 2050
Foreign-born 12% ~ 19%
White 67% ~ 47%
Hispanic 14% ~ 29%
Black 13% ~ 13%
Asian 5% ~ 9%

Total Population 2005 ~ 2050 (based on those projections) - in millions
Foreign-born 36.3 ~ 83.22
White 203.0 ~ 205.8
Hispanic 42.4 ~ 127.02
Black 39.3 ~ 56.94
Asian 15.1 ~ 39.42

----

Do you think these changes - in a nation that's historically been 90% White and 10% Black - will profoundly change our society, or will we once again adjust our belief that "others" can't become American (as was the case with Irish and Italians)?
I'm not intentionally trying to shift from your question, but do you see something out of sync with this table?

There are still 565 Native American Tribes in this country. When completing the census it counts us as Native American or Alaska Native. Where did you get this table that doesn't even count us? I guarentee we won't disappear by 2050. This country has been trying to annihilate us since 1492, and failed time and again. We're still here.

I apologize for the snark, but for years I've noticed that many sociological studies rarely count or acknowledge Native Americans in data on minority studies in America. The census has always recognized us, so I was surprised to see another data set where we were completely left out.

Whatever. We're not moving again.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That will NEVER happen. Even the most rabid anti-illegals would not sit idly by and allow people to be exterminated like rats. One would have to be pure evil to condone such an atrocity. Iím mad as hell over this mess, but that doesnít mean I want illegals harmed, let alone, murdered.

We donít need mass deportations. We simply need our laws enforced, and the freebies to end. Then, they will leave of their own volition.
I absolutely agree, Benicar.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I'm not intentionally trying to shift from your question, but do you see something out of sync with this table?

There are still 565 Native American Tribes in this country. When completing the census it counts us as Native American or Alaska Native. Where did you get this table that doesn't even count us? I guarentee we won't disappear by 2050. This country has been trying to annihilate us since 1492, and failed time and again. We're still here.

I apologize for the snark, but for years I've noticed that many sociological studies rarely count or acknowledge Native Americans in data on minority studies in America. The census has always recognized us, so I was surprised to see another data set where we were completely left out.

Whatever. We're not moving again.
What nonsense that this country is still trying to annihilate those of native indian ancestry from our soil. Where is your proof of this? You're not moving again? Native indians have their tribal lands so what are you talking about?

Old 08-24-2010, 01:09 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,554,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

I agree 100%. And I am tired of people who JUST WANT OUR LAWS enforced being called evil racists,etc.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:11 PM

7,624 posts, read 8,117,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
NOBODY in the "anti immigrant" crowd is going to be doing any killing of unarmed civilians - that's only something done by the drug cartels and far left kooks. Armed drug smugglers and gangmembers ... now that is a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration