U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-05-2010, 11:11 PM
 
Location: texas
155 posts, read 146,143 times
Reputation: 23

Advertisements

ADHS - Arizona vital statistics - Birth Statistics
Demographics of Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ADHS - Arizona vital statistics - Death Statistics

Government Taxes and Revenue Chart1992-2020 - Federal State Local

doing some research of my own came to a really funny conclusion,
the people that oppose illegal immigration did not say nothing
watching arizona go from
3,665,000 people in 1990 to 6,595,000 and increase of a staggering 79% increase in less then 20 years.

seeing their gdp going from 79.6 billion in 1992 to 245 billion in 2009
thats a 207% of its gdp that divide by 17 years arizona was growing faster then CHINA!!

after I showed you these facts you would see why that law its stupid and if its really to prevent illegals from coming then I dont see why the previous republican leaders did nothing.

secondly, arizonas future is hispanic, legal or illegal the state is hispanic regardless a lot of people claimed that illegals are costing arizonas social services an eye, but they do not consider that 14 percent of the population are over 65 years old and raising health care cost for everybody,

thirdly THIS IS THE ONE THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL
in 2008
they were 99,215 births in arizona
of those 41,925 births were white
and 42,925 births were hispanic
and 4,301 births were black

in 2008 they were 45,128 deaths in arizona
of those deaths 36,235 were white
and of those 5,313 were hispanic
and of those 1,295 were black

conclusion
surplus of population not adding more illegals in the years to come just 2008.
37,612 hispanics
5,690 whites
3,005 blacks

so adding the explosion of the latino growth which is growing 6.6 times faster than the whites, whites and blacks 4.3 times faster.

arizona at this moment exports 33 percent of all of its goods to mexico, arizonas economy is the model what the southwest is to become, a rich, diverse
part of the united states....
its kind of like a manifest destiny for hispanics all over the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-05-2010, 11:14 PM
 
873 posts, read 1,427,654 times
Reputation: 385
Thanks for the information! I too wonder why republicans didn't do anything about this before if it was such an issue.

Prepare for the onslaught sir or madam of posters who disagree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2010, 11:38 PM
 
Location: texas
155 posts, read 146,143 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
Thanks for the information! I too wonder why republicans didn't do anything about this before if it was such an issue.

Prepare for the onslaught sir or madam of posters who disagree with you.
List of Governors of Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Those are facts and arizona was governed by republicans after the amnesty in 1986

republicans ruled the state from 1987-1988
1991-1997
1997-2003

and all of the sudden its such a problem that its threating arizonas future and resources when I have just proven arizonas gdp grew faster than chinas, and that most of arizonas domestic migrations
are a bunch of seniors citizens , not contributing nothing to the economy
Arizona Economy at a Glance
and that arizonas employment statistics was
1987 = 1,479,643 jobs
2010 july= 2,866,325 jobs

from its highest ever reached 2,938,813 jobs in 2008 april

so if we conclude that they were 271 months during that phase
arizona was producing 5,117 jobs per month,

AND SHOWING MY PREVIOUS STATISTICS.....the white population increases that in a whole year....according to arizonas official statistics...

THERE LYING ,,,,LYING WITH NUMBERS. just like the germans did with the jews, or any totalitarian goverment trying to supress the changes or scapegoating the problems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2010, 11:53 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Reputation: 3083
All of which has ZIP to do with the subject of your thread.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 12:05 AM
 
873 posts, read 1,427,654 times
Reputation: 385
I think he's trying to prove that the economy was better for Arizona with the illegal immigrants there. I'm not really sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 01:38 AM
 
346 posts, read 616,114 times
Reputation: 273
So essentially you believe that all Hispanics, because they are the "future", should blatantly ignore our nation's immigration laws because the perpetrators are also Hispanic? That seems to be what you are saying when you mention how the future of the Southwest is Hispanic. Believe it or not, a good majority of us do not want illegal immigrants pouring into the US and sucking taxpayers money.

Another thing you fail to realize is that the 65 year old seniors who are raising the healthcare costs are (vastly) legal US citizens who most likely spent their entire lives working their behinds off to make this country so great. If we have to pay a little more for them, I don't think people would be as outraged because these are American citizen's parents and grandparents. Nobody wants to pay for people who disobeyed our nation's immigration laws and are mooching off of our social services.

Arizona's growth was prior to the housing crisis. Illegal immigrants are not the primary cause of economic troubles, but they sure are a major contributing factor. Right now, you are saying "Oh look the Republicans did nothing in the past", and many people realize this, but you are not realizing that the White House and Congress is currently run by Democrats. These are Democrats who essentially are enforcing a "backdoor Amnesty" with immigration law. Instead of just deporting everybody they catch, they only deport the worst of the worst. You can see why we're a little ticked right now with Democrats. Once the Republicans take over, if they do nothing - we will still be upset.

SB1070 is still alive and kicking, although it currently is lacking fangs. At the moment, Arizona can choose to sue sanctuary cities which are a direct violation of federal law - something which the Democratic White House actually refused to sue, unlike Arizona. (Another reason we are upset with Dems). And once the Supreme Court has its say, we can then determine if SB1070 can truly be enforced and do what it was originally meant to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 01:51 AM
 
873 posts, read 1,427,654 times
Reputation: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
So essentially you believe that all Hispanics, because they are the "future", should blatantly ignore our nation's immigration laws because the perpetrators are also Hispanic? That seems to be what you are saying when you mention how the future of the Southwest is Hispanic. Believe it or not, a good majority of us do not want illegal immigrants pouring into the US and sucking taxpayers money.
I understood all of your post except the first part. Where do you get the idea that all Hispanics should (or even would) ignore immigration laws from? Am I missing something from the facts that the OP posted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 02:05 AM
 
346 posts, read 616,114 times
Reputation: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
I understood all of your post except the first part. Where do you get the idea that all Hispanics should (or even would) ignore immigration laws from? Am I missing something from the facts that the OP posted?
Essentially when one says "Hispanics are the future" in response to SB1070 or any other anti-illegal immigration law, they are basically implying that Hispanics seem to want to ignore immigration law. He used it as his second point, that a majority Hispanic Arizona will eventually happen and that anti-illegal immigration laws are foolish because a majority Hispanic state will not care about illegal immigration or pass illegal immigration laws. It presents a "Us vs. Them" mentality which I find rather outlandish. I am one of the "You don't speak for me" Hispanics who supports a strong immigration enforcement program.

I hope this cleared things up a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 02:10 AM
 
873 posts, read 1,427,654 times
Reputation: 385
It does. I'm not sure if I buy his conclusion so it's hard for me to argue for or against it really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 07:19 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by inturbide1981 View Post
List of Governors of Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Those are facts and arizona was governed by republicans after the amnesty in 1986

republicans ruled the state from 1987-1988
1991-1997
1997-2003

and all of the sudden its such a problem that its threating arizonas future and resources when I have just proven arizonas gdp grew faster than chinas, and that most of arizonas domestic migrations
are a bunch of seniors citizens , not contributing nothing to the economy
Arizona Economy at a Glance
and that arizonas employment statistics was
1987 = 1,479,643 jobs
2010 july= 2,866,325 jobs

from its highest ever reached 2,938,813 jobs in 2008 april

so if we conclude that they were 271 months during that phase
arizona was producing 5,117 jobs per month,

AND SHOWING MY PREVIOUS STATISTICS.....the white population increases that in a whole year....according to arizonas official statistics...

THERE LYING ,,,,LYING WITH NUMBERS. just like the germans did with the jews, or any totalitarian goverment trying to supress the changes or scapegoating the problems
I take offense at the statement that seniors don't contribute anything to our economy. Many seniors still work to supplement their incomes. They pay taxes in various forms. Besides, after working all their lives and contributing to our economy we should now deem them useless?

Illegal immigration has come to a head now. It took decades to build it up to intolerable levels and that time is now. It is way past time to put a stop to it.

You can't compare the number of jobs held today compared to 1987 because our population has increased since 1987. Naturally the more people the more jobs will be held but with the addition of an illegal workforce fewer Americans will be holding those jobs.

Last edited by chicagonut; 09-06-2010 at 08:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top