U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 04:11 PM

384 posts, read 852,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
Is it really over? Wow. Sadly, I feel like it was the people vs. the government. In total opposition to what we were founded on.

Not really!! Our government was very much founded on colonial opposition to the existing British crown government. This is how we will get things done if the majority of Americans will pull together for common sense and upholding our cultural and legal tenets. America is at a very serious crossroads where not unlike the colonies; true representation is non-existent. The majority must become more involved and make their demands known. Its our country not the governments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 04:32 PM

233 posts, read 390,621 times
Talking We need to keep it up

We really need to keep the pressure up on all of this. I think it is now time to insist on ENFORCEMENT of the laws already on the books and for those in "sanctuary" cities to concentrate at your local level to get those policies changed and illegals caught and deported. Keep emailing, faxing and calling about the need to put more active ICE agents in the cities to actively look for and detain illegals for deportation, GET THE DAMN FENCE BUILT. Let them all know that their jobs still depend on following the laws on the books already and that you are keeping track of their records on this issue come election time. I thank all of you here for coming together to fight this............this is truly a great day for our children and the legacy we will leave them!

Old 06-28-2007, 04:56 PM
jco

2,120 posts, read 5,872,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
Not really!! Our government was very much founded on colonial opposition to the existing British crown government. This is how we will get things done if the majority of Americans will pull together for common sense and upholding our cultural and legal tenets. America is at a very serious crossroads where not unlike the colonies; true representation is non-existent. The majority must become more involved and make their demands known. Its our country not the governments.
Good point. I meant that our politicians are supposed to serve the people and now it seems they are against us.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:05 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,764,749 times
I still don't trust them, their going to hope all the hoopla quites down and gloat and bloat about how they listened to the people and while they think our backs are turned, they are going to try an sneak something through after the next election as they'll think we have forgotten and will forget before the next election ... I don't trust'em any further than I can throw them ... and I think they all need to be thrown out.
Mark my word they'll not give up and try to sneak something past us.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:07 PM
jco

2,120 posts, read 5,872,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
I still don't trust them, their going to hope all the hoopla quites down and gloat and bloat about how they listened to the people and while they think our backs are turned, they are going to try an sneak something through after the next election as they'll think we have forgotten and will forget before the next election ... I don't trust'em any further than I can throw them ... and I think they all need to be thrown out.
Mark my word they'll not give up and try to sneak something past us.
This is always the way. It seems that they throw something totally shocking out so that we're desensitized to the next thing they think up.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:20 PM

1,663 posts, read 2,219,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Ok, we won this time, but can we afford to go back to business as usual? What about border security? What about enforcing existing immigration laws? I urge you to use this momentum to push for real enforcement of border security and immigration laws. If we don't do anything now, the cycles of more illegals and more amnesty Bills will continue endlessly.
This was my reaction also...we absolutely have to keep the momentum up and keep pushing forward till they actually start inforcing the laws and get the Wall built. The wall will help keep future illegals out and inforcing the laws...like fining employers who hire them, making it harder for them to find employment, hopefully will make illegals return home. I plan to call those Senators who listened to us, to thank them. I plan to keep after my Senators and Governor about enforcing the law...but since I live in California, I'm not too hopeful there!

Old 06-28-2007, 05:27 PM

1,663 posts, read 2,219,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
Yeeee-haawwww!!!!

It Is Time To Regain Control Of The Nation. The War Begins now.
YES!!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2007, 05:54 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,354,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
Excellent post!

Old 06-28-2007, 05:56 PM
JD. JD. started this thread

198 posts, read 434,322 times
I would remind everyone that wasn't able to watch CSPAN-2 today (I was glued to it like it was the friggin Super Bowl), that almost everyone who was pro-amnesty made it a point to smear public opposition to this bill. In fact, Dick Durbin reffered to all the phone calls as a 'dark and evil force'. Then they began to call us racist bigots (thank you Ted Kennedy), and Reid wanted the Senators to be brave and ignore the hateful few in America that opposed this bill. Remember them come election day, please.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:00 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,354,642 times
The hateful few???? Blast the bastid. Don't think he has to worry about me voting for him. Not that I would have anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration