U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2010, 08:40 PM
 
344 posts, read 152,933 times
Reputation: 46

Advertisements

I really want people to give me evidence that America is headed in the wrong direction by illegal immigrants and their supporters. Also please post if you are a tea party member or not. I want to write a series of blogs chronicling this divisive political climate (tea party members, Obama supporters, anti-illegal proponents, etc.).

Full disclosure, I personally don't feel that's the case...but I really don't want to debate the issue. I simply want to get YOUR facts and opinions. If I ever complete this project I'll give you (plural) a link to see your statements.

Ideally it would be a series of blogs centered around a theme. That theme would then be used as a segue into the actual conversation. Initially using "This American Life" as a template.

So thanks in advance for your help on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2010, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Just peruse the threads on this forum, and youíll find more than enough evidence. Iím not a Tea Party member, nor a Republican, nor white, nor an Obama-basher; and, I donít get involved in the right/left squabbles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2010, 08:53 PM
 
344 posts, read 152,933 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Just peruse the threads on this forum, and youíll find more than enough evidence. Iím not a Tea Party member, nor a Republican, nor white, nor an Obama-basher; and, I donít get involved in the right/left squabbles.
I have a little, and frankly some things are more based in opinion as opposed to fact (little citations, more anecdotal evidence, stuff along those lines). Which is fine for this forum. I'm assuming the vast majority of people here are anti-illegal. If that's the case, there really isn't really a need to convince others. Seeing if you already agree on the issue, then you can be sloppy with research. That's just my initial feeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2010, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
I have a little, and frankly some things are more based in opinion as opposed to fact (little citations, more anecdotal evidence, stuff along those lines). Which is fine for this forum. I'm assuming the vast majority of people here are anti-illegal. If that's the case, there really isn't really a need to convince others. Seeing if you already agree on the issue, then you can be sloppy with research. That's just my initial feeling.
Sloppy with research? Would you care to expound? If you consider the info on this forum biased or sloppy, please provide credible data to refute it. I have no agenda, so I am always receptive to facts.

And, my initial feeling is, you have been here before. Am I right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2010, 09:11 PM
 
344 posts, read 152,933 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sloppy with research? Would you care to expound? If you consider the info on this forum biased or sloppy, please provide credible data to refute it. I have no agenda, so I am always receptive to facts.

And, my initial feeling is, you have been here before. Am I right?
Let's calm down a little. I've been on pro-illegal forums and they too are sloppy with research. Anytime you have a group of people who agree with each other, research will be sloppy. It's just a fact. It's not an indictment.

Again, I'm not here to refute claims; I stated that in the beginning. If you don't want to participate, you don't have to. I'm just a guy who wants to write about a really interesting era. That's it.

This is my first time WRITING on this site. I typed in "illegal immigration forum" and this popped up as one of the search results (as did other forums).

Again, no hostility intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2010, 09:30 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
Let's calm down a little. I've been on pro-illegal forums and they too are sloppy with research. Anytime you have a group of people who agree with each other, research will be sloppy. It's just a fact. It's not an indictment.

Again, I'm not here to refute claims; I stated that in the beginning. If you don't want to participate, you don't have to. I'm just a guy who wants to write about a really interesting era. That's it.

This is my first time WRITING on this site. I typed in "illegal immigration forum" and this popped up as one of the search results (as did other forums).

Again, no hostility intended.
Enjoy the forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2010, 11:02 PM
 
2,287 posts, read 2,492,870 times
Reputation: 6999
I already posted some of my problems here on another thread, but will add I have a car that has been smacked into twice by illegals. One that didnt have a scratch on it, now looks like a demolition car. Guess what the cops said? "Nothing you or we can do,they're illegals"... They also cant read the street signs, so its horrible trying to share the roads with them. They dont know they can turn right on red, they never go the speed limit etc....oh, my fav. they go slow for the school kids..On The Weekend & at Night! This used to be a neighborhood of people who Never had trash all about, watched out for strangers & we were very respectful about noise....now its loud trashy & who the heck knows whos belongs on the street? Theres so many that move in & out on a daily bases, that we dont even know who owns the homes! And what really is a shame...they are the ones with a TON of small children, but they are also the ones ripping up & down the street! (we live on a cul-da-sac) They also Love their car horns...and they warm up their cars with that "music" blasting at 4:00a.m. with the car door open.

This is just a few of my gripes, but next week I'm outta here..and I'll be honest, I picked a place as far removed as I could find from these problems. Stick a fork in me, I'm done...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 12:49 AM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,450 posts, read 7,553,239 times
Reputation: 12116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
I really want people to give me evidence that America is headed in the wrong direction by illegal immigrants and their supporters. Also please post if you are a tea party member or not. I want to write a series of blogs chronicling this divisive political climate (tea party members, Obama supporters, anti-illegal proponents, etc.).

Full disclosure, I personally don't feel that's the case...but I really don't want to debate the issue. I simply want to get YOUR facts and opinions. If I ever complete this project I'll give you (plural) a link to see your statements.

Ideally it would be a series of blogs centered around a theme. That theme would then be used as a segue into the actual conversation. Initially using "This American Life" as a template.

So thanks in advance for your help on this.
There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and a lot of older posts that you can draw from. Like Benicar stated earlier, there is a lot of facts (along with credible links) to choose from for your "project". We are not going to waste our time doing your homework for you. The information is at your fingertips. Now go and fetch.

I am not a tea party member. I'm just an American who gives a damn about the wellbeing of his country. While you are at it, why dont you do a piece on why the majority of people in this country are against the "ground zero mosque" as well. There are tons of threads on that topic as well. (Check the main politics forum)

With the mass ammounts of info you obtain, you can do a "Super Report".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 12:58 AM
 
344 posts, read 152,933 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and a lot of older posts that you can draw from. Like Benicar stated earlier, there is a lot of facts (along with credible links) to choose from for your "project". We are not going to waste our time doing your homework for you. The information is at your fingertips. Now go and fetch.

I am not a tea party member. I'm just an American who gives a damn about the wellbeing of his country. While you are at it, why dont you do a piece on why the majority of people in this country are against the "ground zero mosque" as well. There are tons of threads on that topic as well. (Check the main politics forum)

With the mass ammounts of info you obtain, you can do a "Super Report".
It's not my homework. For example, as I stated and illustrated in this thread, most (what I've seen thus far) are anecdotal without links. So, pretty much I'm asking PROVE your point without the heated debate aspect. What would tell a person to convince them? What if they asked you to prove your side?

Personally, if somebody asked me to prove my views in an uncontested setting, I'd do it in heartbeat. It's kind of like an open ended survey, but with a little more proof needed. That's all.

I am also planning on doing something about the ground zero mosque. Being from California, I'm intrigued about the Temecula mosque incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 01:12 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
Let's calm down a little. I've been on pro-illegal forums and they too are sloppy with research. Anytime you have a group of people who agree with each other, research will be sloppy. It's just a fact. It's not an indictment.

Again, I'm not here to refute claims; I stated that in the beginning. If you don't want to participate, you don't have to. I'm just a guy who wants to write about a really interesting era. That's it.

This is my first time WRITING on this site. I typed in "illegal immigration forum" and this popped up as one of the search results (as did other forums).

Again, no hostility intended.
Why don't you try www.numbersUSA.com or(general discussions) on http://www.alipac.us/forum-2.html
Those illegal immigration forums and their orginizations are run with leaders and daily up to date information.
Not that CDF isn't up to date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top