Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:13 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
....inturbide.....so instead of spending 1.3 trillions dollars helping israel since its foundation
I kind of like having Israel as an ally in the Middle East.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 09:58 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,779,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Jorge Castaneda Blames U.S. for Migrant Massacre
By Jerry Kammer, September 2, 2010

"Immigration Reform or More Massacres."

That's the provocative headline of today's column in the Mexican daily Reforma by Jorge Castaneda, who as Mexico's foreign secretary from 2000 to 2003 pushed the Bush administration to pass "comprehensive immigration reform" legislation. He is now Global Distinguished Professor of Politics and Latin American and Caribbean Studies at New York University.

Castaneda believes that unless the U.S. accepts the inevitability of large-scale migration of low-wage workers, it will be at fault for more slaughter like last week's horrific massacre of 72 illegal immigrants in the border state of Tamaulipas.

http://cis.org/kammer/castaneda-migrant-massacre

Well, my first reaction to this thread was, 'f this idiot Castaneda. After thinking about what this nice gentleman had to say, my thoughts are, 'F THIS IDIOT.....Yeah, let's just have open borders and I'm sure all the violence in Mexico will just go away. That's a politican for you---No common sense whatsoever.......

Old 09-03-2010, 10:08 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Jorge Castaneda? Sounds like the Spanish version of Seinfeld.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:12 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,779,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Jorge Castaneda? Sounds like the Spanish version of Seinfeld.

Yeah, that sounds about right

Old 09-04-2010, 04:49 PM

155 posts, read 174,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I kind of like having Israel as an ally in the Middle East.....
annie dont mistake me so do I, but tell me this

do you know what a birth rate is? and a death rate? is when calculating countries growth?

well iran and egypt put together , when one jew baby is born, theres 29 iranians and egyptians born a year thats whithouth adding,

yemen, quatar, morocco, algeria, somalia, saudia arabia, syria, iraq, turkey, pakistan, lebanon etc.. etc...

putting israel in the middle of of the middle east, I migh sound anti zionist here but i swear i am not, why dont we comfront islam in a diffrent way?

theres over 1.4 billion muslims and just 7 million jews...do your math.

i rather put those
The Real Cost Of US Support For Israel - $3 Trillion
3 trillion dollars, in
generating more technology to make americans more in capacity to compete to produce the newest computers of tommorrow, the cars, the airplanes to

really have a fighting chance,

do the math thats all I ask,,,, do the math.
imagine latin america with 3 trillion dollar in foreign investment???????????

right now they would have easily integrated to the competing world and there would be an illega problem.

rather we put our investments in fighting people that have a right to be stubborn.....in their own turf.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:19 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
wow - now THAT'S what I call some mighty SPIN..............
It's just a Mexican hat dance.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:21 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,857 times
Professor at an university?

I'm starting to think we should put real-life blue collar workers in political seats, not out-of-touch white collar bookworms. Look at they have done for our country.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:56 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,394,590 times
Quote:

That's the provocative headline of today's column in the Mexican daily Reforma by Jorge Castaneda, who as Mexico's foreign secretary from 2000 to 2003 pushed the Bush administration to pass "comprehensive immigration reform" legislation. He is now Global Distinguished Professor of Politics and Latin American and Caribbean Studies at New York University.

Castaneda believes that unless the U.S. accepts the inevitability of large-scale migration of low-wage workers, it will be at fault for more slaughter like last week's horrific massacre of 72 illegal immigrants in the border state of Tamaulipas.

So he is part of the illegal alien "blme-the-victim" croud...(YES the iUSA is a victim of illegal immegration.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:32 AM

894 posts, read 1,126,750 times
Wow. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would think we're responsible for what the drug cartels do to persons attempting to enter this country illegally.

If they would just finish the damned border fence and put military guard on it (as it should be!) it would solve this whole problem.

People from Mexico wouldn't be able to willingly cross the border (illegally), there'd be less deaths on their side of the border and ours, and it'd put a crimp in the drug cartels bottom line. Sounds like a win-win to me. So, what's the hold-up?

Oh ... that's right. Our Government is LAZY.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:39 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:

Mexico's foreign secretary... pushed... Bush ... to pass "comprehensive immigration reform" legislation.

Wouldn't that make Bush a traitor for cow-towwing to pressure from a foreigner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration