U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-02-2010, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
so you are saying 8 million illegals are employed? oh ok, so that leaves 3 million unemployed. (latest estimates are 11 million illegals in the US)

ya, those could be the children.
They have been using that figure for at least a decade. We all know there are more than 11 or 12 million illegals in this country. During the 1986 amnesty, they “estimated” there were 1 million illegals. In reality, there were close to 3 million. Most likely, we have 30 million illegals. Offer them amnesty, and we will discover the 11-12 million estimate is grossly miscalculated. They don’t want us to know the true magnitude of this invasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-02-2010, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,464 posts, read 7,555,950 times
Reputation: 12132
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
Whether i am sympathetic to IA's or not has little to do with being able to deconstruct any dubious analagy (the topic of this thread).satisfied?
Not really. It was roughly similar to the evasive answer I was expecting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 06:00 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
Reputation: 2244
make your point. i prefer to stay on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Not really. It was roughly similar to the evasive answer I was expecting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times
Reputation: 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
a made a point. you could only come back with a personal attack...

That was not a "personal attack" the "you" in the comment was meant generally.........

Would you have preferred I'd said "if one" rather than "if you" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
30 million?!

wow. the hysterics around here.
If we had triple the number estimated in 1986, why should we not expect similar results today? Moreover, if we had 12 million here in 1999, and an average 500,000 have entered annually, how the heck do we still have 11-12 million?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 09:47 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If we had triple the number estimated in 1986, why should we not expect similar results today? Moreover, if we had 12 million here in 1999, and an average 500,000 have entered annually, how the heck do we still have 11-12 million?
That is the question that the pro-illegals refuse to acknowledge the answer to. They know, they just want to play down the numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 11:42 PM
 
Location: texas
155 posts, read 146,202 times
Reputation: 23
heres my thought,

this country has the quote "in god we trust"

I dont say we deserve punishment from god himself.

our illegal immigration problem

goes down like this, this country can say proudly that they have fought for labor rights at every corner of americas working environment.

were sanctioning cuba, iran, north korea etc, were liberating countries just to justify that we did not mispent money, we were liberating and making the world a better place.

well mexico and the rest of the countries that are illegal workforce are they ones practically telling americans, u protect yourselfs from ur companies but you dont embargo the ones that exploit cheap labor.

so mexicans that are sitting here taking your jobs, are the ones saying if I can live with the minimum that a company can pay me in mexico, then you can also live with a wage that exploits yourself as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2010, 03:28 AM
Yac
 
5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
Everybody please calm down.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2010, 07:54 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by inturbide1981 View Post
heres my thought,

this country has the quote "in god we trust"

I dont say we deserve punishment from god himself.

our illegal immigration problem

goes down like this, this country can say proudly that they have fought for labor rights at every corner of americas working environment.

were sanctioning cuba, iran, north korea etc, were liberating countries just to justify that we did not mispent money, we were liberating and making the world a better place.

well mexico and the rest of the countries that are illegal workforce are they ones practically telling americans, u protect yourselfs from ur companies but you dont embargo the ones that exploit cheap labor.

so mexicans that are sitting here taking your jobs, are the ones saying if I can live with the minimum that a company can pay me in mexico, then you can also live with a wage that exploits yourself as well.
What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2010, 05:30 PM
 
Location: texas
155 posts, read 146,202 times
Reputation: 23
Default what i am saying

hopefully you understand me this time, sorry for the previous comment, let me make it more understadable.

millions of mexicans work for maquiladoras for 2 dollars a day, some mexicans produce cars, televisions, computers for the american market, their like the chinese workers there producing but they dont make enough to buy it.

who benefits? american consumers, so if the corporations that left the american mainland because of higher wages, more regulations go to countries like mexico to exploit their labor force.

if we as a country preach liberty, democracy for all of us. how can we preach that illegals consume and destroy everything they touch?

when millions of poor people around the world, are feeding our consumer habit at the penny level, thats the reason our trade balance is so mess up.

because simply were benefitting from cheap products, cheap financing etc
hopefully you get the picture

so for example just at the border if theres 1.2 million workers working for 40 hours, x 52 weeks at two dollars an hour, thats 5.4 billion in wages,

now hold that thought for a second imagine if the companies would pay them what an american worker makes minimum wage? at 7.25 that would be 18 billion dollars

conclusion thats 3 TIMES MORE than what there receiving now,
so as an american consumer, were not being good neighbors, the rich exploit the poor, and then claim that in actuallity their helping their cause

now do u want to add? chinese workers working for american overseas corporations? guatemala? etc etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top