Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:26 PM

271 posts, read 934,194 times

Advertisements

The tide is turning, both Republicans and democrats will NOT vote for free California healthcare to illegals on Monday. Even the democrats, who support entitlements broadly in California, understand that the working class can't, and won't, pay for free health insurance for those who break the laws by sneaking into America.

I used to have alot of respect for Arnold...until he started to promote the CA healthcare bill that would force the working class to pay for the illegals free healthcare. Perhaps someone should check Arnolds immigration papers, as what type of so called "American" would promote stealing from the working class citizens and giving the tax revenues to the invading illegals? Americans are waking up to the injustice, are finally reading the fine print, and refuse to work until they are 85 years old in order pay for entitlements for those who are illegally invading our country!

----------------

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/28/us...re.html?ref=us

Once the plan was unveiled, Mr. Ackerman said, Republicans were also upset by several of its ideas, including an increase in the cigarette tax and a provision that would have offered health insurance to nonlegal residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 10:31 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,110 times
i wouldn't be suprised if it was passed in california......only in cal, only in cal my friend

Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times
I don't think anyone should have to pay for anyones healthcare. Leave it to the employer. But oh no! if they do that then they can't afford to keep their company afloat. Lets complain to the Government! Catch my drift?

Old 01-27-2008, 10:43 PM

271 posts, read 934,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I don't think anyone should have to pay for anyones healthcare. Leave it to the employer. But oh no! if they do that then they can't afford to keep their company afloat. Lets complain to the Government! Catch my drift?

Free illegal coverage is so far beyond logic it has entered the twillight zone IMHO. As far as all the canidates for President, and many of the state governors thinking that some nationalized forced insurance plan will save American healthcare...each and every one of them fail to address the biggest problem, that healthcare is too expensive. The problem isn't who should pay, the problem is that "HEALTHCARE IS TOO EXPENSIVE".

If America wants to fix healthcare, then both the government, and the employers, should never pay for anyone's healthcare, PERIOD (minus those working, and making less than $12K/year). Then allow a little thing called capitalism, and smart consumer bartering/shopping, to force the inefficient, and highly overpaid healthcare system that is in place today, to fix itself or go bankrupt. Once Americans have to pay OUT OF POCKET, and the healthcare companies, hospitals, and employees have to COMPETE for the first time ever, then, and only then, will expenses come back into line with reality.

Yet instead, politicians want to fire up the money printing presses, keep the corporations happy, and buy american votes/voters by offering a product that isn't long term fiscially possible by any fuzzy math available. Hard to blame them for trying, as look how easy it was to spend $1.2 trillion, over the next 10 years, on medicare drug coverage instead of forcing drug companies to simply come into line with much, much lower profit margins that they give the rest of the world, but not Americans. Do you hear that printing press whirling as the politicians keep on vote whoring???

Old 01-27-2008, 11:22 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
i wouldn't be suprised if it was passed in california......only in cal, only in cal my friend
NM too!.........

Old 01-28-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
Free illegal coverage is so far beyond logic it has entered the twillight zone IMHO. As far as all the canidates for President, and many of the state governors thinking that some nationalized forced insurance plan will save American healthcare...each and every one of them fail to address the biggest problem, that healthcare is too expensive. The problem isn't who should pay, the problem is that "HEALTHCARE IS TOO EXPENSIVE".

If America wants to fix healthcare, then both the government, and the employers, should never pay for anyone's healthcare, PERIOD (minus those working, and making less than $12K/year). Then allow a little thing called capitalism, and smart consumer bartering/shopping, to force the inefficient, and highly overpaid healthcare system that is in place today, to fix itself or go bankrupt. Once Americans have to pay OUT OF POCKET, and the healthcare companies, hospitals, and employees have to COMPETE for the first time ever, then, and only then, will expenses come back into line with reality.

Yet instead, politicians want to fire up the money printing presses, keep the corporations happy, and buy american votes/voters by offering a product that isn't long term fiscially possible by any fuzzy math available. Hard to blame them for trying, as look how easy it was to spend $1.2 trillion, over the next 10 years, on medicare drug coverage instead of forcing drug companies to simply come into line with much, much lower profit margins that they give the rest of the world, but not Americans. Do you hear that printing press whirling as the politicians keep on vote whoring???
very well put siberia

Old 01-28-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
NM too!.........
OH NO!!!!! NOT NM TOO. i would have expected more from the new mexicans, despite their name

Old 01-28-2008, 10:50 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
We could see that our former state, CA, was heading in this direction. We had a very nice practice but fled 3 years ago because we simply did not trust Arnold to lead CA in a good direction. I hope that the democrats and republicans come to a meeting of the minds on this one. It is one thing to take care of poor uninsured Americans, but to add this much weight on the backs of the taxpayers is simply too much to ask.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:53 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Why is this even up for vote?? Give me a F'n break!

Old 01-28-2008, 11:32 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Maybe such an inane bill will be the 'tipping point' for California to turn with fury against the illegal immigrants and their enablers.

Personally; I still keep sensing when Calif turns against the illegals---------it will be sudden and fierce compared to even Az/Ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration