Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:14 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Who said they weren't being reported?
I've reported them to ICE several times in SoCal and caused raids on some places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
They did report them. Nothing happened.
Sounds like poster mkfarman got some results - maybe. Did you report those you were sure about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
If they were obviously fake, why did you cash them?
Probably because like many little worker bees he didn't want to "get involved".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 02:19 PM

406 posts, read 495,630 times
McDonalds in the Phoenix area has been busted a couple of times recently for hiring illegals. A lot of fast food workers here are anchor babies that barely speak english, since they live with their entire immediate family in areas of town that completely cater to the hispanic community. In these communities, such as Glendale and West Phoenix, these legal and illegal hispanics are sheltered to the outside world. I employ two anchor babies that are perfectly legal and get to hear about life from a sheltered point of view. The families raise the children, not just the mother and father. My employees family won't let him take care of his baby, his mother in law who they live with takes care of his baby. Like I said sheltered!

Old 08-25-2010, 02:32 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
99% of the workers in my hometowns fast food restaurants are hispanic. They may be illegal or legal. I don't know. But I have to assume that most of them are undocumented because most do not speak any english and are dark skinned indian types.

Do you think there is any statistics on the percentage of people from an Hispanic background that are ethnically Indian and are very dark skinned and do not speak english and work in low skilled work in relation to legal status?

how do they take peoples order by just looking at them

Old 08-25-2010, 02:42 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
I've worked at McDonald's and Fazoli's with lots of immigrants (Mexicans at McD's and Bosnians and Filipeno's at Faz) and all of them had green cards. A national chain restaurant doesn't want bad press over hiring illegals.

Stereotypically Mexican restaurants will hire illegals who need help keeping a roof over their head.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:45 PM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
DUH where have you been for the last 30 years?
McDonalds is known (by anyone who knows anything about illegal immigation) for knowingly hiring illegals
You could be right, since I have not lived in an area where there were many immigrants, either legal or illegal. So, you are saying that they have false identification and false social security cards, or are you saying that businesses just don't even require those things?
Thankfully, the McDonalds around where we lived hired local high school students, and retired people who actually care. If I were at a business where I didn't think the employees were invested, or if they didn't speak English, that would be the only time I set foot in it. They wouldn't be in business very long, so that would take care of that problem. If you put up with substandard things, you deserve what you get.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
STT Resident wrote:
Sounds like poster mkfarman got some results - maybe.
Quote:
Did you report those you were sure about?
Of course not, I told ICE that the tooth fairy said they were illegal. That's why the raids took place.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:58 PM

76 posts, read 84,013 times
oh my my.... I've been to many McDonalds, Burger Kings, Jack in the Box... in Socal and many of them have non-English speaking cashiers. I meant literally they cannot speak other than Hello, the name of the burger, price... I doubt they are legal residents.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:59 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You could be right, since I have not lived in an area where there were many immigrants, either legal or illegal. So, you are saying that they have false identification and false social security cards, or are you saying that businesses just don't even require those things?
Thankfully, the McDonalds around where we lived hired local high school students, and retired people who actually care. If I were at a business where I didn't think the employees were invested, or if they didn't speak English, that would be the only time I set foot in it. They wouldn't be in business very long, so that would take care of that problem.
Quote:
If you put up with substandard things, you deserve what you get.
Why don't you back off with your judgements. Some people have no choice but to put up with it.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Of course not, I told ICE that the tooth fairy said they were illegal. That's why the raids took place.
Re-read my post. My point was that YOU did take some action which had results and which I duly noted. The question was asked of NYChistorygal who had said that she knew that McDonalds in her area hired undocumented aliens and that nothing was done about it. She appeared to have knowledge that "they" were reported. Maybe they were reported by somebody and maybe the accusations were found to be groundless.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
McDonalds in the Phoenix area has been busted a couple of times recently for hiring illegals. A lot of fast food workers here are anchor babies that barely speak english, since they live with their entire immediate family in areas of town that completely cater to the hispanic community. In these communities, such as Glendale and West Phoenix, these legal and illegal hispanics are sheltered to the outside world. I employ two anchor babies that are perfectly legal and get to hear about life from a sheltered point of view. The families raise the children, not just the mother and father. My employees family won't let him take care of his baby, his mother in law who they live with takes care of his baby. Like I said sheltered!
The March 2010 arrest of 21 McDonald's employees at franchises in the Phoenix area on suspicion of falsifying immigration documents has, I believe, not yet come to trial. In a documented case dating from 2007, a McDonald's franchisee in Nevada was (in 2008) charged $1M on similar counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration