Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 11:53 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times

Advertisements

This is a stupid idiotic ignorant classless act. This should scare some of you, what kind of action is this. Impeached could not come soon enough, what the hek is he thinking. So many of my democratic friends, who supported him, very heavy during the time he was running up until about 8 months ago, have had it with Obama, would also like to see him impeached, this last act did it for some of them. What has he done for us the People, not any special intrerest group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 01:03 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Not only is ICE refusing to arrest so-called “non-criminal” illegals, they are now releasing illegals from jail if they pose no threat.

In other words, all illegal aliens currently in this country who have not been caught committing a violent crime are eligible for amnesty.

Illegal immigrants not accused of crimes may get a break - The Denver Post

Quote:
“non-criminal” illegals

the act of crossing the border illegally is a crime in itself and makes each and every illegal alien a criminal alien. so in fact ICE should be detaining for transport back to the counrty from where they came from since they are all criminals.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:39 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Where was this outrage when Bush was doing the same thing. Amnesty for illegals per Bush administration.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:15 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Where was this outrage when Bush was doing the same thing. Amnesty for illegals per Bush administration.
Try searching older posts in this forum if you think there was no outrage under Bush re illegal immigration.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:00 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
There was plenty of outrage. The phone lines and fax machines in our government offices were shut down due to so much opposition to another amnesty.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:46 PM

894 posts, read 1,126,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut
There was plenty of outrage. The phone lines and fax machines in our government offices were shut down due to so much opposition to another amnesty.
Hear! Hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker
My Mom's a retired cop, Republican, and voted for Bush twice. She's been part of NumbersUSA for the past 9 years. When Bush was in office she sent tons of faxes in (along with the rest of the NumbersUSA crowd) expressing their disgust over illegal immigration, the Bush administration's failure to complete the border fence, and our lack of necessary border patrol agents in order to secure our borders.

Illegal immigration has been a problem during EVERY presidential administration for the past 20+ years and NOT ONE of them has done anything about it. The people have been complaining, and rightly so -- but those complaints have fallen on deaf ears.

But what's changed is, suddenly there is a political voice that is willing to represent the will of the people. Her name ... Jan Brewer.

THAT'S what's made all the difference! Because of HER, other politicians are finally willing to listen to what "we the people" have been asking them to take care of for more than 20+ years.

Thank God for Jan Brewer!

Old 09-05-2010, 07:53 PM

255 posts, read 219,379 times
I believe (provided it isn't already being done), one thing INS/ICE should be doing is fingerprinting the illegals that are apprehended and putting those in a database. Seriously, aside from a few other details how much paperwork does there really have to be?

Some might say this next idea borders on the drastic, but drastic times yadda yadda....

I think it would also be a wise idea to take a DNA sample from illegals detained. It would not be a violation of any civil rights because illegals do not possess civil rights as defined under our Constitution. It would go a long way to ID those who are trying to break into our country. When/if someone is granted citizenship, delete them from that system obviously.

Your thoughts?

Old 09-05-2010, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,108 times
Default Illegal alien here

My name is Maria Biron and I have been living in Maspeth NY illegally for 5 years. My visa has expired and now I want to go home to Italy but I dont know how. Im afraid I will get into trouble. maria981g at yahoo.com.
646.431.5627, help

Old 09-05-2010, 08:23 PM

894 posts, read 1,126,750 times
Maria, seriously ... if you're wanting to go home, just do it. You can go to the Italian Consulate and tell them your situation and they will help you. That's what they're there for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration