U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 10:40 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,349,001 times

Advertisements

I just saw a bit on my local news about El Cenizo, a success story. A story of how well their Spanish speaking government is working for them. The Mayor attributed the success to the fact that they speak spanish, so the people of the community understands their government. Take a look at this site.
homepage2 (broken link)
Quote:
The median income for a household in the city is $13,333, and the median income for a family is $13,438. Males have a median income of $14,200 versus $10,625 for females. The per capita income for the city is $3,610. 68.1% of the population and 66.3% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 74.3% are under the age of 18 and 60.0% are 65 or older.
If you look carefully you will find the new fire station, fire trucks, roads, am activity center, etc. were all purchased with GRANT MONEY! And yet the media is touting this town as a success story! Yeah, successful at sucking us dry! Our town needs a new fire house, but we can't get grant money to pay for it! But they did!
ABOUTMAYOR (http://www.cityofelcenizo.com/PHOTOS.htm - broken link)
Mayor Raul L (http://www.cityofelcenizo.com/mayorreyes.htm - broken link)
Quote:
Weve finally been able to modernize City Hall and bring the useful technological resources to our fast growing city. We have invested taxpayers funds to providing a better facility for programs and services offered to the public.
What taxpayers? They live on 13k a year! Guess they must mean the rest of US?
Quote:
As we continue in our efforts to provide better infrastructure to El Cenizo, weve been able to secure more than 2 million dollars worth of funding. Thanks to our marvelous grant writers at Grants Works out of Austin. As the year ends, we have seen the success of the street paving project, administered by Webb County and the initiation of the construction of our first Fire Station under the administration of our own local government. Im proud to announce that we have invested in an active volunteer force by providing city and federal funds to purchase a used fire truck and equipment to start off. In the months to come we will all enjoy a new Fire Truck that will only help ensure the safety of our community.
And wouldn't that all be great if they actually honored our country's laws? But no, the city employees are not allowed to co-operate with INS/ICE nor report illegal aliens.

But on the news it's touted as a success story. Puh leez
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 10:45 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,229,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I just saw a bit on my local news about El Cenizo, a success story. A story of how well their Spanish speaking government is working for them. The Mayor attributed the success to the fact that they speak spanish, so the people of the community understands their government. Take a look at this site.
homepage2 (broken link)

If you look carefully you will find the new fire station, fire trucks, roads, am activity center, etc. were all purchased with GRANT MONEY! And yet the media is touting this town as a success story! Yeah, successful at sucking us dry! Our town needs a new fire house, but we can't get grant money to pay for it! But they did!
ABOUTMAYOR (http://www.cityofelcenizo.com/PHOTOS.htm - broken link)
Mayor Raul L (http://www.cityofelcenizo.com/mayorreyes.htm - broken link)
What taxpayers? They live on 13k a year! Guess they must mean the rest of US?

And wouldn't that all be great if they actually honored our country's laws? But no, the city employees are not allowed to co-operate with INS/ICE nor report illegal aliens.

But on the news it's touted as a success story. Puh leez
The median age there was like 16 when I checked CD, I believe I posted that in a different post. You know the funny thing, that count is of the LEGAL population(census estimates only count legal population), meaning the only legals in the town were sons and daughters of illegals. A success story, how rediculous.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration