U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:07 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times

Advertisements

"Christian stance on immigration: 'Obey the governing authorities'"

Quote:
Romans 13:1-4:

"Everyone is to obey the governing authorities. . . . (W)hoever resists the authorities is resisting what God has instituted. . . . (F)or he is God's servant, there as an avenger to punish wrongdoers."

by Len Munsil - Aug. 28, 2010 07:39 PM

A number of leading evangelicals recently announced plans to lobby senators in Washington for "comprehensive immigration reform."

I agree with them on many biblical essentials, including fervent opposition to racism and racial profiling and the importance of recognizing the dignity of every person.

Evangelicals must be clear that opposition to illegal immigration has nothing to do with race and that we value Latino Americans and their contribution to the vibrancy of our community, particularly in Arizona.

However, the "comprehensive reform" sought by some evangelical leaders violates biblical notions of Christian ethics, justice and God's purposes for government.

read more...

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...eform-con.html
Len Munsil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 12:55 AM

3,717 posts, read 4,496,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Latino Americans and their contribution to the vibrancy of our community, particularly in Arizona.
Exactly

The law is the law and when the sun goes down
Illegal is still Illegal...It's as simple as that

Old 08-29-2010, 02:32 AM

2,243 posts, read 3,448,826 times
Or, if you're an atheist as am I, you can simply say, "Get out, you're not wanted nor needed here."

Old 08-29-2010, 08:23 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
Or, if you're an atheist as am I, you can simply say, "Get out, you're not wanted nor needed here."
True - but atheists like Christians should be able to see the reason for laws and an orderly process for immigration.

Just like the 72 recently slaughted illegals near Matamoros who paid criminal gangs $15,000 to be smuggled into the USA, and then were shocked that the criminals got greedy and wanted more from them - that's what lawlessness leads to.

The problem of so many people deciding they are above the law has lead to great violence near the border. People deciding to do whatever the hell they want - and break whatever law the hell they want is creating a terrible situation.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:43 PM

9,584 posts, read 20,464,174 times
By the same token are American Christians "sharing all things in common" with Christians in poorer countries like Christians in Acts 2???

Old 08-29-2010, 02:56 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
By the same token are American Christians "sharing all things in common" with Christians in poorer countries like Christians in Acts 2???
What do you think is going on in Haiti?

Old 08-29-2010, 03:26 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,705,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
"Christian stance on immigration: 'Obey the governing authorities'"

by Len Munsil - Aug. 28, 2010 07:39 PM

A number of leading evangelicals recently announced plans to lobby senators in Washington for "comprehensive immigration reform."

I agree with them on many biblical essentials, including fervent opposition to racism and racial profiling and the importance of recognizing the dignity of every person.

Evangelicals must be clear that opposition to illegal immigration has nothing to do with race and that we value Latino Americans and their contribution to the vibrancy of our community, particularly in Arizona.

However, the "comprehensive reform" sought by some evangelical leaders violates biblical notions of Christian ethics, justice and God's purposes for government.

read more...

Christian stance on immigration: 'Obey the governing authorities'
Len Munsil.
Wow, just wow. That's about the biggest crock of ca-ca I've seen in a long time.

One thing about "Christians" that turns my stomach is how they'll twist a bibical scripture to support their stance. It matters not whether the viewpoint is ethical or not----they'll find some way in their wacky heads to justify anything.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:27 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,705,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
Dang, some NDN's started saying that in 1492. All it got them were a bunch of pox infested blankets given to them by the Christians.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:18 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,136,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Wow, just wow. That's about the biggest crock of ca-ca I've seen in a long time.

One thing about "Christians" that turns my stomach is how they'll twist a bibical scripture to support their stance. It matters not whether the viewpoint is ethical or not----they'll find some way in their wacky heads to justify anything.
Do you mean like when Nancy Pelosi was in a trance mentioning "The Word" over and over and over. I was afraid she was going to pull a When Harry met Sally in public. Liberals use God to their advantage, like race and victimization. I don't like to go to an organized churce because every one I have found is pro illegal and I am sick of it. Give your country away in the name of God...yeah right.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:05 PM

953 posts, read 742,077 times
Christian stance on immigration:

Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's...

Obey this Nation's Immigration Laws...and borders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration