U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 09:25 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/01/he...dy.html?ref=us

Quote:
Thirty-eight end-stage renal patients, most of them illegal immigrants, would receive the dialysis they need to stay alive at no cost under a rough agreement brokered Tuesday among local dialysis providers and Atlanta’s safety-net hospital, Grady Memorial.
This is ridiculous. Mexico is not a poor nation. Why do Mexican nationals believe that American taxpayers should pay millions to provide services for them? Carlos Slim is the world's richest man and a Mexican. Why isn't he responsible for his countrymen instead of the taxpayers of Atlanta? Why isn't the Mexican government being sued for repayment?

I feel sorry for these people but ultimately the only people to blame for their problems are their own home governments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 01:10 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times
Thanks for the link and posting - I was stunned to learn how this had played out.

They sued the hospital (there's gratitude for you) and LOST and yet now they STILL get the benefits of free dialysis? How many indigent AMERICANS lose a place in the dialysis centre to accomodate these freeloading leeches?

This is just beyond belief.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:37 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Each time I hear of an illegal receiving kidney dialysis or organ transplants it makes me sick to my stomach. One of my closest friends lost her sister who languished on the waiting list for a heart transplant. She was only in her 30’s, and left behind a husband and two small children. During that same period, a Mexican illegal received not one, but two heart/lung transplants. This just boils my blood.

We should not provide tax-funded dialysis for illegal aliens, period. Particularly, as long as we have citizens dying because they are uninsured and can’t afford this life-saving treatment. Moreover, no other country would provide for foreign invaders to the detriment of its own citizens. Yet, these ingrates have the audacity to sue.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:45 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,108,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Each time I hear of an illegal receiving kidney dialysis or organ transplants it makes me sick to my stomach. One of my closest friends lost her sister who languished on the waiting list for a heart transplant. She was only in her 30’s, and left behind a husband and two small children. During that same period, a Mexican illegal received not one, but two heart/lung transplants. This just boils my blood.

We should not provide tax-funded dialysis for illegal aliens, period. Particularly, as long as we have citizens dying because they are uninsured and can’t afford this life-saving treatment. Moreover, no other country would provide for foreign invaders to the detriment of its own citizens. Yet, these ingrates have the audacity to sue.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am angry too.

What a stupid situation. Criminals rewarded for being criminals,
while real citizens languish, and die.

I can not voice how I really feel, I would be banned.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:51 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I am so sorry for your loss. I am angry too.

What a stupid situation. Criminals rewarded for being criminals,
while real citizens languish, and die.

I can not voice how I really feel, I would be banned.
Thank you. If I expressed my heart, I too, would be banned.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:01 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,136,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank you. If I expressed my heart, I too, would be banned.
How sad and I am also very sorry for the loss. Why should Americans be pushed to the back burner when it is Americans footing the bill? I would have sued, but we all know how the courts would probably rule on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or