U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:42 PM

873 posts, read 1,433,426 times

Advertisements

Where in the article does it say it doesn't work?

I understand they are breaking the law, but they are still going to cross the border regardless so they might as well get some water. They don't care about breaking the law, but that doesn't mean we should be inhumane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 10:43 PM

894 posts, read 953,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
... and if you didn't agree with that part of the quote you should have indicated that.
I did indicate THAT when I said THIS in my FIRST post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek}
Gee, if he's an Art Professor shouldn't he be spending that grant money (funded by taxpayers!) on something, I don't know ... art related, perhaps?

Building an application that HELPS illegals is NOT "art" related and not only that, it's illegal to aide and abet an illegal. Why wasn't this bleeding-heart professor charged with aiding and abetting a criminal element?
I thought it was pretty much self-explanatory. sheesh.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:54 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,186,440 times
Quote:

I understand they are breaking the law, but they are still going to cross the border regardless so they might as well get some water. They don't care about breaking the law, but that doesn't mean we should be inhumane.
I disagree. Purposely leaving them water to assist their trip illegally into our country is a dumb idea. They cross in the desert knowing full well that it is an arid, hot and dangerous place. They are responsible for their own safekeeping. I don't consider it inhumane by making them responsible for themselves while they try to violate our borders.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:55 PM

5,206 posts, read 4,131,993 times
Quote:

It's a desert. They have water where they live.
Let them drink water at their house.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:55 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,987,343 times
Quote:
Quote:
Although the project API is available for download, an easy end-user version is not available.
Okay it MAY work but in it's current form pretty useless for what it's supposedly intended for.............how many poverty stricken illegals scurry across the border with their GPS equipped phones?

Old 09-05-2010, 11:00 PM

If it saves one life, it's worth it to me.

Geek you didn't indicate that you believed that the no water part of the article was wrong.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:06 PM

9,072 posts, read 15,521,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
well ... It can be an "art" project, it's an obscure definition thing/form/whatever at the moment.
Life IS art.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:07 PM

5,206 posts, read 4,131,993 times
Quote:
If it saves one life, it's worth it to me.

Geek you didn't indicate that you believed that the no water part of the article was wrong.

What if that life it saves, takes away three here? 27% of the prisoners in California are illegal aliens.

What if that life it saves, forces a friend of yours to lose his job, because his was taken by the same illegal?

Old 09-05-2010, 11:07 PM

894 posts, read 953,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85
HUH?

I specifically addressed the part I thought was wrong. What aren't you getting?

Sheesh. I'm BLIND, not stupid!

Old 09-05-2010, 11:10 PM

27% of the prisoners aren't murderers.

Illegal immigrants are a part of our economy. I'm not thrilled about it, but if you want it to change talk to the people in charge of the businesses that are employing them.

geek, if they didn't have the device people would die. You can't separate out the project from the reason why the project is there in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or