U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2010, 10:09 AM
 
344 posts, read 153,040 times
Reputation: 46

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Allrighty then. Kiddo, you seem to have found all the answers, Good luck in your cause. Do us all a favor and keep out of our wallets. As long as you don't answer any of the other posters questions honestly this thread is going nowhere. Oh and someday try to slide over from the far left...
Again I've answered only the questions that aren't skewed. I will answer questions like "Is it okay that illegal immigrants steal money from the American public to fund vicious drug wars?" That's obviously not an intelligently formulated question.

I don't think you love your country. I think that you superficially embrace an antiquated notion of nationalism. I think that you don't want to delve into the real issues regarding our nation's problems. It's painfully obvious that anyone that disagrees with your stance will be met with a barrage of insults and hyper nationalistic stance. There's no substance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2010, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Tokyo (but will always be) Phoenix, Az
932 posts, read 1,640,789 times
Reputation: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
Again I've answered only the questions that aren't skewed. I will answer questions like "Is it okay that illegal immigrants steal money from the American public to fund vicious drug wars?" That's obviously not an intelligently formulated question.

I don't think you love your country. I think that you superficially embrace an antiquated notion of nationalism. I think that you don't want to delve into the real issues regarding our nation's problems. It's painfully obvious that anyone that disagrees with your stance will be met with a barrage of insults and hyper nationalistic stance. There's no substance.
After reading this whole thread, and seeing how you never answer anyone questions I think it's safe to say that no amount of satistics or data you pulled from sites will change the fact that illegal immigration has a negative impact on society. The fact that you try to prove everyone wrong on a controversial issue just proves ignorance. Answer this without facts, why does just about every other country in the world have strict immigration laws?
"Put aside logic, and do what feels right"- Spok to Spok.
And do you feel good about supporting illegals coming into our country, murdering our inhabitants, devestating buisnesses, protetsting on our streets for more rights, laying waste to natural eco-systems while they cross over, and having birth to more of those who will do the same thing in later generations? So tell me, why are you so oblivious to the fact of what illegals are doing in this country is bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 01:54 AM
 
344 posts, read 153,040 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
After reading this whole thread, and seeing how you never answer anyone questions I think it's safe to say that no amount of satistics or data you pulled from sites will change the fact that illegal immigration has a negative impact on society. The fact that you try to prove everyone wrong on a controversial issue just proves ignorance. Answer this without facts, why does just about every other country in the world have strict immigration laws?
"Put aside logic, and do what feels right"- Spok to Spok.
And do you feel good about supporting illegals coming into our country, murdering our inhabitants, devestating buisnesses, protetsting on our streets for more rights, laying waste to natural eco-systems while they cross over, and having birth to more of those who will do the same thing in later generations? So tell me, why are you so oblivious to the fact of what illegals are doing in this country is bad?
I have answered questions. I'm simply explaining that there is a moderate way. I agreed on some points and disagreed with others. What proves ignorance is when you go by gut feelings to dictate policy.

Other countries also have strict policies regarding speaking out against government officials. Should we adopt those laws?

Tell me, why you're oblivious to the fact that time and time again we know that the issue isn't clear cut. That there have been some net benefits to illegal immigration as well as net costs. It's not that easy of an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 07:53 AM
 
5,904 posts, read 6,354,513 times
Reputation: 5447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
I have answered questions. I'm simply explaining that there is a moderate way. I agreed on some points and disagreed with others. What proves ignorance is when you go by gut feelings to dictate policy.

Other countries also have strict policies regarding speaking out against government officials. Should we adopt those laws?

Tell me, why you're oblivious to the fact that time and time again we know that the issue isn't clear cut. That there have been some net benefits to illegal immigration as well as net costs. It's not that easy of an issue.
The fact is many Americans feel the cost outweighs the benefits, adding the fact that they are breaking the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 11:57 AM
 
344 posts, read 153,040 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The fact is many Americans feel the cost outweighs the benefits, adding the fact that they are breaking the law.
But again, what is reality? If the law doesn't accurately reflect the actual benefits and costs, then it should be changed. Many people broke the law in the past as a means to change it. Obviously those laws weren't as serious as murder or rape. I feel that immigration needs reform to accurately aid the actuality of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Tokyo (but will always be) Phoenix, Az
932 posts, read 1,640,789 times
Reputation: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
I have answered questions. I'm simply explaining that there is a moderate way. I agreed on some points and disagreed with others. What proves ignorance is when you go by gut feelings to dictate policy.

Other countries also have strict policies regarding speaking out against government officials. Should we adopt those laws?

Tell me, why you're oblivious to the fact that time and time again we know that the issue isn't clear cut. That there have been some net benefits to illegal immigration as well as net costs. It's not that easy of an issue.
Well the only benifits of illegal immigration are the ones that the illegals recieve. For every illegal who benefits from America it undoubtably destroys or disrupts a few more American citizens. And yes we should adapt some of those laws. Illegal immigration not only is being our country down but it also brings the country the illegals who are eminating from down with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2010, 01:13 AM
 
344 posts, read 153,040 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Well the only benifits of illegal immigration are the ones that the illegals recieve. For every illegal who benefits from America it undoubtably destroys or disrupts a few more American citizens. And yes we should adapt some of those laws. Illegal immigration not only is being our country down but it also brings the country the illegals who are eminating from down with it.
Social security is actually humming longer. The average American is wealthier. Wage depression is greatly argued upon. However, the main reason why it's argued upon is only because there are other factors involved wit the industries that poorer Americans are in (automation and outsourcing notably). It actually contributes significantly to Mexico. There are obviously problems. It would be hypocritical (I know that some on this board do this) to not accept the entirety of the data available (again, many decide not to, only follow their own beliefs). This can be alleviated by policy changes. Tax revenue from illegal immigrants could increase significantly if there were changes. So I think it's better for the American public to take into consideration all data involved. It'll create a more nuanced picture of immigration which would be more accurate of reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top