Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 04:53 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times

Advertisements

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/ (broken link)

For those of you who ask me how you can get involved in the fight against amnesty:

Here is an easy way to stay informed and in touch with your representatives. Registration is quick and easy. It will only take 5 minutes of your time. When you sign up all of the faxes, etc. are set up on the action buffet and can be sent with a click of your mouse for free.

This is a simple, efficient way to send faxes to your representatives to let them know that you are watching how they vote on every issue.

COME ON AMERICA, SAY NO TO AMNESTY, THE NIGHTMARE ACT AND CHAIN MIGRATION. TAKE 5 MINUTES TO MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD ON EVERY SINGLE BILL.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 06-13-2009 at 05:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 06:34 PM

804 posts, read 1,359,958 times
This is an anti-immigrant organization, not just ilegal, but legal as well. For those who say they welcome legal immigrants, you might want to read through their site before signing up as their supporters to makesure you agree with their position.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:58 PM

85 posts, read 137,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
This is an anti-immigrant organization, not just ilegal, but legal as well. For those who say they welcome legal immigrants, you might want to read through their site before signing up as their supporters to makesure you agree with their position.
Ah, heck, I signed up anyway. After reading the site, I'm even more convinced that this organization is looking out for our rights.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:03 PM

85 posts, read 137,316 times
No" to Immigrant Bashing

Message from Roy Beck, Executive Director

Roy Beck, Numbers USA Executive Director
The chief difficulties that America faces because of current immigration are not triggered by who the immigrants are but by how many they are.

The task before the nation in setting a fair level of immigration is not about race or some vision of a homogenous white America; it is about protecting and enhancing the United States' unique experiment in democracy for all Americans, including recent immigrants, regardless of their particular ethnicity.
-- Roy Beck, "The Case Against Immigration"
Nothing about this website should be construed as advocating hostile actions or feelings toward immigrant Americans; illegal aliens deserve humane treatment even as they are detected, detained and deported. Unfortunately, to write about problems of immigration is to risk seeming to attack immigrants themselves. Even worse is the risk of inadvertently encouraging somebody else to show hostility toward the foreign-born as a group.
I encounter too many immigrants and children of immigrants in daily affairs where I live in northern Virginia to take those risks lightly. From five continents, members of immigrant families have passed through my home, especially in the persons of friends of my sons. They are among the physical therapy patients of my wife; they are participants in youth activities which I lead; they are friends at my church, which has received national recognition for creating local service to new immigrants; they are neighbors; they are business clerks and owners where I trade.
Thus, as is the case for millions of other Americans, I have a very personal stake in not wanting to provoke hostility or discrimination toward the foreign-born who already are living among us

Old 06-13-2009, 07:39 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I'll back Numbers on this one.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:02 PM

804 posts, read 1,359,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I'll back Numbers on this one.
The KKK is also against illegal immigration, are they your friends as well? Pick your friends carefully.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:30 PM

103 posts, read 140,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
NumbersUSA | For Lower Immigration Levels - For Lower Immigration Levels (http://www.numbersusa.com/content/ - broken link)

For those of you who ask me how you can get involved in the fight against amnesty:

Here is an easy way to stay informed and in touch with your representatives. Registration is quick and easy. It will only take 5 minutes of your time. When you sign up all of the faxes, etc. are set up on the action buffet and can be sent with a click of your mouse for free.

This is a simple, efficient way to send faxes to your representatives to let them know that you are watching how they vote on every issue.

COME ON AMERICA, SAY NO TO AMNESTY, THE NIGHTMARE ACT AND CHAIN MIGRATION. TAKE 5 MINUTES TO MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD ON EVERY SINGLE BILL.
Thank you for the INFORMATION.......I already sent some faxes to my representatives asking them to SUPPORT CIR.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,807 times
Illegal Immigration is NOT a victimless crime. Thousands and thousands of Americans are killed and injured by illegal immigrants every year. Many are killed injured daily by illegal immigrants...

Old 09-05-2010, 07:47 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
The KKK is also against illegal immigration, are they your friends as well? Pick your friends carefully.
Stalin was our ally in WWII should we have refused the help?
If you were hanging from a cliff and a klucker in a white robe threw you a rope would you refuse the rope?
Yeah thats what I thought.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:28 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Stalin was our ally in WWII should we have refused the help?
If you were hanging from a cliff and a klucker in a white robe threw you a rope would you refuse the rope?
Yeah thats what I thought.
Exactly, tinman. Many times these KKK types just join in the anti-illegal rallies without being invited. Just because they also oppose illegal immigration doesn't mean that we anti's also agree with their racist agenda which is totally unrelated to the illegal immigration issue.

Note how the reconquista types show up at the pro-illegal rallies also. Does that mean that all pro-illegals are also for taking back this country for Mexico? I don't see the pro-illegals admonishing the reconquista types that join them. What hypocrites these pro-illegals are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration