U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 03:22 PM

25,341 posts, read 37,471,570 times

Advertisements

I don't want a path for illegals...I want a path for people who are here legally and providing a lot of jobs to Americans!

The dream act should only be for legal alien children and not for illegals...and to me that anchor child can be gone to if the parents are illegally here..

When I came here I had to pay so much money and go through all that paperwork, which we happily did, since we know how bad it is with illegals which we have in Europe, plenty off, just as over here and most are up to not much good...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 03:44 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is nothing new. The DREAM Act amnesty has been around for years, and has been defeated each time, and rightly so.

Furthermore, people aged 18-34 are not “kids.”

Foreign students who abide by our laws must pay higher tuition rates; whereas, illegal students often receive tax-funded in-state tuition. How is that fair to legal students? Why should we ever reward lawbreakers?

Awwwwwwww and so much truth in your words, this discussion should not even be happening. Who said anything about being fair!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2010, 04:45 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't want a path for illegals...I want a path for people who are here legally and providing a lot of jobs to Americans!

The dream act should only be for legal alien children and not for illegals...and to me that anchor child can be gone to if the parents are illegally here..

When I came here I had to pay so much money and go through all that paperwork, which we happily did, since we know how bad it is with illegals which we have in Europe, plenty off, just as over here and most are up to not much good...
Well the so-called Dream Act is ONLY for illegals, which is why your thread was moved here. If you want to discuss legal immigration issues such as E2 visa holders then make a thread pertaining to that (and not the Dream Act) in the LI forum.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:59 PM

Tell me and show me where in the Dream Act it is stating that it is for illegal aliens...I don't see it any where and to me no illegal aliens hould get a path to a greencard if a legal alien can't even get it...!

Old 08-27-2010, 07:20 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times
Quote:
Tell me and show me where in the Dream Act it is stating that it is for illegal aliens...I don't see it any where and to me no illegal aliens hould get a path to a greencard if a legal alien can't even get it...!
Quote:
Under the rigorous provisions of the DREAM Act, qualifying undocumented youth would be eligible for a 6 year long conditional path to citizenship that requires completion of a college degree or two years of military service.
There's your proof

Old 08-28-2010, 08:22 AM

I'm only in favor for the Dream Act for legal aliens children who have no path to a greencard and now have a chance to stay here with their parents who also are here legally!

I'm against illegals who can stay here while legal aliens have a hard time!

Old 08-28-2010, 08:30 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:

That is not what the Dream Act is about. It is not for legal foreign students at all.

People who abide by the law are punished - foreign students who follow the rules pay foreign tuition rates. Those who choose to break the laws and are here illegally expect to be rewarded with free tuition and the Dream Act.

The Dream Act is not just for a free university degree either, it's for anything an illegal wants and all it requires is they get a high school diploma or GED.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:28 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
I'm only in favor for the Dream Act for legal aliens children who have no path to a greencard and now have a chance to stay here with their parents who also are here legally!

I'm against illegals who can stay here while legal aliens have a hard time!
What part of ‘the DREAM Act is ONLY for illegal aliens’ do you not comprehend? The title of your thread is the DREAM Act, not the STEM Act; which, by the way, has already passed. Before you decide to champion a cause, it is wise to gain a thorough understanding of said cause.

You posted a link to the Dream Act Portal Forum. Perhaps you should actually read the threads on that forum, maybe then you will realize they are not legal students. DREAMies are illegal alien students who feel entitled to U.S. citizenship simply because ‘most’ were brought to this country by their lawless parents.

If this bill passes, it will legalize every illegal alien between the ages of 12 and 34. It purports to be an avenue for illegal alien college students to gain legalization. However, if you read the bill, anyone enrolled in our primary or secondary schools who entered this country prior to the age of 16 will qualify.

If you peruse the DAP website, you will also see threads in which they admit to working using fake documents, driving without a license, and traveling to Washington and other states to obtain a driver’s license through fraud and deception. This is what you unwittingly support. Please do your homework.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:28 PM

So basically all E2 visa kids should become illegal to get a path to a greencard...WTF, what kind of immigration law is this...

Old 08-29-2010, 12:46 AM

346 posts, read 616,189 times
Quote:
So basically all E2 visa kids should become illegal to get a path to a greencard...WTF, what kind of immigration law is this...
Basically this is why none of us support the DREAM act or any type of amnesty, although many in the far-left seem to be excited at the idea of rewarding lawbreakers while giving a big "middle finger" to those who came here the legal way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration