U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-08-2010, 07:43 PM
 
686 posts, read 1,477,417 times
Reputation: 151

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Yeah.

Last time.

No CREDIBLE scientist or researcher would ever dream of quoting Science Daily. It is a pseudoscience site. Do yourself a favor and read up on pseudoscience. It is not accepted by any person in scholarship. Do you believe everything you read without researching it thoroughly?

Additionally, the result of years of ethnographic research , the publication for which I provided citation, was published in 2006.

My 2006 trumps your 2004.

Game, set, match.

Done.
game set match, I think not, 30% is still the most used percentage there is and it's correct so my source trumps yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-08-2010, 08:06 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,584,432 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Really?

Hmmm....I feel pretty stupid right now. I have completely missed this whole Black American/illegal immigrant conundrum of which you speak.
I thought the SAME thing when I read the post. I haven't seen that attitude. I have read and heard pro-illegal immigration people using Black history to justify illegal immigration, but never seen anything that the OP is speaking of.

I smell blasphemy, lol. This was a bait thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 08:54 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,952,618 times
Reputation: 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
Why don't you say that to Kele to, we were both in that conversation.
but you were the one that took this thread off topic - that's why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 09:18 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,691,681 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
game set match, I think not, 30% is still the most used percentage there is and it's correct so my source trumps yours.
Lemmings tend to follow each other off of cliffs to their deaths.

All those lemmings couldn't be wrong now, could they?

How do you know your source is correct? Because 12 other sources cited the same wrong information? Well, there you go.

I've already told you that I'm done with this. The ignorance with which you have refuted sources--pseudoscience and outdated information--does not merit my attention. I've given you solid science and reputable, scholarly citations, and you've given me crap.

Additionally, this conversation is way off topic from the original intent of the thread. If you feel you must continue this intellectually empty debate, it will be a one-sided argument.

You have fun with that, ya hear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2010, 10:46 PM
 
Location: DFW
2,262 posts, read 2,692,458 times
Reputation: 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Only in your dreams. If you think we are going to be subjugated by third-world peasants, think again. Don’t be fooled by the pandering of our government. ‘We the People’ have other plans. And, you can take that to the bank.
Benicar, don't encourage him because he will drive you crazy. Just continue to advocate for the correct side of the illegal immigration issue and know that many of us support you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2010, 03:36 AM
Yac
 
5,875 posts, read 6,294,617 times
If I see one more post here not about the topic, but about who was here first and how and other, completely irrelevant here things, infractions will be issued and the thread will be closed.
Back on topic folks, please.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2010, 09:17 PM
 
12 posts, read 13,295 times
Reputation: 15
It depends. If by illegal immigrant you mean hispanic there are several places latinos come from whose cultures fully embrace people of all colors. I think in the end they will be an example of acceptance and tolerance, besides the economic standpoint. In the case of Mexico, it is inherently an elitist culture with their own form of racism based on a more narrow palette of skin tone and cultural diversity. Most illegals from here come in with the prejudices they have been raised with, and have a problem recognizing humanity. In addition to this, many behave in a way that they think will win them points with white people. As far as Americans that I know, and their feelings on the topic, (i say from a standpoint of my current friends from having lived in San Francisco for the past three years) is white people tend to feel honestly like, "It was cool doing that whole we are the world thing for a while but this sh*t is starting to hurt. I'm not a racist, but i'm tired of being used by people for stuff." the black side, "We didn't do all that fighting for any Latinos to come in and be even more racist than ANYBODY, they fill up a place with their kind and don't hire our people. You call the EEOC, it's a Latino who runs it. You go before a Judge, he a Latino. Those people want too much." the Chinese aspect, "Gosh, they ruin everything..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2010, 02:08 PM
 
686 posts, read 1,477,417 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Lemmings tend to follow each other off of cliffs to their deaths.

All those lemmings couldn't be wrong now, could they?

How do you know your source is correct? Because 12 other sources cited the same wrong information? Well, there you go.

I've already told you that I'm done with this. The ignorance with which you have refuted sources--pseudoscience and outdated information--does not merit my attention. I've given you solid science and reputable, scholarly citations, and you've given me crap.

Additionally, this conversation is way off topic from the original intent of the thread. If you feel you must continue this intellectually empty debate, it will be a one-sided argument.

You have fun with that, ya hear?

You didn't give any reliable sources I did, your sources are wrong.

I'll take the CIA world factbook source any day over your random source.

Besides that, I don't see how people being pro immigration are being anti black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2010, 04:20 PM
 
344 posts, read 153,141 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Yeah.

Last time.

No CREDIBLE scientist or researcher would ever dream of quoting Science Daily. It is a pseudoscience site. Do yourself a favor and read up on pseudoscience. It is not accepted by any person in scholarship. Do you believe everything you read without researching it thoroughly?

Additionally, the result of years of ethnographic research , the publication for which I provided citation, was published in 2006.

My 2006 trumps your 2004.

Game, set, match.

Done.
Science Daily is perfectly fine for a general understanding. However, most scientists would not use Science Daily. Not because of issues of pseudo-science, but rather the watered down nature of a mainstream publication.
I've had a number of professors being quoted in Science Daily. Most scientists would use more technical, peer reviewed sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2010, 04:49 PM
 
344 posts, read 153,141 times
Reputation: 46
Non-sequiter, but hey whatever.

1) Indigenous population estimates in Mexico range as little as 10% to as high as 30%. The reason is partly sociological. Many falsely report not being indigenous as to be in a higher social group. Take as you will. Most estimates are consistent with Kele's numbers of roughly 15%.

2) There has a been study in Canada that states a cave to be 20,000 years old.
Jacques Cinq–Mars. "Bluefish Cave 1." Canadian Journal of Archaeology. No. 3, 1979, p. 1. Meadow Croft, in the United States is roughly 19,000 years old. (excavated by the University of Pittsburgh in the 1970s).

3) Since migration occurred during an ice age, the Sonoran Desert would have been MUCH different. It was much wetter, thus more conducive to flora and fauna. Not my claim, but Thomas R. Van Devender PhD.


4) The radiocarbon dating for Tierra Del Fuego is closer to 10,000 years ago. Half the age of Canada's first settlement and slightly less than half the age of Meadowcroft.

5) There is little scholarly consensus regarding the age of the oldest settlement. There is little evidence to support that the oldest settlement is 30,000 years old.

6) This has little to do with illegal immigration and very little to do with the topic at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top