U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 09:33 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,346,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali64 View Post
Exactly, you are in a small town. It's the larger cities that have and need a mixture of all types.
HUH??? All types of what? All types of Americans? Well, we DO have that; sure, we have some Mexicans, some Blacks, some other nationalities that I'm not sure what they are - but who the hell cares because they are all Americans! And when I say Americans I include LEGAL IMMIGRANTS! And guess what? We have WHITE men that provide lawn care! Even MORE SHOCKING, is we have TEENS that do lawn care! Just like in Leave it to Beaver or something! Can you imagine such a thing?

We are mostly Ag in this community. Long hours of back breaking manual labor, building fence, sorting cattle, working the fields and guess what! It's AMERICANS doing it! We don't need illegal aliens here any more than big cities need illegal aliens. There is no justification for illegal aliens to be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
So who do you think was doing it before all the illegals came in and elected to work for cheap? Let's see; I washed dishes in restaurants and did construction for many years.

Anyone else that's legal ever do this type of work before?
Hey Kate! I've done laundry in a nursing home too! Now I work in the office for the same facility
I've been a dishwasher, house painter, waitress, kennel keeper for a vet clinic, groom at a horse stable, stall mucker, baker for the school, dishwasher for a restraunt, fast food employee then asst. mgr, barmaid, pizza cook, flowershop prep, concession stand at a movie theatre, fast food, fast food, fast food, mower at the golf course, fence builder, ranch hand - whatever jobs I could find, I worked, to survive! So do I believe this hooey that there are any jobs Americans won't do? No way.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:42 PM

8 posts, read 40,457 times
Default Immigration

Very glad to hear that this didn't pass! What the heck are they ALL thinking?

We need to enforce our existing laws and get that wall built!

So sick of seeing and hearing Kennedy WHINE!

Old 06-30-2007, 10:40 AM
JD. JD. started this thread

198 posts, read 433,600 times
Chele123, so how is Liberal/Dodge City these days? Last time I checked it was the Mexican embassy, really sad.

NOTE: I am not racist or a Mexican hater, I just have seen what illegal immigrants have done to certain communities near me, and the crime and problems that they burden police with.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:10 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,894,180 times
Yes, great victory, for now! But these sheisters are in their positions to help themselves and their own numerous "agendas". We are just gnats on their flyswatter, but need to become mad hornets from here on out. Watch for them to go back to the "backrooms" for more angles, keep watch....

Old 06-30-2007, 12:01 PM

96 posts, read 250,276 times
FOR RESULTS AS WELL AS PHONE NUMBERS OF SENATORS, REPS ETC.
FREE FAXES TO YOUR REP. IN WASHNGTON AND THE YOUR STATE.

TRY.........

numbersusa.com

LOVE THE U.S.A.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:36 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Ok, we won this time, but can we afford to go back to business as usual? What about border security? What about enforcing existing immigration laws? I urge you to use this momentum to push for real enforcement of border security and immigration laws. If we don't do anything now, the cycles of more illegals and more amnesty Bills will continue endlessly.
I am glad our collective efforts paid off, yaa-hoo! I agree that we cannot forget this and allow business as usual. We have to urge our states law makers to enforce existing laws. Everyone start calling your local sheriff depts if you know of any illegals, report people that employ them, and lets not forget to keep calling/faxing our Senators or Governors to enforce our borders. That law was already passed!
Way to go Americans!

Old 06-30-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD. View Post
Chele123, so how is Liberal/Dodge City these days? Last time I checked it was the Mexican embassy, really sad.

NOTE: I am not racist or a Mexican hater, I just have seen what illegal immigrants have done to certain communities near me, and the crime and problems that they burden police with.
I don't spend much time in Liberal. I have been through it a couple of times, and hauled a patient there once. That's about it for Liberal. Dodge City must be 60-75% hispanic. 90% of them don't speak English and I suspect most of those are illegals. It went downhill fast after the amnesty of 86. You can't even get in the park on weekends anymore and you dang sure don't want to go to Wal-mart on a Sunday! You won't hear english spoken and you'll have a heck of a time getting your cart down the aisles. Ya know, when I first moved to Dodge City in 85 there was a large population of Asians and Mexicans. Everybody seemed to kind of respect each other. Not really segregation, but we all gave each other space (in a respectful way). It was a great place to live, small town living but in a big enough town to have some conveniences. Then it got overrun with illegal aliens and it seemed racial tensions soared, especially between the Asians and Mexicans. Over the years most of the Asians have moved on and now the largest population seems to be hispanic. I haven't looked at the stats, just my observation. Luckily for me I don't live in Dodge anymore, I left in 96, I just go there now to shop every month or so.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:33 PM

1,406 posts, read 4,590,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali64 View Post
I sure would like to see all those US citizens doing landscaping, washing dishes, cleaning other peoples houses, construction, etc.

We've seen a lot of people out of work in construction here...partly because of the building slow down, the remainder because the illegals will do the work cheaper than the citizens because it costs more when only one family lives in a house and you have to actually pay your medical, rent, driver's license, tags, insurances, taxes.....do you not understand this at all?

Old 06-30-2007, 07:45 PM

1,406 posts, read 4,590,750 times
Default Senate Votes

Senators voting FOR amnesty:
Akaka (D-HI)
Bennett (R-UT)
Biden (D-DE)
Boxer (D-CA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Conrad (D-ND)
Craig (R-ID)
Dodd (D-CT)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagel (R-NE)
Inouye (D-HI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lott (R-MS)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McCain (R-AZ)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Obama (D-IL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Salazar (D-CO)
Schumer (D-NY)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)

Voting NO:
Alexander (R-TN)
Allard (R-CO)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Bond (R-MO)
Brown (D-OH)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burr (R-NC)
Byrd (D-WV)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Coleman (R-MN)
Collins (R-ME)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Dole (R-NC)
Domenici (R-NM)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Grassley (R-IA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Landrieu (D-LA)
McCaskill (D-MO)
McConnell (R-KY)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Nelson (D-NE)
Pryor (D-AR)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Smith (R-OR)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Stevens (R-AK)
Sununu (R-NH)
Tester (D-MT)
Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (R-VA)
Webb (D-VA)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration