U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 07:16 AM

5 posts, read 7,817 times

Advertisements

I sure would like to see all those US citizens doing landscaping, washing dishes, cleaning other peoples houses, construction, etc.

Last edited by ali64; 06-29-2007 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: miss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 07:28 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,951,745 times
Happy day after "No Amnesty" day!

Old 06-29-2007, 08:23 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,021,239 times
Quote:
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/immigr...2007-06-28.html

Republican foes of the measure argued that the American public was broadly united in opposition to the bill and had made its views known by flooding Congress with phone calls and e-mails.

“What part of ‘no’ don’t we understand?,” asked Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.), who said the immigration fight had “reengaged the American people.”

YEAH!!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2007, 09:43 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,350,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali64 View Post
I sure would like to see all those US citizens doing landscaping, washing dishes, cleaning other peoples houses, construction, etc.
Come to my town, you'll see it all done everyday by AMERICANS. We don't have a large population of minorities, but the ones we do have are mostly NOT in manual labor posistions.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:30 AM

5 posts, read 7,817 times
Exactly, you are in a small town. It's the larger cities that have and need a mixture of all types.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:58 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,648,033 times
Quote:
Exactly, you are in a small town. It's the larger cities that have and need a mixture of all types.
Regardless, regardless, regardless...you don't reward law breakers with green cards and a path to citizenship. My wife and I went through the legal hoops to become citizens just as so many others are waiting and spending thousands of dollars are doing today. We've been hearing a lot of garbage about the fairness doctrine in the aftermath of all this...here it's simply a question of fairness to those who are playing by the rules.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:31 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,696,579 times
Quote:
Yeah? So what? I've done all of those. Who do you think does those jobs in cities and towns with a low illegal incursion percentage? When Bush and the Bushie-ites state that Mexican illegals are doing the jobs "Americans" won't do--what they mean is that they are doing the jobs that affluent white people can afford to pay others to do.

Personally, I am not an affluent white person. I am a poor mixbreed American mutt, a little Norwegian, a little Scottish, a little Native American--100% American--working my way through college, and I for one, am happy to have any of those jobs you mentioned. And I know for a fact that I am not alone in this.

What you really mean is that those are the jobs that Americans won't do for slave wages. What you are truly promoting in the enslavement of an entire geo-political class of people for the convenience of big business and the upper class crust.

Americans have never had a problem doing an honest day's work. We just expect an honest day's pay for doing it.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:38 PM

384 posts, read 851,184 times
Quote:
So who do you think was doing it before all the illegals came in and elected to work for cheap? Let's see; I washed dishes in restaurants and did construction for many years.

Anyone else that's legal ever do this type of work before?

Old 06-29-2007, 07:04 PM

52 posts, read 119,401 times
I've cooked pizza, washed dishes and now do housekeeping and laundry at a nursing home (let me tell ya, it ain't pretty!).
So don't even tell me that Americans won't do ANY job!

Old 06-29-2007, 07:09 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,009,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
So who do you think was doing it before all the illegals came in and elected to work for cheap? Let's see; I washed dishes in restaurants and did construction for many years.

Anyone else that's legal ever do this type of work before?
I certainly did. After I graduated from high school and enrolled in college I did all kinds of work. I washed dishes, bused tables, mowed lawns and anything else I could to make ends meet. I was young with no job skills and still had to pay my rent.

The larger cities are magnets for illegals because of the sanctuary cities that have been established and because of all the social service networks that have been set up.

We have reached the point where we have so many illegals here they have become economic terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration