U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:09 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Either way, we pay. Who do you think pays the judgesí salaries, and other court costs for deportation hearings?

Furthermore, my location is irrelevant. Illegal immigration is not restricted to your region of the country. We have millions of illegal aliens on the East Coast; and, we also pay for their incarceration, legal representation, etc. You may be a point of entry, but no state has been spared from this scourge.

BTW, my state is also considering a similar law. I wholeheartedly support it.
Then go do something about that Chicken processing Plant in Salisbury. It's full of illegals and no one is going after it's owner. You don't need a new law hiring illegals is already illegal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
if an amnesty is rammed thru there will be no illegal immigrants to deport, only loyal obama voters.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:14 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Then go do something about that Chicken processing Plant in Salisbury. It's full of illegals and no one is going after it's owner. You don't need a new law hiring illegals is already illegal
Since you seem to be privy to that information why don't you as a loyal American report them to ICE?

Old 09-03-2010, 11:55 AM

16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Since you seem to be privy to that information why don't you as a loyal American report them to ICE?
He's in Maryland, if he wants to do something except complain he can do that. I'm in Arizona, far enough south that I go through a checkpoint to get anywhere. The Border Patrol is doing a fine job here. I get tired of hearing from people who know nothing what the situation here is.
If you really want to do something, go look at your local meat packing or chicken processing plant at change of shift. The only way to stop it is to cut off the jobs. To do that we need to go after the employers.
Under existing Federal Law an owner here was just jailed for 2 years.
So rather than whine about some imaginary situation the Wahabi Prince at GOBP/FOX dreamed up to divide us, do something yourself

Old 09-03-2010, 01:49 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Do you have an inside source at this chicken processing plant? If not, what proof do you have that itís ďfull of illegals?Ē Surely, you arenít assuming they are illegal simply because theyíre Hispanic.

I donít live near Salisbury, and have no knowledge of chicken plants or any other businesses in that area. Why not post the name of the plant, and your concrete evidence of their illegal employment practices. Otherwise, youíre just blowing smoke. In case you donít know, ICE will not investigate an employer simply on a whim, or because Boompa says itís true.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:59 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
He's in Maryland, if he wants to do something except complain he can do that. I'm in Arizona, far enough south that I go through a checkpoint to get anywhere. The Border Patrol is doing a fine job here. I get tired of hearing from people who know nothing what the situation here is.
If you really want to do something, go look at your local meat packing or chicken processing plant at change of shift. The only way to stop it is to cut off the jobs. To do that we need to go after the employers.
Under existing Federal Law an owner here was just jailed for 2 years.
So rather than whine about some imaginary situation the Wahabi Prince at GOBP/FOX dreamed up to divide us, do something yourself
She is in Maryland. Furthermore, you donít know me to comment on what I am or am not doing. Moreover, I do not disparage the Border Patrol. I realize they have a dangerous and thankless job, and have their hands tied behind their backs. My issue is with the so-called leadership who refuse to enforce our laws. Tell me, if our borders are so secure, why are illegals streaming into our country daily by the thousands?

As a citizen of this country, I have as much at stake as border residents. After all, those entering through our porous borders manage to find their way to every region of this country.

I am not a Fox viewer (other than football), nor a Republican, so you can save it. However, it is not my imagination that we have untold millions of illegal aliens in this country. Nor am I imagining their impact on our social services, schools, ERs, and low-wage earners.

If anyone is whining, it is pro-illegals who fear their precious interlopers may be forced to leave. If you believe this is a GOP divisive tactic, you are obviously clueless. The division is being orchestrated by both parties who have a vested interest in the continuation of illegal immigration. Open you eyes, and your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or