Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 09:13 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,328 times

Advertisements

I was dumbfounded when I heard this yesterday, Senator Voinovich is absolutely clueless. I guess it should come as no surprise, I am positive most of these men and women are just as clueless. This man proves that the people in Washington are useless; it also proves that most of them have no idea what they vote on. This guy is up in Washington and he doesn’t even know the outcome of a vote. Pathetic!!!

Quote:
WASHINGTON – Sen. George Voinovich, R-Ohio, misunderstood the results of a vote on an amendment to the "comprehensive immigration reform" bill being debated in the upper house today.

He also is apparently unfamiliar with efforts to re-impose the Fairness Doctrine on broadcasters operating on the public airwaves.

But it was nationally syndicated radio talk-show host Sean Hannity's persistent grilling about the senator's intentions on key cloture votes leading to a showdown on what is characterized as an "amnesty" bill that caused Voinovich to melt down before millions of listeners today.

The normally low-profile Republican hung up on the No. 2 talk host in the country.

The key sticking point in the conversation was Hannity's question as to whether the senator had done a cost analysis on the bill. The Heritage Foundation, a conservative think-tank, estimates the bill would cost the American taxpayers $2.5 trillion.
Quote:
Voinovich also asserted efforts in the Senate earlier in the day were successful at amending the immigration bill to require illegal aliens to return to their nation of origin before getting on a path for a green card. When Hannity pointed out the measure failed in a 53-45 vote, Voinovich seemed stunned.

"He doesn't even know what the Fairness Doctrine is," exclaimed Hannity. "He doesn't even know the outcome of a vote in the Senate today. And he gets mad at me when I try to explain it to him!"
Continues w/audio
WorldNetDaily: Voinovich self-destructs on Hannity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 10:40 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
LMAO! That's funny 'cause I just sent him a nasty-gram this morning saying that he a lost cause and I wasn't wasting anymore time on him.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:43 AM
JD.

199 posts, read 487,815 times
He did vote against cloture, so at least he's a useful idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration