Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 10:38 PM

344 posts, read 198,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
So, millions of illegal alien children are not attending our schools? They are also not enrolled in ESL, breakfast and lunch programs? No, we don’t have an exact accounting of the costs associated with their K-12 education, but we do know millions are in fact enrolled in our schools; and, we do know that billions of tax dollars pay for their education.

Illegal aliens should not expect the taxpayers of this country to pay for their education. Let the parents who send billions back to their countries use that money to pay for their K-12 education. I’m sick of having my hard-earned tax dollars squandered on ingrate illegals.

Billions of tax dollars are being spent to provide medical care for illegal aliens. The amount of uninsured citizens or insured illegals does not lessen or alter those costs. It is a FACT that illegal aliens are receiving billions in tax-funded medical care. It is also a FACT that hospitals have paid millions for the long-term care of illegal patients. None of your arguments can change that.

You REALLY need to do your homework prior to responding to posts.

U.S. to Check Immigration Status of People in Local Jails - washingtonpost.com

Local Jails to Check Immigration Status | Crime, Law Enforcement & Corrections > Corrections from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/crime-law-enforcement-corrections/corrections-prisons/12583873-1.html - broken link)

I need to do my homework? You post contradictory statements and I need to do my homework?

Illegal immigrants also pay billions into taxes. They extended the life of social security by paying into the system. Illegal immigrants use 40% less in social services per household than natives. So they cost less per capita. Not to mention that illegal immigrants have to pay sales tax (thus stimulating local economies...they mimic native families in their tax bracket, therefore spending a high proportion of their income on retail items).

Your arguments don't change the fact that there are FAR more uninsured Americans than illegal immigrants. Thus, it's mathematically IMPOSSIBLE for illegal immigrants to create a significant drain on our nation's healthcare. I will concede, once again, that you have a point on a LOCAL level.

I think it would be wise if you expand your sources and not let emotion dictate your argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration