U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:04 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Apparently both you and Boompa had a problem following what was said. Then Boompa made his/her sarcastic comment about "reading is basic" ...

Funny, I use a screen reader and had NO problems with READING yet both you and Boompa did. Thus, my reply, and no, it wasn't a "pity plea" -- it was reciprocal sarcasm.
I have a vast fondness for sarcasm...the elixir of the gods.

But it has to be detectable.

The Reader is a pity plea. Everytime...Except as you used it in the above.

Any way you are reasonably smart and rational which is rare here. So I apologize for any affront.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 10:17 PM

894 posts, read 949,782 times
Apology accepted. No hard feelings.

If you read back through any of my posts, you'll find I'm not someone that seeks pity due to my blindness. I knew since childhood that one day I would be blind. I've lived my life to always do my best and put forth 100% effort in everything I do.

As an example of that, after going blind I quit my teaching job and taught myself to program. I'm a blind programmer that specializes in web accessibility to help sighted web site owners make their sites accessible to people with disabilities.

I'm not about weakness, or pity. I am about strength, and rising to every challenge to prove I am every bit as capable as anyone else.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:52 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:

If you read back through any of my posts, you'll find I'm not someone that seeks pity due to my blindness. I knew since childhood that one day I would be blind. I've lived my life to always do my best and put forth 100% effort in everything I do.

As an example of that, after going blind I quit my teaching job and taught myself to program. I'm a blind programmer that specializes in web accessibility to help sighted web site owners make their sites accessible to people with disabilities.

I'm not about weakness, or pity. I am about strength, and rising to every challenge to prove I am every bit as capable as anyone else.
Indeed you are!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Indeed you are!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:05 PM

155 posts, read 146,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Absolutely not because it is never wise to reward lawbreakers. Not only that but we don't need the added population growth from low income, undeducated third worlders who in turn would be able to bring in their entire extended family once they gained citizenship. We need the jobs they are holding also. In turn, an American would be paying those same taxes only at a higher rate because the greedy employers would have to pay a fair wage to an American worker. Americans wouldn't be sending half of their earnings to a foreign country either. They would be spending it here.
Spending per secondary school student statistics - countries compared - NationMaster
http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/45/48/37864432.pdf

but everybody was in it, unless your omish? youre sure you never benifitted from an illegal?

now about the uneducated, third worlders, well let me tell you that our government gave us the best education in the world
now in days if you
go from k-12 the government would have spent on you at least 96,000 dollars why a third wordler their goverment spent 10,000 dollars on them

AND GUESS WHAT..he can flip burgers, single roofs, paint houses, do masonry, carpentry, carpeting, maid you name it...

the solution to americas problem is if you are not doing good in school then they should kick you out...as soon as possible

because its not possible that a border jumper can come to the usa with a 4 grade education and make as much money as a person that knows the language but was to lazy to upgrade his skills

to me thats the rule of capitalism.....no borders no respect....profits, profits, thats how this nation was founded and thats how this nation is going to end

Old 09-07-2010, 11:30 PM

11,896 posts, read 6,559,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inturbide1981 View Post
could you tell me los angeles gdp?
And the percentage the cost of the illegals being 3 billions?
And how much of that percentage is for educating the illegals?

You might say it does not matter, their illegals, but after you answer those three questions. I can understand that in hard times americans come first and that the lawbrakers are not welcome.

But if those illegals could prove that
they pay taxes
federal, state and fica something they are not entitled, would you be for amnesty?

no!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:

Which you have proven many times over.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:57 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inturbide1981 View Post
could you tell me los angeles gdp?
and the percentage the cost of the illegals being 3 billions?
and how much of that percentage is for educating the illegals?

you might say IT DOES NOT MATTER, their illegals, but after you answer those three questions. I can understand that in hard times americans come first and that the lawbrakers are not welcome.

Quote:
but if those illegals could prove that
they pay taxes
federal, state and fica something they are not entitled, would you be for amenesty?
Hell No!...Paying taxes doesn't change the fact that they entered this country illegally,broke laws and committed crimes in order to get the unauthorized job.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:15 AM

155 posts, read 146,157 times
blacks did not have a say so on the majority here? but yet the majority claimed they came here legally,

did the prior immigrants care about depressing the poor blacks wages when they were coming?no

is this country capitalist? yes

did illegals brake the laws? yes

did the goverment, employers, consumers brake the laws? yes

so wheres the problem?

Old 09-08-2010, 12:21 AM

You're getting way off track from the topic of this thread. This thread is about the cost of current illegal immigration within L.A. county.

However, if you're interested in discussing the costs of illegal immigration in prior years, feel free to start a new thread about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or